Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 What Would You Say Solo (Live at Luther College)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robdogg2k Posted - 04/14/2005 : 6:15:56 PM
Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone knows exactly how to play the insane Timmy riff that he plays at 3:06 in the Live @ Luther College version of What Would You Say. He plays it ridiculousy fast, completeing the riff in under 2 seconds, it ends just before 3:08. I have the oficial songbook for Live @ Luther, and it says that he hits 27 different notes covering 5 different strings in that under 2 second time period. However, I find that impossible. Does anyone know how to really play the riff? Any responding posts/e-mails, etc. would be great. Thanks a ton,
Rob
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
vjaukovic Posted - 05/14/2005 : 3:44:23 PM
Thanks a lot man, I appreciate your help....I'll check out those links.

Vaso
anthony1832 Posted - 05/13/2005 : 10:18:18 PM
There is a tab posted on this website if you go to the home page and click on the music tab then tablature. Or use this link http://timreynolds.com/tablature/viewTab.aspx?tabID=26. Since your new to tim's music you gotta understand that tab may be a lot different then what he plays at luther college, he constantly changes his improv sections. If you want the note for note tab of that specific version of the song go to www.amazon.com, and search for Luther College under books, and you will find it. Or try this link http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/157560275X/qid=1116037127/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/002-4203085-9572067?v=glance&s=books.
vjaukovic Posted - 05/13/2005 : 10:11:12 PM
Hey,
I am pretty knew on this website...I am from Montenegro (Europe) and I just found out recently about Tim Reynolds...I got the CD "live at Luther College...and I was wondering if you guys know where could I get the tablature for the famous riff ("STREAM")? I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
robdogg2k Posted - 04/14/2005 : 11:38:54 PM
Alright guys, thank you a ton for the help, please keep posting if you'd like.
anthony1832 Posted - 04/14/2005 : 11:15:43 PM
oh ya, and in the video he used his index, middle and ring finger, but he was on an electric guitar, and higher up on the fretboard, so it might not work for wwys solo.
anthony1832 Posted - 04/14/2005 : 11:13:23 PM
Tim does not use a pedal to get his speed. Ive watched the video closely, and he uses no special picking techniques, he just goes really fast. But you gotta remember, tim has 30+ years of playing experience, you cant just pick up a guitar and 3 years later be able to pick as fast as him. The only tip i can think of is just to play it over and over again. Just make sure you are synchronizing your picking with your finger movements, or else you will get into a bad habit of not picking at the same time you move your fingers, and you will sound messy. I am trying to do the same thing right now, ive gotten better over the past few weeks, but i think it will be a while before i can do that riff.
dan p. Posted - 04/14/2005 : 9:04:22 PM
tips for playing as fast as that: practice. make sure, though, when you get that fast, you're playing cleanly. if you're playing fast and it's indistinguishable, there's really not point.
robdogg2k Posted - 04/14/2005 : 8:25:32 PM
Does Timmy actually use the delay pedal on stage when he plays that riff? Any tips for on how I can play it as fast as he does? Was there anything special that he did when you saw him do it? (Use Special picks, etc.) Do you remember how he played it (what fingers he used) any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
anthony1832 Posted - 04/14/2005 : 7:41:14 PM
Sorry to say, thats how he plays it, ive seen him do it. I have a Line 6 delay pedal, and if i record that riff then play it at double speed u can tell thats what it is. If you can find the video of tim's solo for jimi thing at chicago, there is a part when he plays rediculously fast and he is doing the same thing, u can see it. He uses that riff a lot when playing with the band i noticed. I think i also hear it in his solo for trippin billies at luther college.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000