Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 So, I'm a punk. For two reasons.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AGirlNamedPsycho Posted - 09/06/2005 : 4:56:53 PM
First reason: I never visit the board anymore. Because of this (and because being in two bands makes you a busy fik) I have had no time for transcribing TR tabs, or anyone else's for that matter. "Bad Luke David, stop having a life." I know I know.
Second reason: You know what I realized after playing for 8 years? I have no warmup routine. I'm getting to the point where my self-taught technique is getting in the way of my expression and I know I can deal with it, if I get some kind of solid warmup down. It's especially obvious when I reach for chromatic licks... they seem like they'd be no biggie but they stump my left hand every time. Who here can help me with this problem?
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 09/09/2005 : 07:55:11 AM
I'm-a buying it now.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/07/2005 : 4:18:58 PM
Hell yes, and electric. It's just an exercise book that basically kicks your ass like no other. It was just written by a nylon guy, and no that's not a code name for a transvestite.
Arthen Posted - 09/06/2005 : 11:39:38 PM
So you would suggest Pumping Nylon even for regular acoustic?
dan p. Posted - 09/06/2005 : 10:25:20 PM
pumping nylon is the most powerful tome of bardcraft i have ever been in possession of.
Zachmozach Posted - 09/06/2005 : 9:43:34 PM
Just go grab a book by the name of pumping nylon which is essentially for classical guitar. It will kick your ass.
guitarisPIMP Posted - 09/06/2005 : 7:17:25 PM
Just exercises man. You really don't even have to be creative. I'm sure most of us here can think of one or two licks or things on the guitar they simply can't do 100% clean. My advice is to use those as part of your warm-up. For me, I find my pinky is my main fault, so practice routines involving that mostly.

Just practice any pattern you feel gives you a work-out. The main thing you need to know though is to practice it on EVERY STRING/EVERY FRET. There's no use only doing it in one area unless frets 15 and up are forbidden from your religion or something...

My personal favorites are:
e|-5-7-8-7--6-8-9-8--etc-etc--|

e|-5-6-7-8-7-6-5----|
b|-5-6-7-8-7-6-5-etc-etc--|

and octave exercises, those are fucking badass. take any lick/pattern, then try and play it an octave higher or lower. It can get pretty hairy sometimes, especially when you cross the b string or you are forced to go up the high e string to finish it. Yikes...

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000