Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 TRelated Topics
 Does tim have long fingernails on his right hand?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 01/28/2002 : 6:34:38 PM
Or does he just use his fingertips.... fluf?

- Cresentfresh.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 01/30/2002 : 7:32:44 PM
EnthuTimsiast said:
quote:

I think it was in reference to the pick on which I now sit.

and then said:
quote:

When I find a good spot for it, I'll put it there.

Sounds like you already found a good spot!!

"I do what I can with what I've got."
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/30/2002 : 6:44:28 PM
quote:

Michael is correct, he keeps his fingernails trimmed and short. This may explain why he wears a pick out so fast. Picks are retired after 1 show. I think I mentioned this in another post, along time ago, in a galaxy far far away!!

Yes, Fluffy, I believe you did. I think it was in reference to the pick on which I now sit. I keep it with me at all times, for no realy reason except convenience. When I find a good spot for it, I'll put it there.

You know, I've never gotten the pictures I took at that show developed.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Saint Jude Posted - 01/30/2002 : 5:45:32 PM
Thats what i thought, my teacher for my clasical technique class said we have to grow ours out atleast to try it first. but i just hate having long ass nails.

- Cresentfresh.
Fluffy Posted - 01/30/2002 : 3:36:47 PM
Michael is correct, he keeps his fingernails trimmed and short. This may explain why he wears a pick out so fast. Picks are retired after 1 show. I think I mentioned this in another post, along time ago, in a galaxy far far away!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 01/29/2002 : 9:48:54 PM
That's good because I was tying my shoes and one of my nails got caught in the shoe and ripped it. I was pissed until I read this thread again.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/29/2002 : 7:04:09 PM
When I met him and shook his hand I don't remember him having particularly long nails... not like a lot of flamenco players do.
-J

Micheal Posted - 01/29/2002 : 3:35:17 PM
TIM has short nails.

mike151 Posted - 01/29/2002 : 02:05:11 AM
His tone on the treble stings is so bright at times it leads me to believe that he uses at least some nail.
Sarah Posted - 01/29/2002 : 12:54:27 AM
i allways wondered that too, i have those problems and i keep em short cause when i have a nasty little uneven one or something like that it gets caught on the string and pisses me off

Sarah Q
dick mountjoy Posted - 01/28/2002 : 11:17:49 PM
i have also debated this question and from my many many hours of trying to play tim's stuff.....my take is it is much easier to play fingerstyle with short nails simply because every once in a while if your nails are too long you can get a nasty ass pluck on a string and it sounds like shit. in fact i just cut mine after a shitty sounding rendition of 'open up let it in'

pcbTIM Posted - 01/28/2002 : 7:31:07 PM
I dunno, but I just started to grow them out on my right hand, and it's annoying as hell because I'm used to biting my nails.....I don't know how much longer I can hold out!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000