Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 BAD NEWS: Pagan Underdogs walk off the job!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2002 : 03:50:48 AM
After the Buffalo show the band known as The Pagan Underdogs took a hike. I came down to the van, after a phone call from the front desk of the hotel, to find the Pagan Underdogs had taken a walk along with alot of our equipment. That's right, WE WERE ROBBED!! Just when I thought it was going great, BOOM. We have spent the last few days trying to locate new equipment so we wouldn't miss any shows. Luckily it happened at a TIMe when we had a few days off so we could locate and prepare for the upcoming shows. TR has been locked away in his hotel room like a mad scientist trying to program the new machines so we have a show. All of Masons VCR's and DVD players are gone and we are hoping to have something in time for the Fletchers show. We spent all day shuttling between music stores in the Baltimore area trying to find replacements for the equipment that went missing. We lost all of TR's pedals, drum machines, samplers, cables, pedal boards. Rew lost his leather vest. Mason lost most of his equipment and a jacket, money and CD's and I lost the merch case full of CD's. At my first observation of the crime scene, I thought we had gotten off quite light. All the amps were still there and all the big stuff with the exception of Masons rack of VCRs and DVD players. After a more careful inventory we realized that the most important part of the show, The Pagan Underdogs, were gone. TR was crushed. NO BAND!!! How could the show go on? Well we put our heads together and combined our positivity in the face of negativity and met the challenge and decided we would not be deterred. We immediately located a glass shop that could immediately fix and replace the van window, not at any small cost, $600!! Thanx to them for the fixing it so quick and effficiently despite the price. We were just happy they could do it so fast. That was just the beginning of the expenses. So we started making calls lining up new equipment. Some is being shipped to us from Diane at home and other stuff we had to buy here in Baltimore. Basically we are almost back up to running. After talking to TR, I am really looking forward to the Fletchers show. It should be quite exciting to see what he comes up with under the gun. He has been programming his little heart out all day. Everytime I stop by his room he seems more and more excited. He says they are coming out great. I am anxious to see what he comes up with for the last three shows of this leg of the tour. Of course it will all be back in full force by the second leg as he will have TIMe to reprogram everything while he is on the break. I expect alot of improvisation and new sounds for our first show with the new, improved Pagan Underdogs. All in all we are thankful everyone is OK and it certainly isn't the worst thing that could have happened, hell, it's only material stuff. It's more of the inconvenience of it all. We were really looking forward to a few restful days before the last few shows as it has been a hectic tour as evidenced by my absence. Instead we were running around trying to pull it together at the last minute. No rest for the WICKED!!! The show must go on, and we were hellbent on not having to cancel any shows. Alot of people were quite surprised were were carrying on and not cancelling shows. We have learned to make the best of a bad situation and we draw on each other for strength and support while out on the road. My friend ED has managed to locate the last few missing items and we should be in possession of them tomorrow before showTIMe. Thank god for friends!! It is amazing how people jump in and help out in a crisis. I have some great friends. We probably couldn't have done it without the help and encouragement of our friends and loved ones. They have been a big help. Thanx to all of you for pooling your resources and getting us back on the road.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
captain_napkins Posted - 10/02/2002 : 6:46:13 PM
I wonder if the people who stole the equipment knew it was Tim's. Weren't there any 'property of timmy' stickers on there or anything?
Well, it's definitely a shame that tim got robbed. I hope everything works out.

pcbTIM Posted - 10/02/2002 : 01:54:54 AM
quote:

people can be worthless.

Maybe that's why they stole all the stuff.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
rubylith Posted - 10/01/2002 : 10:21:14 AM
id like to smack the life out of the scumbags who thieved your stuff.
people can be worthless.

-Dave
Saint Jude Posted - 09/30/2002 : 11:30:40 PM
Bunch of savages in this town - Clerks.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
DaRavyn Posted - 09/30/2002 : 6:59:44 PM
I am really sorry to hear about what happened, I am a lil behind on the message board but if i would have been there there would have been some serious kung-fu beating of robbers. But, violence isnt the answer to it all. I am glad to see you all made the best out of the worst of situations, and none of you all got hurt. But my family friends and myself are all behind you all and will see you in muncie indiana at Ball U in nov.
Peace, love, and save the whales.
Rob

Rob
Xar666 Posted - 09/30/2002 : 4:20:29 PM

-Xar666

I never really hated a one true god, but the god of the people I hated.
pcbTIM Posted - 09/28/2002 : 3:13:48 PM
quote:

Fortunately, we now have a bobbly-head DEVIL overseeing the onstage gear.

I'm sure Xar will be pleased by this news.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
PJK Posted - 09/28/2002 : 08:43:17 AM
I guess you can't claim the loss under a "home owners" policy? I know my son's stuff at college is covered under ours. Your equipment was just "enroute" to some location? I'd just check it out if you haven't already, it can't hurt.

Fluffy Posted - 09/28/2002 : 06:21:53 AM
SpaceMonkey: That is funny!! We talked about the exact same thing on the way to Baltimore. I even abbreviated the incident in my bookeeping as FBI(for break in), coincedence? We think NOT!!! dum dudum dum DUMB!! Can't wait to read your post to TR.

Silky asked:
quote:
Was anything insured?

Unfortunately, NO. Not even covered under the van rental. It really sucks. We had to eat it. To quote Spinal Tap, the SHIT SANDWICH!!

KevinLesko asked:
quote:
As far as all the programs, did TR have them saved on anything at home, or is he re-doing them all from scratch?

Redo them all from scratch. Actually, it has turned out to be a small blessing. As TR has worked with them for the past few weeks, he was able to tweek the new versions and make them tighter, something he would have probably never gotten around to if not forced by circumstance.
quote:
Is your camera safe?

Yes, my camera and all discs are safe and secure.
quote:
what about all the images and movies used on the screen?

We only lost some of them and Mason has been able to pull a great show together despite the loss.
quote:
Grrrrr, it gets me mad that people must do things like this.
US TOO!!!!

pcbdmb commented:
quote:
No more sister?! Oh no!!! How can TIM perform at a TIMe like this?!
Sister was alien-napped after the Traverse City show. Fortunately, we now have a bobbly-head DEVIL overseeing the onstage gear. You will see pics of him in the pics from the Fletchers show. The newest member of the CREW!! Tonite he sat where Grey#2 would have set, overseeing and guarding Grey#1 Mach 2.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 09/28/2002 : 05:26:38 AM
No more sister?! Oh no!!! How can TIM perform at a TIMe like this?!

smgallstars Posted - 09/28/2002 : 01:12:48 AM
Thanks GuitarGuy305 for getting me straight on that one! I did figure that out 5min after I posted it. Just forgot to edit it. The band I was refering to didn't really suck-ass... They sucked-ass when I thought they kidnapped Sister (actually Fluffy might have said she was taken at a different gig?) and/or all that stuff!

Jason Drewes

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 09/27/2002 : 4:26:06 PM
oh man, I feel really bad for you guys, and i wish I could help. I am coming tonight to the show in MD- do you guys want me to bring along my DL-4 ? ;) But seriously this should make for a really interesting evening. This will be my second time seeing tim- i am bring my friend rich who has never been to a show. I wish you all good luck in keeping your composure and putting on an awesome show tonight. i salute you all~
-MW

(no time for lyrics)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/27/2002 : 4:06:36 PM
quote:

Was that the suck-ass band that opened, before Peter Prince? Where are they from? The'll NEVER get away with that shit.

Umm...I think you're confused, the Pagan Underdogs is what Tim and company call Tim's "backup band" made up of his samplers, drum machines, etc....

At first, I thought the Pagan Underdogs were a band that ripped off Tim and co. but then I realized where I'd heard the name before.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Jay Posted - 09/27/2002 : 3:46:06 PM
It really does suck....It further proves my theory that the worst happens to the best. well, I'm very happy that you guys are taking it so well, I know I'd be balling my eyes out if my shit got stolen! Much respect to you guys for turning into a better situation and making the best of it. I truly takes a strong person to do so.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
KevinLesko Posted - 09/27/2002 : 2:36:13 PM
Jesus H Christ, that is SICKENING news guys. I'm surprised you all are taking it so calmly, and you are to be commended for that. Speaking only for myself, I wouldnt haven been able to handle that. I'm so glad to hear that it isnt setting you back on the tour. As far as all the programs, did TR have them saved on anything at home, or is he re-doing them all from scratch? Is your camera safe? what about all the images and movies used on the screen? Grrrrr, it gets me mad that people must do things like this.

Here is my apt complex an apt was robbed two nights ago and the livingroom of a neighbor of mine was wiped out, big screen tv, computer, dvds, cds, all gone. But the part that worries me the most is that it was done while the guys were in there, asleep. You can imagine why this worries me, first of all, we dont have a problem with shit like that here in Irvine, but the fact that whoever did this had the balls to do it with three grown men in the house has me nervous.

Best of luck on the rest of the tour, and here's to praying that nothing like this ever happens again. Who knows, maybe some of the stuff will even turn up somewhere along the line, I'll be keeping an eye on ebay for anything suspicious.

PS I agree with everyone else that these fuckfaces will get it in the end.

ethansinclair Posted - 09/27/2002 : 1:52:07 PM
Im sorry to hear that Fluffy! Im really happy though that you guys can continue on and move forward! I wish I could make it up to the East Coast or midwest to see some of the shows to show my support for Tim and you guys!

The Music and The Experience.
Tenorion78 Posted - 09/27/2002 : 12:21:33 PM
That story sucks. I was at the buffalo show and thought it was amazing. Please don't let this stop you from coming to Buffalo in the future.

Dani the girl
is singing songs to me
Beneath the marquee... of her
smgallstars Posted - 09/27/2002 : 11:53:17 AM
Fluffy,

That sucks balls! Was that the suck-ass band that opened, before Peter Prince? Where are they from? The'll NEVER get away with that shit. I hope all the stuff that was ganked had serial numbers registered in some way. Knowing Tim and what a perfectionist he is maybe he still has all the registration/warranty materials that came with the stuff. Even if it was paid for with a credit card, that should be ample enough to bust those idiots.
That won't make up for stuff like the pain in the ass, Tim's programming, and especially SISTER. That's fellony kidnapping! Maybe we can get a missing persons profile up for her!

PEACE,
Jason Drewes

Check Out My Band: http://www.mp3.com/smgallstars
mail to: coldengrey1@attbi.com
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/27/2002 : 11:26:09 AM
Damn... that really hurts the team. Was anything insured?

Erich with an h Posted - 09/27/2002 : 11:02:03 AM
i'll be at the show tonight sowing my supprt guys, im sorry that this happened... I wish there was something i could do or say, but i guess being there is all thats within my realms of possibility. as itm says, karma, and as cherise says, the bad people will get it in the end...

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
SpaceMonkey Posted - 09/27/2002 : 09:55:30 AM
That's shitty...but awesome that you are all just rolling with the punches and staying the course....I bet the last few days have been like the A-Team...you know, building some crazy weapon and formulating a plan as quickly as possible so you can take everybody by surprise...that sounds cool! I'm sure you can pull this off...you still have the main atTRaction, right?

For all those doubting Thomas's out there, this incident is proof that the CIA, in conjunction with the Freemasons and Trilateral Commission, are hell-bent on ending the peaceful mission of our faithful freedom fighters! The Pagan Underdogs have no doubt been taken hostage in black helicopters and are being interrogated by Charlton Heston and the cigarette guy from the X-Files as we speak, in the hopes that they will divulge the source of TR's amazing musical powers. I am certain the 'Dogs will be faithful to their leader and emit some kind of psychic energy to this weekend's shows ensuring that all goes on as scheduled.

Viva Revolution!

Fluffy Posted - 09/27/2002 : 06:43:03 AM
We also lost the gas mask in the robbery in Buffalo. That was in the bag with the drum machines and we lost the last "Sister" at the show in Traverse City. TR had a jacket stolen in Portland ME and Mike(Peter Prince's travelling friend and merch guy)lost his coat at Peabodys in Cleveland. Then he left his RnR Hall of Fame baseball cap in the hotel after the Peabodys show. Thankfully, everyone is safe and healthy. All the rest are material things and they come and go.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000