Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Former Reynolds student waving to him & friends

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/03/2002 : 11:42:15 PM
TextTextText
i would like to state first that i am a former student of Tim's having grown up in Charlottesville in suburban northern Albemarle County Virginia. I watched him go from being in TR3 and playing the same clubs as I myself did such as the Back Door Cafe (now called The Outback Lodge) and Trax nightclub to being on VH-1 storytellers with Dave Matthews. The last time i saw him was on Avon Street in Charlottesville right near Goodman Street in Charlottesville where I used to take lessons from him. He taught me some of the most important things about music i could have possibly learned by training my ear and doing things like standing across the room and hitting chords and getting me to recognize them by ear. Well here it is approximately 15 years later and i now play 8 instruments and i produce as well. I even listed this site on my website too. If u would like to know more about my connection to Tim email me and also u can download my music and get more info bout me at the following sites:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/402/subconscious_social_experi.html
http://subconscious_soc_exp.tripod.com

signed,
Andrew Craig
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/14/2002 : 8:16:30 PM
correction to answer for silky

see post above ur question!!!!

my websites are as follows, please check them out:
signed,
Andrew Craig
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/14/2002 : 8:07:29 PM
allowing others to pick my brain is what im here for fluffy thank u and ty for ur high regards to my communication ability. quick response to silkys question of "do you happen to remember any actual technique that TR taught you, or have any tips of your own?"

Answer: SEE ABOVE please. LOL!!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
pcbTIM Posted - 09/13/2002 : 4:00:06 PM
I'll hold the camera!

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/13/2002 : 11:08:49 AM
Well... if he DOES ever do a video, I'd like to hereby volunteer myself as the 'student' figure that every instructional video seems to have. :)

Fluffy Posted - 09/13/2002 : 04:10:28 AM
Thanx Silky, I was just getting ready to say that. pcbdmb arrived at a similar answer as well. Both equal about the same thing. If you remember back to the first message board and the beginning of my tenure with TR, it was discussed and those were his answers. As I said then, I wouldn't rule it out, but I also wouldn't hold your breath. If the mood stikes him, as we all know, it will come. I think it is a great idea as does Diane, Lisa(TR's publicity person) and Tom(Booking agent). So TR knows he would have our full support if he decided to undertake such a project.

Hey Andrew, I read your words to Rew and both of us were quite impressed. You to have a gift of communicating someone elses ideas quite clearly. We both felt like we were listening to TR. There is no doubt in our minds alot of your philosophy is derived from TR. I hope you continue to share your insights as well, as they are quite valuable to everyone on the board. As we have found it is hard to use TR as a source for this information, so I hope you don't mind if the folks around these parts pick your brain. Thanx again for your contributions and I hope to see you contribute more in the future.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/12/2002 : 8:14:52 PM
I think that was touched on a while back and the answer was something to the effect of Tim saying that he feels that there are other people that could probably articulate how to do things better than he could.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/12/2002 : 7:08:38 PM
Damn, that's a good idea! I wonder why no one ever thought of that? Or perhaps, like Fluffy said, TIM would have a hard TIMe explaining anything since he just wings it.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
DMBFanSJ Posted - 09/12/2002 : 7:01:05 PM
Fluffy -

Just a side question - has Tim ever considered releasing an instructional video? I would kill to have an hour video of timmy just explaining some of his favorite styles/techniques and maybe giving an intro for guitarists interested in learning solo guitar.

Thanks for all the insight into Tim's teaching and philosophy, both of you.

-Chris

Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/12/2002 : 6:32:27 PM
Thanks Fluffy and Andrew... very good stuff and it's much appreciated! Andrew, do you happen to remember any actual technique that TR taught you, or have any tips of your own?
-J

Andrew Craig Posted - 09/12/2002 : 5:06:43 PM
THIS ONES FOR SILKY AND FLUFFY!!!
Well Tim had methods of getting me to focus on devloping the mindset in my own mind to be able to grasp the instrument by teaching myself so that my OWN style would develop naturally. i think that everyone has a pivotal moment if they have been playing for a long enough period of time where they learned something in particular that opens the doors on the instrument or the floodgates if u will. and the purest purpose of a teacher is to guide u into the direction of finding that ability. He truly did that for me. U see what this means is that the foundation for something is NOT the architecture of the final structure and like real estate there can always be further annexes to the final structure. A teacher is there to provide merely the foundation. Once that is done THE MUSICAL WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!! and THAT OYSTER IS YOUR OVERALL STYLE!! which should NEVER stop evolving. Thats the beauty of the INFINICY of music. TIM made it possible for me to become extremely familiar with every note that the guitar was capable of producing. As well he allowed me to make associations between all of those notes in my head ahead of time with that first technique i mentioned in my first post. This gave me that foundation to be able to have the tools to fully express any feeling i had because i now knew what the notes were gonna sound like. But there was one thing i was missing. How to successfully use them in a musical way and access them fluently using dexterity. and when i got back into metal i heard this one special song called "WASTED YEARS" by IRON MAIDEN and i noticed that the main rhythm to the song was actually leadlike in nature and i figured it out. I realized that this piece of music held a very special pattern that allowed me to get around the fretboard in any position on any string and stay in key. This was the key that opened my UTOPIAN MUSICAL HEAVENLY GATES. And so now i could experiment with this and go outside of this pattern and see how it all connected because that original pattern gave me the initial roadmap that made me see the guitar fretboard as a whole. But remember it was TIM who laid the foundation for me to be able to learn MY PARTICUALR METHOD OF LEARNING the instrument which allowed me to have my own independent style. And this in my book resulted in and is MUSICAL NIRVANA. But remember its different for each person as it should be. I never stop learning either as TIM doesnt and we are always experimenting and thats why we like to play diff instruments alot too. KEEP IT FRESH!!!!! thats how u make a lifelong JOY out of it. I hope thats a good bit of theory for u for today. lol!!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Fluffy Posted - 09/12/2002 : 03:31:09 AM
Hey Andrew, Glad you liked what I wrote. Sometimes I feel like I have a hard TIMe communicating over this infernal contraption. I jus types it az I seez it!(or should I say, as I UNDERSTAND it) Long road trips and many years on the road with TR have allowed me a very priviledged insight into TR and his philosphy. He really is THE COMPLETE PACKAGE. I respect his views, his approach and his musical philosophy. It makes so much sense to me, even as a non-guitar player, but just a music fan. His art and craft are so sincere. As is the man. Anyway, I could go on and on about how great I think TR is as a musician and just as a person. I am truly lucky and blessed to have the opportunity to spend so much TIMe with such a talented, sincere, friendly, caring, deeply sensitive man. Even more than the music, I respect him as person.

Also, Silky was asking about TR's techniques he used to teach his students. He actually said he really couldn't remember HOW he did it. I think you might be in a better position to offer some input on this matter. I figure you must remember some of the stuff TR taught you and how he taught you. Some of the stuff above was quite insightful and is greatly appreciated by the other members of the board. As much insight as they can get is always better than nothing, plus I appreciate because it helps me to help answer questions I have no other way of answering. So if you could take a look at thread and post any pertinent comments you may have on the questions asked. As a student of TR's I think you could offer some invaluable assistance to the other members of the board in TR's teaching technique and ideas for getting better and better. I will post a link to the thread I was referring to for you. I would appreciate it if you could give it a read and see if there is anything you can offer up in the way of advice on the matter. THANX and I hope to get to meet you someday.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/11/2002 : 10:52:26 AM
I would like to respond to the GREAT FLUFFY and thank him with all my heart for getting my message through to OUR FRIEND TIM!!! And the information provided here about former students having moved on to work with Chicago and as well Julio Iglesias BOTH OF WHOM IM A FAN OF. AND CHICAGO I GREW UP LISTENING TO CAUSE MY DAD USED TO PLAY EM ALL THE TIME!! JUST GOES TO BACK UP MY WHOLE POINT THAT DIVERSITY AND CONQUERING NEW MUSICAL WORLDS IS THE TRUE MUSICIANS GOAL and i continue to get the feeling that THIS POINT seems to escape a message board member by the name of "enthuTIMsiast". And Fluffy it seems as though U and I, and TIM have a full accordant agreement on this as do the rest of his students and close associates and i read ur main post that u placed the link up for me to read and brother for something THAT IS DAMN HARD TO PUT INTO WORDS U DID SAID IT BEAUTIFULLY and since the people on this board listen to u better than they do me its better they hear it comin from u anyway. UR extremely well versed in grasping musical concepts Fluffy and thats why u are the friend of TIM that u are. U really made me feel good today in reading this post and thats something that is really worth alot!!!! THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/11/2002 : 10:51:36 AM
I would like to respond to the GREAT FLUFFY and thank him with all my heart for getting my message through to OUR FRIEND TIM!!! And the information provided here about former students having moved on to work with Chicago and as well Julio Iglesias BOTH OF WHOM IM A FAN OF. AND CHICAGO I GREW UP LISTENING TO CAUSE MY DAD USED TO PLAY EM ALL THE TIME!! JUST GOES TO BACK UP MY WHOLE POINT THAT DIVERSITY AND CONQUERING NEW MUSICAL WORLDS IS THE TRUE MUSICIANS GOAL and i continue to get the feeling that THIS POINT seems to escape a message board member by the name of "enthuTIMsiast". And Fluffy it seems as though U and I, and TIM have a full accordant agreement on this as do the rest of his students and close associates and i read ur main post that u placed the link up for me to read and brother for something THAT IS DAMN HARD TO PUT INTO WORDS U DID SAID IT BEAUTIFULLY and since the people on this board listen to u better than they do me its better they hear it comin from u anyway. UR extremely well versed in grasping musical concepts Fluffy and thats why u are the friend of TIM that u are. U really made me feel good today in reading this post and thats something that is really worth alot!!!! THANK YOU MY FRIEND!!!

signed,
Andrew Craig
rubylith Posted - 09/09/2002 : 9:53:20 PM
Hey Andrew!!

WHats up? My brother used to live in c-ville a while ago and he tattooed there. Have you seen(im sure you have) a band called earth to andy or a band called egypt? Do you know any of those guys? Cuz im friends with them and Its funny to meet people who know others as well through the internet. Ive been to Trax an uncountable amount of times and usually visit c-ville twice a year(6 hour drive so...) but ya im going there the end of the month. Write back, or email me dcmedia1@hotmail.com

-Dave
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 8:15:53 PM
Hey Andrew, as you are an past student of TR's I would love it if you could check out a post I wrote and see if you agree with my thoughts and impressions on TR and his philosophy. I figure, given your background with TR, alot of the ideas should sound very familiar to you. LMK what you think. THANX

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1079

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 8:11:00 PM
Hey Andrew, I passed your message along to TR and read him your posts here. He says to say HI and congrats on your success. He really appreciates the kind words and says that it sounds like you really grasped some of the things he was teaching. He also told me to tell you, if you still live in C-ville that you should try to come to the show we are working on setting up in C-ville and say HI in person. Keep watching the board for new dates to see if we end up with a C-ville show.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/09/2002 : 4:28:58 PM
Welcome to the boards Andrew. It is definitely cool to meet a former student of Tim's. The part you mentioned about him playing chords and having you name them was interesting to me. I've done that with music before, the first time I hear something, on a CD or a radio, I have a knack for knowing what the chord is. Usually I'll check out a TAB site or a sheet music book when I'm at a music store to double check, and I have some serious accuracy. It helps with being able to solo over chord and key changes, and just improvisation.

The trouble is finding musicians to play with that ALLOW you to play what you feel, and don't feel the need to be in the spotlight themselves 100% of the time....sorry I've been jaded by the local musicians in my area.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 05:20:07 AM
Hey Andrew, welcome aBOARD!!! I got your emails and will pass the message along to TR. Ironically, a couple of days ago the topic of past students came up. After the Winooski VT show I was in the hotel room with Rew and Mason and Chicago came on the TV. I commented that that was not Peter Cetera singing and playing guitar. The next morning as we were loading up the van to head out TR had mentioned that he had seen one of his old students on TV last nite. Guess who? That's right, Peter's replacement in Chicago. I forget his name but TR was so excited to see one of his past students playing with Chicago. He also mentioned that one of his past students is now the current guitar player for, brace yourselves, this one is a shocker, Julio Iglesius. He also mentioned someone else but I have since forgotten the other one he mentioned. Seems TR's students become quite adept as you have Andrew, CONGRATS!! You were very lucky to have that opportunity. I will pass your message along to TR and who knows, maybe one day I will see you on TV and TR will be going, "I gave that guy lessons once!!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/06/2002 : 8:55:27 PM
I wanted to quickly add again that im sorry for all the misspells and grammar mistakes im usually a stickler for those kind of details but i wes going for content. I also wanted to add that i can be reached on YAHOO and instant messaged at the ID "fordmustang662003". I am online ALOT so please, do not hesitate to contact me id really appreciate it. THANKS AGAIN!

signed,
Andrew Craig
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/06/2002 : 8:43:29 PM
Hi Andrew here again two things i wanted to mention about that my memory was triggered upon when i did the following things first i went through his discography to see what memories were sparked about my past experiences with the Charlottesville music scene. This is what occured to me. First, it was the TR3-TR3 record that had come out the year before when i took lessons from him so that would have meant it was 1989 that i had my experiences with him and i had actually been playing at that point for 5 years and i even still have the cassette cover for that recording, I wish to God i still had the actual cassette cause i realize how valuable that cassette would be today. its that piece of paper that is really the only evidence of my having taken lessons from Tim besides the canceled checks that my father used to write him which if my mom had still saved them would have had his autograph on each and every one. As we speak i just called her and its unfortunate but those are long gone. Anyway as i progressed through the discography i noticed the albums with Greg Howard and Shannon Worrel both of whom I had the chance to meet and at various points i saw them both perform. Greg on the Chapman Stick when he played in the front lobby of UVA hospital when i worked there and Shannon Worrel at a performing arts center on East Market Street and I remember Greg being quite personable and amicable and talented and Shannon though quite talented and attractive she had that serious "Im a princess and Im untouchable bow down and kiss my feet kind of attitude--LMAO". But i do remember as well when during this time I took lessons from Tim and shortly thereafter Boyd Tinsley had his own band "the Boyd Tinsley Band". I met Boyd on a number of occasions at Charlottesville Music and at the local Kroger grocery store LOL as well and Boyd is and was always a quiet pleasant genius type of personality and in fact i still know where his family resides because my mom still delivers the local newspaper to their house every morning. Boyd really spruced the old home manner and painted it some funny cool pastel color of which i cant remember what it is i could ask mom but u get the idea. Dave himself i never really have been all that fond of and i saw him only once in my life at the Higher Grounds coffee shop on the UVA corner and frankly when i saw him and he looked at me iI started to laugh really hard and couldnt stop, I just pointed and laughed and he gave me a really strange look and walked on LOL. Carter Beauford I met one night at the Random Row restaurant and bar and when he introduced himself to me he told me to call him "Smiley", I thought to myself HEE HEE what a character and he just gave off that kind of vibe, a person who knows what havin a good time is about. But when i met Steffan Lessard's father Ron it was a different matter, he worked at Heinz' Musitronics on Ivy Road at one point where my first guitar teacher used to give me lessons and all i was trying to do was pick up the tuning keys I had bought for my Les Paul and he was a total snob of a jerk so then a couple years later it didnt surprise me when his son Steffan was a chip off the old block when i met him one night at the Outback Lodge where me and Tim had roamed the stage separately on a number of occasions. Now dont get me wrong there was a number of musicians that came out Charlottesville that really seemed to be TRUE ARTISTS. But Charlottesville is BASED AROUND THE UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA PREPPIES and DAVE MATTHEWS the person and his ORIGINAL (strange i could use the word original when 99.9% of the people in this group were the furthest thing from original) following was made up of that core group alot of us as townies had a bitter feud with this crowd because they were not FULL TIME citizens although they acted like they ran the town and the majority of these people were bent white hat wearing buzzcut having MINDLESS UNORIGINAL FRATBOYS. The load of college women we got in every year was always eye candy but a good portion of them did not have a heart and wore their ATTITUDE ON THEIR SLEEVE INSTEAD OF THEIR HEART!!! And though these women loved music the majority werent interested in men that could really express themselves to the fullest extent and had an original look and personality to match that, they wanted MR DUMB FRATBOY THAT LOOKED AND ACTED LIKE THE NEXT ONE DOWN THE BLOCK. LOL u get the idea!!! I just wanted to give u all a taste of what Charlottesville life was like during those days and give u an idea of the music scene. Theres lots more where that came from. Another thing i wanted to mention that i noticed is that Tim and i think largely the same as far as electronics goes i read over his guitar setup page and i posess and endorse alot of the same setups and brands that he does for electrics theres nothing like Marshalls and Les Pauls. I tend to go more of the rack route than he does but thats for convenience. He loves to use lots of effects and i believe that this stuff simply makes for a more expressive ability when used tastefully. He orchestrates them well noting especially that he prominently features the Dunlop Univibe and ive had one of those for years. Im also a big fan of using a very electric style setup with acoustics but while still retaining the total acoustic sound. When he did that on VH-1 Storytellers I myself was floored. Oh and someone mentioned Ozzy Osbourne earlier in the post about mentioning their Dad was interested in the TR disc he played for him. Well incidentally i have a pic on one of my websites of me with DELORES RHOADS, MOTHER OF RANDY RHOADS whom was OZZY OSBOURNE'S guitarist on his first two solo albums (in fact there is a tribute to RANDYS MOM on the first of those two albums a classical peaced named DEE for her nickname) and and was a true legend of guitar and in fact i have a museums worth of memorabilia about this guy including his signature model JACKSON electric a very early one dated 85 and another Jackson that his mom autographed for me plus many rare vinyls and videos and other assorted recordings pictures books u name it. He died exactly 20 years ago this year and i got a tattoo of him on my right arm on 3/19/02 which is the actual anniversary of when i met his mom in front of his grave 3 years before and the of course the 20th of his death too u can eee that at my websites. Anyway this is wayy too long of a post but i hope u all get a lot out of it. again my websites are:

signed,
Andrew Craig
Jay Posted - 09/06/2002 : 6:35:49 PM
People always ask me that...HEy, I got question! How many smart Brittney Spears fans does it take to change a lightbulb? BOTH OF THEM! Hahahahah! Yeha so really, Pcb and Jason have some great stories, as does Andrew...I still don't think it' too late for a nice warm Welcome aBOARD!!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
pcbTIM Posted - 09/06/2002 : 5:12:58 PM
That reminds me of this one TIMe I was at work. I had the Stream album playing, and this man came up to the desk and asked what it was and how he could buy it. I wrote down this site and told him that TIM has a lot more like it. He seemed very pleased. I guess the L.A. fan club has increased by 10% now. hehe.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/06/2002 : 5:04:13 PM
Jason would buy Britney Spears.

This reminds me ... last night, I was moving some stuff with the help of my parents. So my dad goes into the house, sits on the couch (he's really not able to help move stuff) and my mom and I start putting together a computer desk. So I walk into the kitchen and turn on the cd in the little playa right there on the table...just so happens that Nomadic Wavelength was the first cd I took over, and thus was the one in there at the moment... So after about 6 minutes (two songs) my dad walks into the bedroom and says "what's that music you've got going?" And by his tone of "that" I surmise that he thinks it's something like Ozzy or something... So I tell him...and he says "Where do you think I might be able to get a copy of that?" I was FLOORED!! Especially since one of the songs was Entity, the loopy spacy one...not one that I'd expect him to enjoy...

I told him that I could burn a copy for him...then I thought that that's illegal, so I told him that I could just burn a copy of a live show for him, and it'd be a lot like that...probably one from 2000 or 2001.

Anyway...that's interesting to me...I got a kick out of that.

pcbTIM Posted - 09/06/2002 : 5:02:10 PM
Wow.........looks like you'll fit in here very well. I think all of us feel the same way about music. It's expression and not just something put out there to make money. I see people like Britney Spears and N*SUCK as the whores of the music trade: just selling themselves to whomever wants 'em. And the big record labels are the pimps. But anyway, there are people here who listen to Tool, DMB, Bela Fleck, Incubus, classical, etc.......and I think that was all I wanted to say......I can't remember.....d'oh well.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
Andrew Craig Posted - 09/06/2002 : 08:03:14 AM
Hi its me again, i would first like to thank u all for ur warm responses. I really got a kick out of them and its really a great feeling to see the powerful effects that he has had on so many of u. Well to try and give more details on my experiences with Tim i really only took lessons from for a total period of 6 months. I would go there once a week. He would spend about an hour with me and i dont remember his exact rate but i think it was in the 10-15 dollar range. He was really a true experimenter at the time i remember because i had bought one of the early TR3 tapes before i started taking lessons from him to get an idea of what he was like as a guitarist. At the time i was still a fledgling and i had had two teachers prior to him and both of them had really bored me to tears in that all they wanted to do was teach me other peoples music. Tim seemed to give me truly valuable answers that really made me feel like the money my father paid to him was worth it. I am 29 now but at the time i was only about 14 or 15. Tim seemed to have a very jazz oriented musical approach and i think he still does. Now, i dont mean that he "plays jazz all the time". Im saying that he just seems to take a very improvisational viewpoint on the music and this is what he passed on to me. I think why he has this approach is that this is what allows u to truly THINK FOR URSELF musically. As well when u just play what comes out it tends to come more from ur HEART, this by nature results in truly less contrived and MORE EXPRESSIVE MUSIC. And after all isnt EXPRESSION what music is really about??? To answer a persons question: YES I DO PLAY MANDOLIN. Another thing i believe that Tim was trying to get across to me besides the idea of experimenting and not being limited in musical style (at the time i was WAYYY too firmly rooted in blues (which Tim actually complimented my ability to play it too LOL) which as ive read in other posts that Tim never went through a blues phase and i must concur thats true he never really did) and listening to as many different kinds of music as possible is that its not good to think of "PLAYING" guitar as "PRACTICING" it. See "PRACTICING" brings to mind something LABORIOUS requiring work. THAT mentality isnt conducive to having FUN which as im sure u know is why we play music and or listen to it in THE FIRST PLACE. To me ur on the right track if ur own style cant be limited to A. having easily identifiable influences, and B. being stuck in one GENRE of music either. Well this is all i think i can fit in this post LOL. again please check out my websites for music its quite worth ur time and id appreciate it at the following addresses:

signed,
Andrew Craig
dan p. Posted - 09/04/2002 : 2:27:20 PM
mortals? bullshit. i'm a maia. didn't you see that in the quizzes post?

You cannot pass. I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The Dark Fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow. You shall not pass.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 09/04/2002 : 11:47:34 AM
Very cool to have you here... maybe you can share some more tips for us mere mortals. :)

Arthen Posted - 09/04/2002 : 01:31:32 AM
Wow!

I can only imagine what it would've been like to have received lessons from Tim.

Do you play the Mandolin?

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:46:13 AM
You lucky bastard! Mabye you have some useful tips that you can share with the rest of us.........besides that one you just mentioned, of course.

Erich with an h Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:24:25 AM
I would like to definatly welcome you aBOARD, its really great to see old school TR connections out here mingling with us . Its great to see tim as such a huge direct influence on your methods of playing, its something that us listeners try to develope but most likely will never experience to the same extent as a student. I would like to check out some of your work, and will do so shortly, it would be interesting to see if i could hear any influence myself in your playing. I would like to contact you at one point, it would be cool to discuss your past experiences with Tim.

Hoping you stick around

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com

Stay Tuned For The New Tim Site....

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000