Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Technical question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rdj218 Posted - 05/20/2004 : 2:04:58 PM
Has anyone here ever played with another musician online?...How fun would it be to have a jam-room, like a chat room, but you can hang out and play music. Does anyone know if this is even possible
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
guitarted Posted - 08/26/2004 : 09:25:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Macht

the day I get a mic, that's the day the friggin yahoo music channel stops playing their bad guitars, and be in awe of me ;)

I bought a $10(USD) Mic off of eBay and hooked it up to all my effects. (Volume,Wah, Super Shifter <-SO FUN, delay).

I could sound like a chipmunk or darth vader, it was awesome. me n my friend would get fucked up and dick around with the mic and pedals.

It broke within a week though...

Best damn week of my life though...
guitarisPIMP Posted - 08/25/2004 : 9:07:53 PM
that would be awesome to jam with someone else as good or better than me. there are not real dedicated or decent players around me that i know, i guess mostly because im only 16, but it would still be fun to jam with someone who's miles away. Come to think of it, i'm pretty capable to doing that right now..
Macht Posted - 06/28/2004 : 12:52:35 PM
the day I get a mic, that's the day the friggin yahoo music channel stops playing their bad guitars, and be in awe of me ;)
rdj218 Posted - 06/28/2004 : 12:22:52 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JoeGamo05

hey if anyone wants to try and jam on AIM just im me OARguitarDmb... don't bash me for the sn ;) lol i can play some tim stuff but i usually try to play jazz improv

That would be fun...for me. Based on these comments though I'm gathering that it super sucks to play with a beginner. I made good sounding music(what I mean is that it did'nt super, suck) like a month ago with my friend (who's an amazing player) for the first time in my life-- it was better than smkn herb for the 1st time!!! I'm sure it sounded good because he was good enough to move me along! Anyway, since then I've been longing to TRY and jam with another player. I don't really know any songs but I do know how to play some blues and mix around chords and scales. ...so if anyone wants to jam on YIM with a newbi, lol, you can IM me at reesacreations.
JoeGamo05 Posted - 06/28/2004 : 12:29:26 AM
hey if anyone wants to try and jam on AIM just im me OARguitarDmb... don't bash me for the sn ;) lol i can play some tim stuff but i usually try to play jazz improv
Arthen Posted - 06/26/2004 : 03:10:43 AM
Hey! Those four chords that Nirvana used are awesome!
Macht Posted - 06/26/2004 : 12:47:22 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

i don't like the idea. i'm going on the assumption that most of the people in these "rooms" are going to playing awful nirvana or whatever songs. why spread the filth? the amount of good players, which i can assume are almost all the guitar players on the board, to the amount of abject awfulness of the others would be absurd and inevitably aggravating.

pure poetry
dan p. Posted - 06/25/2004 : 9:29:07 PM
i don't like the idea. i'm going on the assumption that most of the people in these "rooms" are going to playing awful nirvana or whatever songs. why spread the filth? the amount of good players, which i can assume are almost all the guitar players on the board, to the amount of abject awfulness of the others would be absurd and inevitably aggravating.
rubylith Posted - 06/16/2004 : 10:53:10 AM
haha
guitarted Posted - 06/16/2004 : 10:42:50 AM
Imagine you made a great friend online through always jammin with them on yahoo. Then one day you find out that they are just a big phony. Everytime you jam they just turn on the "auto play" on their keyboard.

So much for that attractive 18 year old girl who loved to jam
rubylith Posted - 05/21/2004 : 10:01:51 AM
haha
yea I sometimes forget about "those" people..
quote:
Only thing is you shouldn't jam with people you don't know. don't know their styles and vice versa.

I love that quote, especially the vise versa, lol...

yea it is a good idea, but in reality it probably is not a good idea. I couldn't handle an overwhelming swell of half assed green day songs digitally transposed into electronic chaos.
Arthen Posted - 05/20/2004 : 6:53:08 PM
It would invariably draw out the John Mayer, Jason Mraz, and Devil wannabes.
Macht Posted - 05/20/2004 : 6:42:01 PM
I've set up a mic to mic guitar jam before on AIM. It was pretty good. Only thing is you shouldn't jam with people you don't know. You don't know their styles and vice versa. Most chat rooms are filled with bad guitarists too. But it would be kinda cool having you guys play. A person who can play a Tim Reynolds song ought to be good :P
JoeGamo05 Posted - 05/20/2004 : 4:48:12 PM
lol i dunno if ur bein sarcastic but on yahoo chat you can they always have an acoustic room open but it gets annyoing after awhile.... we should start a private tim room haha or jus a private room
rubylith Posted - 05/20/2004 : 2:47:08 PM
dude that is a great idea!
I think it is possible, you would need a high speed connection and a decent sound card.

lets start a business, you could make millions!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000