Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Favorite types of strings???

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/02/2002 : 3:56:23 PM
My guitar instructor (A very cool 16 year old who's been playing for 2 years) Uses a diffrent set of strings to play. They sound great, but I forgot the name of 'em. There like 5 dollars a string, mabye 10, and have a great sound, but one of them popped, and he was pretty pissed. But anyway, what do you guys use out there? Me, the simple steel thats's been on my guitar, and a replacment (e).

24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/29/2002 : 9:15:56 PM
Nice guitar. . .huge ass cat.

rubylith Posted - 01/29/2002 : 11:31:34 AM
like I promised heres the leopard print fur double cutaway les paul.

my friend Andy from Earth To Andy(www.earthtoandy.com) gave it to me to borrow for a while, lol. Check out their site they are an amazing band. Also, has anyone ever heard of the band "Olivia Tremor Control"? They are soo good and I don't believe they have a website, but search for it on Kazza.com or something, it is definatly worth it.

If you wanna check out my fat cat check this out, lol:

-Dave
pcbTIM Posted - 01/27/2002 : 06:53:52 AM
You should have gone up and snapped it!!!

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/27/2002 : 01:30:51 AM
Well, her back was facing us. She couldnt have known that half of the lunch class was taking glances...and she didnt.

dan p. Posted - 01/26/2002 : 11:36:41 PM
dude, what's when you stare until she becomes obviously uncomfortable. then you point and laugh.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/26/2002 : 01:28:20 AM
Speaking of thongs, I was sitting at lunch with my friends, I look to the right, BAM! A thong! this girl had her panths pulled WAY down ,and her thong (BLACK AND WHITE!) was poppint out! HAHA, I got almost 20 people to see it.

{=HTG=} Posted - 01/26/2002 : 01:03:32 AM
From guitar strings to thongs. . .the journy of our posts.

rubylith Posted - 01/22/2002 : 5:53:51 PM
thong?
hell no
haha
well actually maybe

-Dave
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/21/2002 : 12:30:28 PM
Leopard print guitar... next thing you know you're posting pictures of your leather thong... you sick bastard you. :)
-J

rubylith Posted - 01/21/2002 : 10:06:05 AM
you havent ever had that problem? Weird, yea the white coating always would come off on my neck. I found the strings were too expensive and I rather have a set of D'Addarios, thats just my pref though. I gotta post this picture once I get it of this Les Paul I have, its cool as hell looking, all leopard print fur on it.
lol

-Dave
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/20/2002 : 7:02:25 PM
I'm not really sure what crud you're talking about from Elixir strings... I got that nasty shit on my old guitars before I ever bought a Taylor and discovered Elixir. I think it has to do more with skin/oil/rust more than the strings themselves.
-J

Jamie M Posted - 01/20/2002 : 4:02:53 PM
Yeah, somehow the coated D'addarios never get any shit on the fretboard, it's really amazing.

rubylith Posted - 01/20/2002 : 06:25:31 AM
Elixers sound pretty good but you can get that crud all off your fingers and neck. They can be a bitch to clean.

-Dave
skibum1981 Posted - 01/18/2002 : 8:23:33 PM
Definitely agree. Elixirs last longer. That's why they cost so much, and that's why they're coated. I use the polyweb Elixirs on my guitar.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/16/2002 : 6:18:16 PM
Nothing but Elixir touch my acoustic guitars anymore. I have to disagree with Jason though, I think they take MUCH longer to wear out, and don't go quite as dead when they do compared to other strings that don't have the "polyweb" or "nanoweb" coating that they put on. I find that D'Addario strings need to be changed MUCH more often... but they are a little brighter. Ultimately I think I spend less on Elixir because I don't feel I have to change strings every week.
-J

Marshall_Stacker Posted - 01/16/2002 : 3:45:16 PM
Elixir electrics are the greatest strings period!

dan p. Posted - 01/06/2002 : 10:43:13 PM
i got these strings. ernie ball makes them. i get all my strings for free. anyway, the bottom ones are out of proportion with the top ones. they're, like extra heavy. i like it.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Jamie M Posted - 01/03/2002 : 7:15:45 PM
D'addario Coated strings are great. Great sound and rarely go out of tune.

{=HTG=} Posted - 01/03/2002 : 02:02:46 AM
I'll think about getting some Elixer's myself, they sound great. But first, I think i'll get better at guitar, haha.

ddupree Posted - 01/02/2002 : 10:47:53 PM
ah, yes, i enjoy the elixer strings myself, but they tend to be too damn expense. so i usually stick to the d'addarrio (sp?) strings. and that's only because of what tim use's just kidding, they're good and they're cheap.

dusty

ddupree Posted - 01/02/2002 : 10:47:00 PM
ah, yes, i enjoy the elixer strings myself, but they tend to be too damn expense. so i usually stick to the d'addarrio (sp?) strings. and that's only because of what tim use's just kidding, they're good and they're cheap.

dusty

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/02/2002 : 6:47:45 PM
I use Elixir. I like them just fine. I'm not sure, but I think they might wear out a little faster than regular steel strings...or at least it is more obvious when they are worn out...

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/02/2002 : 6:34:53 PM
Elixer's, those are it. Thanks Dirty Sloth

dirtysloth Posted - 01/02/2002 : 5:49:01 PM
Could you be talking about Elixir?

I use D'Addario Phosphor Bronze .011 - .052 on my Chet and Fender Pure Nickel Wound Original 150's .009 - .042 on the Telecaster.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000