Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Chaos View = Euphony

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dave S Posted - 05/06/2002 : 02:31:59 AM
There is no word to think of other than euphony that I can use to describe what I heard tonight at the Aladdin theatre. To all of you on the board who will be seeing the chaos view show: Be prepared to be awestruck. You should have seen him play guitar and synth at the same time. There was an absolutely beautiful version of Souls played on the guitar instead of sitar, but tim covered the sitar sound with the synth while he played....and it sounded 10x better than it does on Sanctuary.

The crowd could have been better, there were a few guys to my left who kept yelling for Stream, and screamed every time Tim played something fast...but they seemed to love everything that Tim played so I didn't really have a big problem with them except for the yelling. Hey at least they had a good time.

tim quote : "that song is called open up and let it in...it's about letting things into your intestines"

funny thing that I saw out of the corner of my eye...off to the side of the stage, I noticed Chris Arnold (opening act) leading two girls backstage...go Chris lol!!

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 09:42:46 AM
To my knowledge it was, I never actually talked to the taper myself, but the soundman had him fill out one of my sheets so after the tour, if it is not already waiting for me on my return, I will contact him and see if we can get a copy.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Baboonboy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 09:35:11 AM
Also...anyone know if the portland show was taped?

Peace.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Baboonboy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 09:34:42 AM
Yes... Portland was an amazing show. I sat in the 2nd row, and with the exception of the three tools in front of me, the night was amazing. I don't get why people think it neccesary to scream when Tim plays fast....save your applause for the end...thank you.

I've seen TR four times now..

'99 with TR3 in D.C.
'01 in Eugene and Portland
'02 Portland

and last night was by far the best. When Tim played Backdoor, I could picture Houston and Johnny up there jammin along...

The opener was pretty good, but I think all his songs were two chords..D and A.... he needs to mix it up a little...same basic song with different words, or at least thats what it sounded like to me.

Can't wait for the next tour!

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 08:52:16 AM
Main Entry: eu·pho·ny
Pronunciation: 'yü-f&-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -nies
Etymology: French euphonie, from Late Latin euphonia, from Greek euphOnia, from euphOnos sweet-voiced, musical, from eu- + phOnE voice —more at BAN
Date: circa 1616
1 : pleasing or sweet sound; especially : the acoustic effect produced by words so formed or combined as to please the ear
2 : a harmonious succession of words having a pleasing sound
- eu·phon·ic /yu-'fä-nik/ adjective
- eu·phon·i·cal·ly /-ni-k(&-)lE/ adverb

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 05/06/2002 : 08:51:29 AM
For the encore in Portland, TR started by picking up the acoustic and that evoked screams of Stream, to which TR responded by telling the crowd how much he hates that song. It was pretty funny!! He went on to rip it up on acoustic guitar and by the end of the acoustic encore I don't think anyone missed hearing Stream. Portland was another GREAT show!!! Very postitive!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 05/06/2002 : 03:10:36 AM
Thanks for the great review!! I've said this before but I'll say it again, EVERY REVIEW I READ, MAKES MY EXCITEMT GROW AND GROW!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000