Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Electronic setup?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kevin Posted - 10/17/2004 : 11:03:22 PM
Hey guys...I am a huge DMB fan, and heard of Tim's stuff from the acoustic tours he did with Dave. Anyways, I'm looking to buy one or two pedals soon, and had a few questions as to what Timmy uses. I've read he only used a Boss pedal (plus a volume) on the Dave and Tim tours, but I wasn't sure if that was the RC or the DD model. I'm more concerned about having a good looping station than a delay pedal, but if I could find a looper with good delay options, I'd be a very happy man :) So, if you guys have any suggestions as to a pedal that would suit me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Kevin
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/19/2004 : 3:26:20 PM
DD-20 Giga Delay.

Adam
Kevin Posted - 10/18/2004 : 11:16:34 PM
Hmm..OK thanks guys! I'm heading down to teh GC tomorrow to try out the Line 6. I tried to RC20 and thought it was OK. I liked the looping, but I'd love some awesome delay stuff. Thanks for the advice everyone!
Zachmozach Posted - 10/18/2004 : 8:59:29 PM
I have the Line 6 and it works great. Really that and a volume pedal is all you need for Tim's basic acoustic setup. DD-6's are great too but you get a lot more loop time with the Line 6 and tons of delay stuff.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/18/2004 : 08:19:03 AM
Kevin, as a middle ground between the 5 seconds of looping on the DD-5 and the 5 minutes of looping of the RC-20, you might consider looking at the Line 6 DL-4. It can loop up to 28 seconds and has a ton of very well done delay effects.
JTR Posted - 10/18/2004 : 01:07:04 AM
DD-6 would be a good place to start, I would say. You get a taste of looping ability with a very dynamic delay pedal. My first pedal was a DD-5, so I'd go the Boss route it I were you. I can't say exactly what makes a DD-6 better than a DD-5, but since the DD-5 is largely out of production, you're options between the two are somewhat limited. Have fun.
Kevin Posted - 10/18/2004 : 12:17:58 AM
I think I might just hang around for a while; yall seem like a nice crowd :D Thanks again for welcoming me!
Arthen Posted - 10/18/2004 : 12:03:20 AM
I think Dave calls Tim "Timmy" is because they have the familiarity of being good friends for a period of about fifteen years.

Hope you stick around and add to the board Kevin, go hang out in the depths of the "friends..." forum.
Kevin Posted - 10/17/2004 : 11:35:40 PM
Alright...thanks! I definitely wanna experiment with some weird delay stuff, but my main goal is to get a good looper. Anyone own an RC-20 that could give a quick review?

LoL, sorry. I just assumed that because Dave always calls Tim "Timmy," that that is what he would prefer to be called.

Thanks again for your help :)
Arthen Posted - 10/17/2004 : 11:25:11 PM
The DD-5 (or 6) is mainly for delaying with small looping.

For massive looping check out the Boss RC-20 (I believe?) a couple of the board members have it. I think it has a five minute loop.

Good luck picking that up.

And one last thing, we prefer to call Tim, Tim, not Timmy.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000