Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 about tim

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ginohassideburns Posted - 06/26/2002 : 03:00:48 AM
What are Tim's sporting interests? example: rock climbing, fishing, snowboarding, skateboarding

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Erich with an h Posted - 10/02/2002 : 9:52:25 PM
quote:
He is a big walker. He loves to walk. He always takes a walk after dinner, before a show. He usually takes walks after the show as well, usually after we get back to the hotel. He is a walking fool. It is not uncommon for us to be driving around in the morning, before we leave a city, looking for a starbucks and TR is talking about how he walked down here and over there. He loves to walk.

I, too, am i huge walker. I'll easily dissapear for hours and hours on end just walking if its nice out, up until my legs cant really carry me anymore. I told tim about it and he says thats probably the reason I think a lot, and it sort of flattered me slightly. My mother says that too... she also says that Toltec beliefs say that you carry your memories in the calves of your legs, and by walking you release these memories and come to terms with them, good and bad. In that respect as well, walking is one of my therapys, its what eases my mind when im troubled, and its what clears my head of any problems that may have occured. I always come home feeling so much better after taking one of my walks... Im sure tim can relate as well that it may spark creativity within you, the gears in your head start moving and your body becomes rythmic, and it can definatly spark a creative output. Some of my favourite works of poetry Ive writeen durring or after long walks...

i also go for long talks, as you can see

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
ChaosView, the new Tim Reynolds tour archive
Fluffy Posted - 06/27/2002 : 4:13:28 PM
Nope, he prefers sleeveless shirts. If they have sleeves, he cuts them off. I never asked him about it, so I don't know why, but it's probably just a preference.

As for the strolling around C-ville playing anywhere, TR says that was not him. He says there are lots of people in C-ville who do stuff like that but he was not one of them. He did his performances in Millers on Monday nites. He did say he used to practice his violin on while walking on the train tracks near his home, but noone was around. That would be the closest. Sounds like your friend has him confused with someone else, or it's just another one of the untrue myths that starts as a rumour and quickly becomes FACT.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Ginohassideburns Posted - 06/27/2002 : 3:46:55 PM
I find myself to be built very similiar to Tim. I am a little taller though standing at a towering 5'5". But I have also found that just by doing sit-ups, push-ups every morning help your body in muscle definition. I have another question for you Fluffy, It seems that every TIMe I have seen Tim performing he is wearing a sleevless shirt of some sort. Does he always wear these or I have just happen to see the shows when all he has had to wear is a cut off sleeve shirt?

Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 10:10:54 PM
I will have to ask TR about the C-ville story. I used to see Egypt all the TIMe back in the day. I think we even played a show with them. My band at that TIMe was called TheNow. Maybe your friend will remember. We were big fans of Egypt.

As for the muscles, I do not know the actual workout regime of TR. He does that in the privacy of hotel room. I would imagine it's just push-ups, sit-ups, jumping jacks, and stuff like that. I have never actually asked him what his workouts consist of. I just know he works out. He works it into his daily schedule very methodically. As for the arms of guitar players with muscles in places where others don't have places, I think this has more to do with there small wirey frames. Because they are in such good shape physically those muscles are more pronounced because of their thin, small bodies. We probably have the same muscles only ours are hidden by ice cream and other vices and that fact that our bodies are built differently from theirs. When I was in the best shape of my life I could not get a washboard stomach. I was told by a trainer that not all people can have washboard stomachs. Apparently people are sometimes constructed differently. My stomach no matter how toned will never have the appearance of a "washboard abs" stomach. Thankfully this means I can never achieve that so why try. I am free to eat what I like HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 06/26/2002 : 4:52:56 PM
Thats cool, I was always wondering about what excersizing he does, because his arms are ripped, and I always wondered if that came from constantly playing the guitar. I notice it from a lot of guitarists, take a look a chris whitley's arms... he has muscles in places where most people dont have places!

rubylith Posted - 06/26/2002 : 12:27:43 PM
Hey Fluffy I ahve a question...

My friend Joe Lawlor played in a band called Egypt in C-ville a while ago and he said that Tim used to walk around c-ville with an instrument in his hand and just play. Is this true? Or kind of? Was is just guitar or whatever he had handy?
I thought it was pretty interesting.

-Dave
Fluffy Posted - 06/26/2002 : 05:06:49 AM
Being a great father and husband, music, and playing guitar. Probably in that order, but I am only guessing. He does like hiking in the desert and on mountains, he also swims, beyond that I would say he is not very inclined toward sports. He does work out as you can tell by the excellent shape he is in. His workout consists of general exercising, he doesn't lift weights or anything. Although on one of the earlier tours I did with him he brought a couple of dumbells with him(and I am not talking about me and Rew, although we are dumbells and he brought us) but I have not seen those since that tour. He is a big walker. He loves to walk. He always takes a walk after dinner, before a show. He usually takes walks after the show as well, usually after we get back to the hotel. He is a walking fool. It is not uncommon for us to be driving around in the morning, before we leave a city, looking for a starbucks and TR is talking about how he walked down here and over there. He loves to walk.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000