Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 smokers?...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mgodinez Posted - 07/04/2002 : 12:31:48 PM
Say, did Mr. Reynolds use to smoke a lot back in the day? I'm just curious, because when I hear his vocals...there's like this raspiness in his voice. Which I think is cool...reminicent of Andrew Winn's voice w/ AGR, however he crushed his vocal cords.

Which brings up a point I've been thinkin' about. Why would a vocalist want to smoke (especially cigarettes), before, during or after a show. It is surely goin' to make his/her voice fade even faster...as time robs us all. Unless your Tom Waits or something. But my ramblin' ceases now.

HAPPY 4th EVERYONE.

mgodinez
cloudy...

Seattle, Wa
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mgodinez Posted - 07/05/2002 : 4:07:16 PM
Fluffy,

Thanks for the reply. Mr. Reynolds' talent becomes proportionally more amazin', as I read more posts on this board. His singin' technique, seems very unique. Never heard of anyone quite doin' that before. At the Seattle, WA show a few months back, he even hit that high note on the 3rd tune of the set..."Bustin' outta my back door, bustin' outta my skin".

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did they mention the mystery and possible conspiracy surrounding his death? Read about it at the link I provided. ENJOY. Pretty amazing stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, the VHI special dipicted Bob's death as a result of Cancer. He was diagnosed w/ cancer (of the throat, me thinks) several years before his death. Due to his religion of Rastifarianism, he was prohibited from cutting into his body in anyway (that's how it appeared to me). But as his health started to slowly deteriorate, he had no choice but to have surgery. After his surgery, the doctors told him he was cancer free. And it was not until the early eighties that his cancer came back.

Story goes, Bob was playin' soccer in Central Park, NY. And then he passed out and went into an epileptic fit. He went to the hospital and they diagnosed him w/ cancer of the brain, throat, lungs. He had 2 ping pong ball sized tumors on each side of his brain. His case was uncurable, and the doctors gave him less than 1-2 months to live. However, Bob lived for another 6 months at least. The last person he saw was Rita and His Mother who was at his bed side. His mother said that he grasped her hand, and she could feel that he was about to leave his body. And several minutes after that, he died.

Thanks for the consipacy link, Fluffy. Good stuff...

mgodinez
Partly Cloudy...in my head

Seattle, Wa
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 07/04/2002 : 1:26:07 PM
It took me a second to realize that TIM calls his new band the Pagan Underdogs. I had totally forgotten.

-what-
Fluffy Posted - 07/04/2002 : 12:47:00 PM
Hey MG, TR's raspy vocals are attributable to him only having one vocal chord as the result of a van accident when he was younger. At the TIMe they didn't think if was permanent and they thought it would come back in TIMe. It did not. TR has learned to manipulate it quite well. Watching him sing, if you pay attention. He will turn his head from side to side and back to forward to control the amount of raspiness. It is pretty amazing. When I first asked him about it he demonstrated to me how different his voice can sound just by the position of his head. As if we should be surprised, he doesn't just get up there and scream. Alot of thought goes into the vocals as well. That was one of the reasons he loves working with The Pagan Underdogs so much, he has the TIMe and the dedication of the band to work on material until he is happy with how it sounds and works out how is the most advantagous way to play it so he can sing the hell out of it. Speaking of smokers, in the "How tall is TIM?" thread, I left you a message about another smoker you mentioned, just wanted to make sure you saw it. BMW, check it out. Oh, by the way, BMW is my abbreviation for Bob Marley and the Wailers. I invented it working in the record store for writing up sales quicker. BMW=Bob Marley & the Wailers.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000