Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Great Jam Songs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JoeGamo05 Posted - 11/19/2003 : 7:39:50 PM
anyone know of some really good jam songs sorta like the jam part of what you would say, and i think it's called cocaine fury or something part of stream?? well any good ones out there?
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bustoff Posted - 11/20/2003 : 11:14:34 PM
In "Try a Little Harder," TIM usually cuts loose pretty good in the middle. Especially on the video of the 12/9/00 show on the ftp.
Arthen Posted - 11/20/2003 : 3:23:23 PM
There is the part in Rheginos and the Resurrection where he usually does an improv part or he'll go into one of the classical pieces. I like to go off in their and slap all around.
ZirbMonkey Posted - 11/20/2003 : 1:59:40 PM
Well as for "cocaine fury," it is a part of the song Stream, at least the on the Dave Matthews Luther College CD, and I suppose there are some good jam parts in the song -- its just a matter of getting a feel for the rhythm and the flow of it, and just *playing* it like mad.

Some other good songs for jammin' would be Loose Interpretations, and Chatterbox -- which are especially great if you can pick up of some of the improv'ed jazz chord progressions he throws in. Those are the two major ones that come to mind that have plain, acoustic guitar with concrete parts and chords that are played. Besides those, there are a lot of songs like Blast of Hot Air that are really cool to pull off if you've got a DD-5 or maybe a Line 6 Delay Modeler, although there's more variation in the way Tim plays those from set to set, as you just need to get the basic "feel" of the song, I suppose. A lot of those songs are mainly about the "feel." That's the best I can describe it without being too archaic :)

Hope that gives you some starting points.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000