Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Taping / Trading / Recording
 Taping Help

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anthony1832 Posted - 06/28/2005 : 2:29:07 PM
I'm going to attend the Tim show on 7/11 in ann arbor, and Greg Howard is opening for Tim. I would like to tape the show, but I have no idea where to even begin with taping. Do I need equipment, or is the equipment there and i just need a tape? Any information would be nice, I have no idea how this works.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Zachmozach Posted - 07/02/2005 : 8:01:25 PM
Ya it kind of depends on your camcorder and where you're at in the crowd. It really depends on the crowd and your position. I've made a tape or two just using a camcorder that came out pretty good, but it did pick up the audience a little, but the audience was pretty respectful so it wasn't bad.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 07/01/2005 : 08:58:57 AM
If you're close enough to the PA probably, if you have a decent mic on your recording device. You'll probably get nailed with crowd chatter tho.
anthony1832 Posted - 07/01/2005 : 12:08:44 AM
You guys think i will get decent audio if i just tape it with a regular camcorder? no special junk.
Zachmozach Posted - 06/29/2005 : 10:19:09 PM
Ah I just did some looking around and found out it wasn't a post but there was a link to the site in the taping policy section of the site. http://btat.wagnerone.com/ That should help everyone out.
Zachmozach Posted - 06/29/2005 : 10:06:16 PM
I myself don't know, but that was one of the things that was covered in that article that was posted a while back. I'm not sure, but thought Fluffy posted it.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/29/2005 : 4:24:16 PM
What kind of plugs do soundboards usually have?
Zachmozach Posted - 06/29/2005 : 3:58:15 PM
If you show up and just ask a sound guy to tape it for you don't be surprised if you get bitch slapped!

It's not their job. Basically if you are looking to tape you better have your own equipment and bring mics. Tim allows soundboard patches, but it's up to the sound guy to let you. If you show up kinda early, and you wait around and don't get in the sound guys way and you have the right hookups and you ask him really nicely and perhaps offer to buy him/her a beer or something they might let you patch in with your own equipment. Now some sound people might already be taping in which case you find a time when they are not busy and perhaps see if you could find a way to get it. Or if you see someone taping you approach them before the show, but after they have setup or during a break when they are not busy and see if you can arrange someway to get it.

There was a great guide that I think Fluffy posted a long time ago about taping and the etiquette and such, but I couldn't find it. Just remember no one owes you anything and in all probibility it won't be recorded unless you choose to do it yourself. Do a google search about taping guides and etiquette though and it should inform you a little more on how you can do this.
Batstone Posted - 06/29/2005 : 11:00:07 AM
i think you should get the video... and send it to me ahaha
anthony1832 Posted - 06/29/2005 : 09:51:06 AM
So I can just ask the sound guy to tape the audio for me? cause thats all i really want is the audio.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 06/29/2005 : 08:17:09 AM
Get a camcorder or some shit, make sure the venue doesn't give a shit and tape away. Make sure sound guy records the damn thing for you...unlike that shithead at the Southpaw (4/30).

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000