Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 strings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
byrdman16 Posted - 05/23/2006 : 8:16:23 PM
i was wondering if anyone knew what kind of strings TR likes to use on his martin 6-string.
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kenneth Posted - 06/15/2006 : 2:07:32 PM
I love Elixirs. I've tried several different kinds but those are my favorites for now. They sound great and last a lot longer.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/08/2006 : 7:58:28 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish

I had always thought that...
Interesting, is it any coincidence that that is what I do? HAHA

anyways back to the DR strings... They ARE great! So I really suggest picking up a set to try. Really. Thanks Thespian for the advice.

Just helping my fellow musicians .
sciphish Posted - 06/08/2006 : 03:14:42 AM
I had always thought that...
Interesting, is it any coincidence that that is what I do? HAHA

anyways back to the DR strings... They ARE great! So I really suggest picking up a set to try. Really. Thanks Thespian for the advice.
Fluffy Posted - 06/07/2006 : 7:49:26 PM
TR says the set type is J16 (12-56 customized with a lower bass string) Hope this helps! PEACE
Ranting Thespian Posted - 06/04/2006 : 10:03:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish . . . I have K&K installed on my guitar. Which by the way is by far the best pickup IMHO.

Well, I own two GREAT acoustic pickups . . . they are two attached to the side of my head ;) . I think Rembrant has some on sale on e-bay, custom made.
sciphish Posted - 06/03/2006 : 6:27:08 PM
Well they didn't have the gauge set exactly as I like it(look at older post) but like I said I'll give them a whirl. IT's interesting though, since the have a set called zebras. I think that may be cool. Though I dunno if my guitar is even suited for it. I have K&K installed on my guitar. Which by the way is by far the best pickup IMHO.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 05/31/2006 : 9:41:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish

I just picked up some DR's, so hopefully there good. I'm sure they are... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.

trust me, you'll like them ;) . (you know they are hand made)
sciphish Posted - 05/31/2006 : 3:17:56 PM
I just picked up some DR's, so hopefully there good. I'm sure they are... I guess I'll just have to wait and see.
dan p. Posted - 05/30/2006 : 8:24:49 PM
i break g strings all the time. espeically at the club.

in all seriousness, whether i use a pick or not, i can't even remember the last time i broke a string.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 05/29/2006 : 11:51:29 PM
play with no picks and almost never break a string
sciphish Posted - 05/29/2006 : 8:06:29 PM
If I may comment... The Elixir med/light gauge is quite nice. I like having thicker gauge bass strings and lighter treble, beacuse I feel it evens the sound out and is more true. As far as breaking strings, well if I didn't break my g-string all the time, I wouldn't sound like sucha goon. But it happens.
byrdman16 Posted - 05/26/2006 : 4:38:35 PM
i think that the elixir bronze phosphor lights are my favorite when it comes to sound, but i tend to break elixir strings. so ive recently been playin with d'addario xp extra lights. although they don't sound as crisp as the elixirs, they can take a beating, and they're easier to bend.
dan p. Posted - 05/25/2006 : 8:39:00 PM
yeah, dr gives you a nice fat tone. that's something i look for in a classical. i used to go for a brighter tone because when i was in a band, i needed something to be able to cut through an electric and a bass. for an electric, though, like top heavy strings. disproportionatly thick lower 3 strings, and light upper 3.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 05/24/2006 : 11:08:10 PM
<=== doesn't like d'addario or elixer

I use mainly DR strings for electric and acoustic. I think it gives it a bigger tone rather than a brighter tone like d'addario or elixer. I think they last longer too. Plus, they are hand made, and you can tell that there is a lot of quality and work put into them. They are only about 7 bucks at my local music store.
Arthen Posted - 05/24/2006 : 7:51:00 PM
Elixirs! Lights for me, typically polyweb.
dan p. Posted - 05/24/2006 : 6:36:56 PM
elixirs are good. i get strings pretty much for free, so that's what i use.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 05/24/2006 : 08:46:48 AM
I am pretty sure he uses D'Addario Light Phosphor Bronze. How, I have no idea; I am an Elixir guy.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000