Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Taping / Trading / Recording
 How are show's recorded so well and traded???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 04/14/2002 : 7:24:41 PM
I've always been curious with how people can make some good bootlegs and trade them. For instance, My Bad Side, has a million bootlegs, and from what he says, all A+ or highter quality. Some, he says, are better than Luther College. I myself have heard a ton of great songs, it's like they were standing three feet in front of Dave and Tim. How do they do it????

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/15/2002 : 08:34:56 AM
A little light shed, well good. Any more questions, just ask. I'm a wealth of knowledge.

{=HTG=} Posted - 04/15/2002 : 02:11:18 AM
Thanks MBS. Sheds a lot of light on a topic I hardley knew about.

My_Bad_Side Posted - 04/14/2002 : 9:07:54 PM
On the early stuff (I think it's pre 95 or 95 and before)(as far as DMB and T&D), people were often (read: usually) allowed to plug directly into the soundboard. That's exactly what the people who produced Luther did. So basically what you have with the older dSBD (digital soundboards) is a copy of a show taped exactly like Luther, just not produced like it. For Luther and other shows like that, they often cut out the chatter (by Dave, I guess is what I'm saying). That makes the show shorter (down to two discs, which is a good thing).

On the newer stuff, people just do what LizK does. Stick a mic or two up and tape the show from wherever they can. That generally picks up a good deal of audience noise, but if that's the best you can get, then that's ok, usually (except when there's one person or two right under the mic screaming Halloween or Watchtower or whatever).

The other possibility of shows you might have would be IEM, which is In Ear Monitor. These have been outlawed (by DMB). They record everything that is said by the band (all of the band, yes) into their personal in ear monitors. So with that you get a great recording, less audience, and you get to hear what the members are saying. Often (and this is why it's not allowed anymore) the band talks about stuff they don't want everyone and their grandmother to know. So they don't allow that anymore. But you might notice it if you do have a show. People (maybe just me) frown on trading those shows.

Hope that helps.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000