Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Drop-C Tuning

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcbTIM Posted - 12/07/2001 : 03:09:00 AM
I was wondering how you do this tuning. I wanted to learn how to play Try a Little Harder. I don't know if you'd be able to explain well enough, but any help would be appreciated.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Dave S Posted - 01/02/2002 : 1:13:03 PM
I don't see how that's the rule of fourths when you play an A on the C string, A is the 6th tone in a C scale...they call it rule of fourths and fifths because you play the 4th or 5th note in a scale i'm pretty sure. So for C we'll call it rule of the sixth =D

pcbTIM Posted - 12/07/2001 : 5:31:56 PM
sweet! it worked. thanks a lot you guys!

Jamie M Posted - 12/07/2001 : 5:18:02 PM
Hey pcb, it's really not hard, just do whatever you do when going to drop D and continue a full step. Dalin's got the easiest way I think.

Dalin Posted - 12/07/2001 : 5:02:32 PM
Obviously the best way is to use a tuner. If you tune by ear, use the rule of fourths. You know how you can tune the fifth string (A) by playing the 6th string (E) 5th fret (also A)? It's the same theory, but this time I take the 5th string and see when it sounds the same as the 6th string. By this I mean that to get a low C, you should be able to play the 6th string 9th fret and get the same A as you do on the 5th string. See, it's the rule of fourths (by pressing 6th string 5th fret tuned to an E, you get A, and by pressing 6th string 9th fret you get an A when the low string is tuned to C). I hope this helps. Actually, I just hope some of this makes sense.

pants_happy Posted - 12/07/2001 : 4:57:33 PM
just pluck and hold the 1st fret on the B string (and play the E open at the same time, along with the B string) and tune your low E down till they sound the same,(and tune with your right hand slowly) or use the 3rd fret on the A string. so it would be C-A-D-G-B-E from the top of the guitar to the bottom (sorry if i'm explaining too much, but i'm just trying to explain well enough)
hope this helps

pcbTIM Posted - 12/07/2001 : 4:29:40 PM
ok. but how do I do it?

Dalin Posted - 12/07/2001 : 12:24:46 PM
Just tune your low E string down to a C (It is two steps below your standard tuning). The rest of the strings stay the same.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000