Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 technique

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Caedmanz Posted - 12/29/2001 : 9:42:41 PM
I was wondering how Tim does that thing found on the beginning of bartender (VH1 Version) and he's done it on like the stone and other things as well. But it's just seems like a long drawn out wah, but it's so smooth it seems he's using both volume and wah cause I can't hear the nasty pick sound.I know he's not using both, but...just wondering...

Cędmanz
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/01/2002 : 3:10:10 PM
The way I do that is to take the slide, and rub it back and forth around the 12th fret or so, pretty fast, It alsmost sounds like a bee buzzing or something, then with the Wah on, move it slowly from the toe up to toe down position, all of this going through a delay like the DD-5. I think Tim may even use the backwards delay for that. But he may just use the regular delay. Set the feedback at about 12 or 1 o clock, so it tapers off, or it will get waaay to muddy.

Just mess around with that. If I'm way off on what you're trying to do, i apologize, Any questions or anything feel free to email or IM me.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Caedmanz Posted - 12/30/2001 : 8:57:02 PM
Well I tried the pick thing and it didn't seem to work. It might just be my poor skill, but when you rub the string with the pick (like rubing it with the edge) it makes an even nastier pick sound, and if you were talking about the flat side of the pick... well no sound comes from that.

Cędmanz
Caedmanz Posted - 12/30/2001 : 1:26:18 PM
Yeah I'll have to go try it out, I did try some stuff with slide and it sounded like it was right but I need to try that pick thingy,
Thanks!

Cędmanz
Jay Posted - 12/29/2001 : 9:51:22 PM
i can get some sounds like that using a wah and a slide, by turning the pick so you rub the strings with the side of it...i dunno i suck at geetar...

Jay
Then I got to thinking, what makes you want to go?
To know the wHErefore & the Why.
SO many times now, oh I can't remember,
If it's September or July

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000