Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bakun214 Posted - 01/03/2006 : 4:11:26 PM
I notice in many live songs..Tim speeds up and slows down his loops with a turn of a knob. Uhm, just wondering..how does he do this? I have a Boss DD-6 and a Line 6 DL-4, I thought he used those to do it..I can't figure it out though.

Please let me know, thanks.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitarisPIMP Posted - 01/04/2006 : 4:05:23 PM
It has to do with the actual recomputing of the delay time in the DD-5 and the DD-6. They're both different, as the DD-6 wasn't designed to have the delay time changed while still holding the data within its repeat interval intact. That's why if you try it on the DD-6, you get kind of a warping sound like your delay loop got hit with a rubber hammer and went to the twilight zone and ate a fucked-up-muffin.
Bakun214 Posted - 01/03/2006 : 7:59:29 PM
Yeah, I can do that with the dd-6. When Tim does it, he can return it to the original sound and original pitch. When you do the feedback thing and mess with the D.Time, you can't get back to the first tone, it's all crazy sounding. You know what I'm talking about?
Kenneth Posted - 01/03/2006 : 5:40:37 PM
I believe with the DD-5 if you turn the F.Back knob all the way to the right (max) then it will keep repeating whatever you play. Therefore when you start turning the Delay knob up or down you get that sound you're talking about; slow or fast. But I may be wrong. It's been a while since I messed around with it. I may go home and fiddle with it tonight.
Bakun214 Posted - 01/03/2006 : 5:30:08 PM
Thanks guys. Matt, thats what I do too. I thought you could do it with the loop also, maybe I'm wrong. If anybody finds anything else out, let me know.

Thanks again.
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 01/03/2006 : 5:21:51 PM
I can do that with my DL4 but only for the delay, not the loop. If you set up a big delay and turn the control knob so that the delaying repeated pattern is of sufficient volume, it will keep going and you'll have time to reach down and change the timing of it, effectively screwing up the listener's experience and providing a spaced-out aural attack.

wow, I had a lot of verbs in that sentence.
Kenneth Posted - 01/03/2006 : 5:01:11 PM
I believe he uses his Boss DD-5. I have one of those and can get that sound by turning the delay time knob. Here is the link to the boss dd-5.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Boss/DD_5_Digital_Delay-01.html

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000