Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 michael hedges, don alder, all those weridos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JoeGamo05 Posted - 10/25/2004 : 10:40:10 PM
yea so um, how od they do it? lol those sounds are so bleepin frustrating to learn... don alder has a vid out there of him playing and does some crazy stuff anyone care to help me out here?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 11/13/2004 : 2:24:49 PM
i think there's another thread on pinch harmonics. although the technical name is "the metal squeal"
JoeGamo05 Posted - 11/13/2004 : 09:33:59 AM
how do u do pinch harmonics?
JemezFoodPeople Posted - 10/27/2004 : 7:54:59 PM
you just have to realize that the notes on the guitar aren't necessarily played by "left hand finger holds down string here, right hand finger plucks string to make it move..." In order to hear a sound from the guitar, a string has to be vibrating.. it has to be stopped at some point, whether it is by the left hand or right hand. It also operates under the principles of harmonic nodes ( think about harmonics, pinch or toherwise- they both are really the saem thing). You guys know all this already, it just takes a little experimentation and open-mindedness.

I play that kinda stuff all the time and people say holy sh*t, that looks sooo hard... but it really isn't. It's just doing an equally difficult separate action on the same instrument you were playing before.
Arthen Posted - 10/25/2004 : 10:45:04 PM
Tim's got aliens. Maybe they have magic.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000