Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 solo/outro

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hum lae Posted - 01/31/2006 : 6:40:00 PM
hey is there anyone out there that has the solo and outro to crush off storytellers by tim reynolds if so can you email it to me at michelleprout@optusnet.com it would be much appreciated.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitfiddler Posted - 02/22/2006 : 9:09:48 PM
I found it . Thanks!
dan p. Posted - 02/22/2006 : 12:47:01 PM
i agree with skyline. it's one thing to just play it note for note. that's great and everything, but you learn nothing from it. if you examine it and study it, you understand it. you "know" it. knowing the notes isn't knowing a piece of music. you can sound out words you don't understand, but you still don't know what they mean.

the consequence, which has been seen again and again, is mimickry. that's not bad on some levels, but you don't grow as an artist that way. what ends up happening is you get guitarists that sound just like other guitarists so much that it's impossible to tell who's playing. learning the notes but not the song creates fratboy guitarists who know john mayer and jack johnson songs and write exactly like them. it creates metal bands who all sound like just metallica or tool (i'm not putting them in the same category, or shitting on tool so don't get your panties in a twist.) it's ok to take a page out of any of these people's books, but there's a point where you no longer are creating on your own.
mlb1399 Posted - 02/22/2006 : 10:27:27 AM
If you are talking about the show from 2-6-99 then their are 2 Tim Reynold's songs on that show: Chatterbox and To Touch Yearning.
guitfiddler Posted - 02/22/2006 : 05:37:00 AM
I have a Tim song here that I can't figure it out. I don't even know the name of it, and I can not post attachments here. Can I send it via email to someone to see if they can figure it out, or at least tell me the name of it? It is driving me insane. It is from a Tim and Dave show in 1999 at Jorgenson Auditorium in CT. None of the Dave nerds know what it is. If I can get the okay, I will send it.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 02/11/2006 : 1:21:49 PM
Amen, man. I love so many different kinds of music so much, it's so hard to pick a guitar up and be original after only 3 and a half years with all of these great tunes floating around. I figure once I have assimilated (Borg style, AHAHHAHA) all these tunes to my playing, the creativity will come, not that I am completely unoriginal, but my influences are very apparent in my playing right now.
Jamie M Posted - 02/10/2006 : 4:39:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by skyline

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

There's a whole thread of TR's parts? I don't get that myself, just jam out your own parts.

A lot of people don't have the ability to do that when they first start playing. As a guitar teacher, I feel that having these things laid out can be very beneficial if used correctly. Just to copy them and play them note for note is not very useful (just like painting by #s or a parrot learning to mimic someone). But, if you take the parts and study them...take the time to break them down and see where they go and why...then you're on your way.

Absolutely... When you're learning to play, any time spent with a guitar is good. Though I'd argue it's still useful even if you're following note for note.
I remember when I was first learning, I made up my own tabs for Tim's solos for Typical Situation and #41. Took bloody forever, and they weren't by any means perfect. But to say it was a waste of time would be incredibly ignorant. I learned new ways of playing the guitar by trying to imitate sounds, and the fast parts were a fingering exercise in themselves. Not to mention it gave me an introduction to tabbing songs. And I found playing along with someone as amazing as Tim was a huge confidence booster.
Learning to solo is tough. I hate when people on this board make it seem like you're an idiot if you're not original.
skyline Posted - 02/03/2006 : 3:19:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

There's a whole thread of TR's parts? I don't get that myself, just jam out your own parts.

A lot of people don't have the ability to do that when they first start playing. As a guitar teacher, I feel that having these things laid out can be very beneficial if used correctly. Just to copy them and play them note for note is not very useful (just like painting by #s or a parrot learning to mimic someone). But, if you take the parts and study them...take the time to break them down and see where they go and why...then you're on your way.
Arthen Posted - 02/03/2006 : 2:57:54 PM
Batstone Posted - 02/01/2006 : 5:54:45 PM
http://www.dmbtabs.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=15350

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000