Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Tim-Poll

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ccr152 Posted - 04/13/2002 : 6:02:02 PM
What is your all-time favorite Tim song? For example, the first tim song u heard that still makes your jaw drop til this day, or if you were introducing someone to tim, which song would you play to blow his mind? Let everyone know your favorite. Mine would probably be big blast of hot air. let's hear em.

37   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 08/18/2003 : 5:50:45 PM
Of course Stream was the first thing I heard but then I heard Protoplasm pulsar spasm and I still love that crazy stuff to this day.
Dickey500 Posted - 08/18/2003 : 4:25:08 PM
I'd have to say Jemez...that was the first TIM song I heard live, and it's just so damn nostalgic.
Arthen Posted - 08/18/2003 : 3:53:43 PM
Electric: Back Door or Time To Go.
Acoustic: Rheginos and the Resurrection, The Wayfarer (That slapping part rocks so much ass), and Los Alamos is Burning (the last part where he does the tremolo and the thumb picking, whoa.).
thomasode Posted - 08/18/2003 : 2:53:11 PM
really anything off of Light Up Ahead, I love that entire album. you got comin' after you and signs and bad side and all that good stuff. classic TR3
Ralph U Puke Posted - 08/18/2003 : 11:40:38 AM
"Signs" on 'Light UP Ahead.' It was the first TR3 LP I heard and I love the entire album. I think it should make the top 50 albums of all time in Rolling Stone's readers poll!
LoveToday Posted - 08/18/2003 : 08:19:00 AM
I love Electric but I think for this Q I will have to say Big Blast. It was the first song I heard by TIM and yeah.... jaw dropped.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/18/2003 : 02:05:37 AM
"Repeat the question"... I just think that it is the coolest way to end a concert with such a layering of sound.
Fluffy Posted - 08/17/2003 : 4:22:29 PM
An old thread on a similar vein:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1582
Jay Posted - 08/17/2003 : 3:48:34 PM
Still is Feelin' Dorks, but I also love Backdoor, Radar Contact, Entity, Kundalini, Gossip, and Try a Little Harder...come to think of it, I love all of them....
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 04/30/2002 : 6:33:24 PM
I may have replied already, I can't remember...

Anywho, like a lot of people, I don't have an "all-time favorite ... song." Or I do, but it changes. So "all-time" translates into "present time" more or less.

Right now, I really really love when Yak comes on. Don't know why. It's not my style really, but I just dig it. (I think that's on .. See into your soul, I can't remember offhand).

But a close second, also, is Big Blast Of Hot Air.

-What-
NeverKillADream Posted - 04/30/2002 : 5:54:50 PM

As for me, id have to say....
The solo improv parts of Stream from L@LC.
His solo on "Love of my Life".
and many more, but those to name a few...
-Joe

SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 04/30/2002 : 5:07:05 PM
I was actually looking for some feedback on those last ideas...

SeanDMB_Tim Posted - 04/25/2002 : 10:57:17 PM
It's not my all-time fave, but it is one of em..."After The Dust Settles".....its soo simple and i love it.

I KNOW it is not his best...like at all, but whenever I hear it I picture a kid trying to call a girl but he just cant. He'll pick up the phone, dial some numbers, and he'll have to hang up....he gets upset, tries a few more times and just leaves the room. Go listen to it and think that....its pretty cool. Someone should make a vieo like that....I've wanted to, but...

Another of my tops is "SMILE." It is the coolest song....where does he find those jazz chords man?!!! After reading the post about the music video its go tme thinkning. This song would make an amazing video. Like sepia and black and white shots of people just dying laughing....like old people, young kids, babies, retarded people, innocent people, jail people and then like shots of nature and stuff. SOmeone should do that too........I've wanted to but...

MC Posted - 04/15/2002 : 12:21:41 AM
Electric = Learn To Live

Acoustic = Big Blast (live versions after Tim got the DL4)

KICK ASS

"Turn it into love, man. Whatever's fucked up in the world, just turn it into love. Take in the bad and give out the good, otherwise we're all gonna die and go to hell." T.R.
Jamie M Posted - 04/14/2002 : 9:24:59 PM
quote:

02/14/99

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Wow, thanks alot man, I didn't expect an answer so quickly. I really want to get ahold of that show.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 9:16:10 PM
Ok then I must have heard it a bunch, but I've a nasty habit of not looking at the names to the songs, and when they're instrumental, it's often hard for me to remember their names.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/14/2002 : 9:14:47 PM
quote:

I don't know this song (Wishful Filling Jewel), dick mountjoy.

It's on the 2nd disc of Sanctuary, great song.

The one I heard that really made me realize that Tim had a gift for being able to move me with just guitar and no words whatsoever was There is no Judgment. Damn, I listened to that song like 100 times the first time I discovered it on Gossip...

Adam

Music is more than notes on a page

I'm trying to spell what only the wind can explain

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Erich with an h Posted - 04/14/2002 : 8:54:39 PM
02/14/99

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Jamie M Posted - 04/14/2002 : 8:52:46 PM
Breathing Space... This version I have from the 99 D&T tour, it's absolutely amazing. He plays Rheginos in the same show, maybe someone knows what show it is?

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/14/2002 : 8:28:17 PM
los alamos is def/. my second pic next to stream

Sarah Posted - 04/14/2002 : 5:57:15 PM
I have so many but I remember the first time I heard Los Alamos is burning I was completely BLOWN away.. Open Up is great I have some live dave shows where Timmy graced the audience with that one, feeling doors, hopeful heresy, and number three on gossip of the neurons. theres too many.

Sarah Q
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 4:25:07 PM
I'll take your recommendation on which ones to get... any way for me to download them rather than doing a b&p?
-J

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 3:30:01 PM
I don't know this song, dick mountjoy.

dick mountjoy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 3:22:42 PM
Wishful Filling Jewel without a doubt.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:48:42 PM
quote:

I would love to hear some old D&T stuff... let me know what you'de like to arrange!

AAh, I missed this the first time. We can do whatever you want. I have a 4 shows from 93, 2 from 94, 3 from 96, 7 from 97, and 24 from 99.
Of course, I'd recommend the ones from 93 or 94. Only one of those is less than an A+ (one or two even are A++, which means BETTER than Luther).

Erich with an h Posted - 04/14/2002 : 2:28:53 PM
Open Up and Let It In

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
Fluffy Posted - 04/14/2002 : 07:48:42 AM
Hey CCR152, Welcome aBOARD!! Here is a link to my answer for your question:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=656

This topic, as you can imagine has come up more than once during our short history. Here are links to 2 such topics with lots of answers. The rest of you may want to go back and read your answers from back then, see if your choices have changed or remained the same. Alot of really GREAT answers in there. Alot of diversity. Thats a good thing.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=24

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=760

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/14/2002 : 04:16:24 AM
I'd have to say Stream of Luther, and Turn it into Love. That track sounds awesome. Oh, dont forget Big Blast of Hot Air.

Saint Jude Posted - 04/14/2002 : 03:45:00 AM
And then they were free........ and then they were free......

hello this is deticated to all the non violent offenders in prison and hopefully some day they will be free.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
chatterballs Posted - 04/14/2002 : 03:31:13 AM
quote:
I would love to hear some old D&T stuff... let me know what you'de like to arrange!

Correction, silky, that's T&D.

And my favorite is Metamorphosis.

--------------------
I once saw a movie where this bus had to keep its SPEED above 50 and if its SPEED dropped, it would explode...I think it was called, the bus that couldn't slow down.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/14/2002 : 02:32:48 AM
quote:
Silky, I have some older T&D recordings, when they were still allowing DSBDs and whatnot. When he plays Stream on those, it is just simply bermoty (I had to make up a word, it's so good.) And if you'll recall, back in the early 90's, he was feeling Stream WAY more than he feels it now (even in 99), so he's way more into it. It's great to hear. He does a lot of improv (duh) but it's a lot of stuff that he doesn't do with the song anymore. The cocaine fury parts, sure, but then there's other parts that I'm not familiar with a name to. But just great great stuff. Maybe sometime you can hear them. I'd be glad to hit you with copies.

-J

pcbTIM Posted - 04/14/2002 : 01:31:47 AM
Los Alamos is Burning.

"Life is what you make of it, not what you take from it."
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 01:18:56 AM
quote:

Ditto... between that particular performance of the song and the beautiful tone that they recorded with that night that lets you hear everything so clearly... that floors me every time I hear it.
-J

Silky, I have some older T&D recordings, when they were still allowing DSBDs and whatnot. When he plays Stream on those, it is just simply bermoty (I had to make up a word, it's so good.) And if you'll recall, back in the early 90's, he was feeling Stream WAY more than he feels it now (even in 99), so he's way more into it. It's great to hear. He does a lot of improv (duh) but it's a lot of stuff that he doesn't do with the song anymore. The cocaine fury parts, sure, but then there's other parts that I'm not familiar with a name to. But just great great stuff. Maybe sometime you can hear them. I'd be glad to hit you with copies.

dan p. Posted - 04/13/2002 : 10:55:06 PM
i was at the northern lights show. great version of feeling doors.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Jay Posted - 04/13/2002 : 10:32:28 PM
Feelin' Doors! It would have to be either the SUNY Version or the northern lights version on the FTP, though.

Jay
My last name is confusing...It is Spelled Wiegand but is pronounced Weegend...another insult to the English language...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/13/2002 : 10:10:35 PM
quote:
classic stream off of live at luther, i know it's probably not his best song and all, but listening to that always makes my jaw hit the floor! also of course it's the first i heard of him solo playing.

Ditto... between that particular performance of the song and the beautiful tone that they recorded with that night that lets you hear everything so clearly... that floors me every time I hear it.
-J

victorwootenfan Posted - 04/13/2002 : 8:35:28 PM
classic stream off of live at luther, i know it's probably not his best song and all, but listening to that always makes my jaw hit the floor! also of course it's the first i heard of him solo playing.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000