Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 tuning for "messenger?"

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dan p. Posted - 12/11/2004 : 12:36:55 PM
what's the deal with the tuning for messenger? is it a 12 string tuned in some kind of 7th?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kevin Posted - 12/12/2004 : 09:06:24 AM
Tim's a fuckin genius if he did that and pulled it off so well I'm interested to know if that is in fact what he does...
Arthen Posted - 12/12/2004 : 01:41:49 AM
It would be really cool if it was alternately tuned. That'd be a first for Tim, at least as far as I have heard of.
dan p. Posted - 12/11/2004 : 5:53:35 PM
it sounds like the e, a, d, and their respective octave strings are tuned like e/f# a/b d/e or something. it moves too fast for my somewhat (severely) lacking aural skills to be able to tell.
JTR Posted - 12/11/2004 : 2:05:37 PM
Yeah, it's weird, I just tried to figure out the first few notes, and it's some kind of slide from a F to a F# (on my 12-string down half a step which I'm assuming TR was doing as well), and it's just damn confusing what the hell is going on. I can't tell if the octaves are just from the high and low pairs on the 12... It seems something like this:

---------------
---------7/8---
---0-----------
-----4/5-------
---------------
---------------

...but I have no confidence in that. It's never a good sign when you have no idea what's going on within the first 2 seconds of a song.
JTR Posted - 12/11/2004 : 1:15:35 PM
I'll give it a quick look here later, I've been meaning to examine it more closely. But strangely, I have a feeling I won't be able to get anything helpful down.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000