Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Taping / Trading / Recording
 Please open BIT TORRENT D+T 3/29/03!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sciphish Posted - 04/01/2004 : 8:24:32 PM
Please open the file so i can get a better dl rate. Thanks very much.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stevedave28 Posted - 08/25/2004 : 11:26:32 AM
Is there anyone who can open up a file so I can download? Thanx.
stevedave28 Posted - 08/22/2004 : 5:01:19 PM
Could someone please open the thread to this please. I really would like to download it, thanks.
davebuck Posted - 06/14/2004 : 8:29:00 PM
sorry it reads:

rejected by tracker - torrent is not authorized for use on this tracker.

Please help.

david
davebuck Posted - 06/14/2004 : 8:27:06 PM

Group,

This is what I am getting when trying to download the Dave and Tim DVD.

rejected by tracker - Your IP is not registered to use this tracker for this file

"Probably the tracker is overloaded, so the owner decide to only allow certain IPs to use the tracker." --- this is what I found on the Internet.

Could you please allow me to resume download. Thanks

David
davebuck Posted - 06/07/2004 : 7:18:55 PM

Stopped at 23%. Please help.

Thanks,
Dave
thenatedog Posted - 06/04/2004 : 4:24:36 PM
80%... slow and steady
davebuck Posted - 06/04/2004 : 12:19:24 PM

Group,

Stuck on 20%, if anyone can open the torrent I would greatly apperciate it. I still have my window open.

David
thenatedog Posted - 05/31/2004 : 03:49:29 AM
thank you for clearing the torrent question up, and for reopening your torrent later... I did see that you posted the AVIs on the FTP... i got 50 mins of Disc 1, but the connection was tempermental and i thought the DVD might have better quality. The first 50 mins really whetted my appettite. Thank you for all your work on the FTP, I have certainly snagged my fair share of material off of it in the last few months.
prsmartin Posted - 05/30/2004 : 5:44:46 PM
The longer you wait while a torrent is open, the faster it will go. I will explain why:

When you download something (typically), the more people that download that same file, it becomes slower. This is how the internet works because there is one file, and multiple downloads. Everybody shares the bandwidth (transfer speed). Naturally, it gets slower. For example, if a server has a 100kb/s bandwidth, with 5 people downloading, they each download at 20kb/s.

With BitTorrent, speeds increase with more people. Downloads are sent out in random bits of the file (usually encrypted), and then everyone has a piece. If there are more people on a torrent, more and more random bits are sent out between people. Therefore, the speed increases.

So, the longer you are on a torrent download, the more people will be connecting. If there are more people connecting, eventually the speed will be much faster than you started with. The older a torrent is, the slower it is because there are less people on it. This is why everyone asks for people to re-open their torrent download windows. Once its open, more pieces of the file are sent out and the torrent speeds kicks up a couple notches.

I will re-open mine later so that we can get an increase on the torrent. BTW, I also put the dvd in the Tim Reynolds FTP, converted into avi format (the FTP info is in my signature, and on the homepage). You might want to check that out as well. I hope this clarified some of the BitTorrent confusion, and you understand what it is and how it works. Any more questions, let me know.
thenatedog Posted - 05/30/2004 : 3:32:15 PM
I am currently trying to DL this, if anyone can help. I don't know how torrent works, but i am getting 7 kib/sec and would like it to go a tad faster. Thank you all!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000