Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 The rediscovery of the strum

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 05/05/2003 : 3:44:50 PM
I've just rediscovered (thanks in no small part to Sir Richie Of Havens) rythmic strumming in Open D...man, you all should try this sometime...

Here's some cool ideas:

Tune your guitar to Open D or E
Get a thin to medium pick, depending on your prefrence (Thick ones probably won't work)
Use your left thumb to fret vaious chords around the neck, and strum that damn guitar like there's no tomorrow.

Here are some fun chords

For a major chord, just lay your thumb across all six strings at any fret. Alternativly, use your thumb for the lowest four strings, and your pointer and middle for the two highest.

For a minor chord, fret the D,A, and middle D with your thumb, the F# one fret lower than the fret your thumb is holding, and the two trebles with your middle finger, or your middle and ring fingers.

For a 9th, hold down the lowest four strings with your thumb, and use your ring finger or middle finger to hold down the trebles two frets higher.

For a really neat sounding chord, hold the lowest three strings with your thumb, and the top three with your pointer finger two frets lower.

For a suspended chord, just play the lowest four strings ( held with le thumb, of course) and let the top two stay open.

This is a blast, I haven't fingerpicked for three days now!! Really beat the hell out of that guitar, too!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 05/05/2003 : 7:17:21 PM
I totally agree with strumming. It's great to finger pick, but it's even better to mix it up.

I came up with an interesting C tuning that's fun to strum around on.

6=C
5=G
4=C
3=G
2=B
1=E

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000