Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 R.I.P. Guitar Boards

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
guitarisPIMP Posted - 06/12/2006 : 3:28:04 PM
Does anyone else find it ironic that the guitar section of the boards is completely devoid of activity on a TR Board??
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/29/2006 : 02:39:21 AM
thank you
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 06/27/2006 : 10:15:09 AM
I don't think most non-TR stuff is of interest to the board's players, but fire away.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/25/2006 : 03:41:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Ranting Thespian

I'll be happy to post, if I can post non TR stuff.

guitarisPIMP Posted - 06/23/2006 : 7:31:06 PM
ahaha i've contributed before, and what fleeting effort I made was of little use to the boards. I'm no good at transcribing stuff like Tim's yet.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/22/2006 : 12:31:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

. . . Although, it'd be nice to see people just adding to the thread instead of just bitching about other people not adding . . .

I'll be happy to post, if I can post non TR stuff.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 06/19/2006 : 07:43:56 AM
I have worked out a bunch of Tim's new stuff, it is just I am busy as hell and sitting down to type out a tab during my little spare time seems silly right now. I'll def have some stuff down the road.

Although, it'd be nice to see people just adding to the thread instead of just bitching about other people not adding. Dumbasses.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/19/2006 : 02:21:38 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

As for Guitar setup related stuff, it's pretty much all be talked about in regards to Tim's rig. If people have a question about gear in general, it ends up on the Friends section . . .

I mean no offense, but that might be why this section has very little (if none) activity.

I mean if that's all that's going to be going on here, I most likely am not going to post here at all. I don't play like Tim and don't have that as a goal (I try to create my own sound. No offense to Tim, I love the guy, but I don't want to be a Tim copy cat). I am also just not talented enough to reproduce Tim's sounds and get close enough to understanding the improv in the music to do it myself.

My thought is to allow more general topics on guitar, tabs, and effects to bring more activity to this area.
Arthen Posted - 06/19/2006 : 02:04:36 AM
As for Guitar setup related stuff, it's pretty much all be talked about in regards to Tim's rig. If people have a question about gear in general, it ends up on the Friends section.

For tabs, there's a whole vein of stuff from Parallel Universe that no one has even gotten into. Hell, there's still tons from the TR3/Chaos View stuff and the new covers that TR's been playing.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/18/2006 : 9:56:42 PM
I'm just new, and can only play To Touch Yearning, so I can't really talk about Tim songs too much.

But to get things rolling, I am going to start posting threads to try to liven this place up :) .
guitarisPIMP Posted - 06/15/2006 : 12:16:04 PM
yeah im drooling for that release.
Batstone Posted - 06/14/2006 : 12:16:00 AM
yeah bassicly the same as me. Cant wait for tims new release when it comes. Has there been any info aobut it recently? id love ot hear a track list or sumthing. What are some songs that could possible be included on an all acoustic CD provided he does not sing?
JTR Posted - 06/13/2006 : 11:58:41 PM
I think one of the reasons the guitar/tabbing board is slow is the lack of new TR acoustic songs on an album. We have a few new ones out there, but I'd bet most people are kind of waiting to hear the new songs in their final/perfected form on the new album (if a TR song can ever be considered final, or perfect, etc) before they take a crack at learning them. I know that's my current situation. I loved Parallel Universe, but I can't really motivate myself to learn how to play some of those songs AND figure out how to program my drum machine to replicate his (which tends to be particularly frustrating since I tend to be a perfectionist with the drum machine). I'd guess if the boards existed during the gap around the Puke Matrix/Sanctuary era there would have been a similar type of lull. I'd imagine with the new acoustic album there will be a bit of a revival around here. Until then, I'm just going to camp out and see what happens.
Batstone Posted - 06/13/2006 : 11:04:36 PM
hey, i too check the baords here once a day. Not much new. I think fluffy needs ot get Tim posting here. Im sure he can find time at least once a week to take 5 min and post on his forum really. Im sure that would speed things up. anyway i bleive in revival so yeah....
Kevin Posted - 06/13/2006 : 3:15:57 PM
Hey I check this board usually once a day, so if there's a tab up I'll definately try it out and get back to the tabber. I'm just barely good enough to figure out the basics of Tim's songs, so I can't really help contribute tabs, but I love learning his stuff and helping a tabber.
Fluffy Posted - 06/13/2006 : 2:05:45 PM
To my knowledge Silky the Pimp is still updating the tablature section of TR's board so any new tablature you have should be posted if you would like it added to the tablature section. It is true that it is the slowest moving forum on the message board. Maybe it has something to do with most of the regulars visit but don't post and new folks seem to be driven away by unusually harsh responses to their first posts. Just an idea.
chris Posted - 06/13/2006 : 08:50:49 AM
perhaps it is not irony, but instead evidence that his fans do not care to pursue any ability to learn/play any other songs.
i myself have stopped caring to post the occasional tabs that are never played/replied. i would rather just continue to play them on my own and try to learn new ones.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000