Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Greg Howard in Southern CA and elsewhere

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 06:51:53 AM
Thought I would pass this along to everyone on the board. It is Greg Howards latest email list update. Looks like some So CA dates for those in the west. Support independant artists and check out Greg Howard.

LAST MILLER'S DATE (April 29)

After many years of semi-regular performances at Charlottesville's Miller's, I'll be playing my last show there for a while. Summer travels will make it impossible to be there with any consistency, so tomorrow night (Monday) will be the last one. Thanks to all the regulars who have come out to support these somewhat unusual performances. A lot of good things have come out of my years playing there (Over 200 performaces there since 1986) including Water on the Moon, some of the Code Magenta record, lot's of jams with John D'earth, Johnny Gilmore and Darrell Rose and formative Sticks and Stones shows with Tim Reynolds in the late '80s and early '90s.

Special thanks to all the staff there who have been so good about accommodating me and to Miller's original owner Steve Tharp, who never seemed to mind what we were doing, and whose attitude about the music at Miller's was always supportive and hands-off.

UPCOMING PERFORMANCES

4/29 Mon Charlottesville, VA - Miller's
5/23 Thu Los Angeles, CA - Molly Malone's
5/25 Sat Oceanside, CA - Stick Night at MiraCosta College with Emmett Chapman and Agent 22
6/01 Sat Roanoke, VA - Festival in the Park

MAY EVENTS (Southern California, England, Holland)

I'm heading to Cambridge, England to teach a Stick master class on May 7th. The number of Stick players in the UK is growing rapidly, and it's great to have an opportunity to visit, perform and teach. After that I'll be going to Holland to work on some things with the band.

In late May I'll be in Southern California for a couple of performances and to teach at the Southern California Stick Seminar in Oceanside.

Thanks to Dave Gore and Tom Griesgraber and Sonya Mastick for setting things up.

JUNE TOURING

If all goes according to plan I'll be on the road for much of June, first heading south to North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and home. A second tour will take me to the Northeast, where I'll be playing an outdoor dinner break set at NEARfest, which was a lot of fun last year. I should be out in the Midwest later in the summer. Thanks for coming out to shows. I realize that sometimes there's a little driving involved, but I can't play everywhere!

For more details please see: http://www.greghoward.com/events/

Ordering information for my CDs can be found at:

http://www.greghoward.com/merchandise

---------------
That's it for now. Thanks for supporting independent musicians!

Happy Listening,
Greg
http://www.greghoward.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SurferX Posted - 05/05/2002 : 05:58:05 AM
I will totally make my DAT recording available! I'll keep everyone posted. I might actually have access to a Digital 8 camera for that weekend. I just need to convince a couple of people to let me use it. If I get it, there will be mass video of Greg Howard.

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
AIM:SurferX72
KevinLesko Posted - 05/04/2002 : 6:23:44 PM
Yeah, I saw those dates in his original email and I'm pretty excited. Work and school permitting, I plan on going to that Oceanside Show.

SurferX Posted - 05/04/2002 : 2:09:51 PM
Hehe...Thanks for the copy there, Fluffy...Lisa got back to me about the HOB show next week. Hopefully, we can work something out!

Latez...

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com
Fluffy Posted - 05/04/2002 : 06:55:11 AM
SurferX wrote in another thread:
quote:
For all of y'all in SoCal...Greg will be playing at Molly Malone's on South Fairfax (in LA) on May 23rd. Too bad I'm out of school, or I'd bring along a nice new Canon XL-1 to tape him. I do, however, have a wonderful DAT recorder that is mine and is always with me whenever I go to concerts...

Oh yeah, and the Chapman Stick rules! I don't own one yet, but I know how to play one (a friend of mine's dad taught me). It's the bestest instrument in the whole wide world!

--Zak Winnick
surfscape@socal.rr.com

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000