Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Important Tim Question...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rubylith Posted - 02/03/2002 : 11:24:05 AM
hey I have been wondering this and probably the only people who could answer it would probably tim, or someone that knows him closely....

As far as song writing goes...

on some of his cds like Nomadic Wavelength, Stream, See Into Your Soul....when recorded did he have all the songs written and structured or did he improvise a lot or some of the stuff on there, if he did does anyone know exactly what he improvised, like parts of songs?

Im just curious, his type of jazz/classical is very complicated to structure, I have been creating the same type of vibe for my songs and I have about 23 or 24 songs that are incomplete. I was wondering if he was in teh same situation, and said "fuck it" and improved over a bunch of stuff, lol.

Someone please let me know....

quote:

"When I was younger," Reynolds said, "people would tell me to play a song, and I would say 'Fuck that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.' "

-Dave
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jamie M Posted - 02/03/2002 : 9:48:24 PM
quote:

To answer the second question first.....yes he did. He also changed Valley of Flowers to Flourescense. I think he also changed two others but I can't remember.

Yeah...
Bittersweet->Dissident, and
Protoplasm Pulsar Spasm(among other names)->Repeat the Question

pcbTIM Posted - 02/03/2002 : 5:42:03 PM
To answer the second question first.....yes he did. He also changed Valley of Flowers to Flourescense. I think he also changed two others but I can't remember.

For the second question...if you look at the tabs, you will see that some have like 5 parts and others only have 2, but both songs are the same length. My guess is that he just loves to improvise and is very good at it....so he puts it in whenever he wants. Also, he has been playing for 31 years, so he knows a hell of a lot more aboot the guitar than most anyone else.

"I do what I can with what I've got."
FeelingDoors Posted - 02/03/2002 : 2:39:29 PM
Yeah, on top of that, I was wondering why when played live, High in the west is called heaven is in the heart... did tim just change it for the album?

Still Strumming,
Will

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000