Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Need tabs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Something Nasty Posted - 02/19/2003 : 11:53:38 AM
I've just gotten into Tim's stuff and I think he is amazing. I ordered Gossip of the Nuerons and Nomadic Wavelength and now I listen to them non-stop. Of course I can't come close to playing any of his hard stuff, but i can play Entity and some of Loose Interpretation. I do have the tabs for Entity but would like to know if anyone can tell me what effect he uses to get that certain sound when he is picking the e string. Also i would like tabs for Something Nasty and the riff in Big Blast of Hot Air (the one he loops and plays over).I recently purchased a Boss DD-6 and it is so much fun to play on. I'm somewhat new to the guitar community and have no skills yet to play something by ear, so I enjoy finding tabs on Tim's site and other places. I would like to also say how much i appreciate everyone who is envolved with his site and with this forum.
Oh, Right! I almost forgot to say that this will be my first post and I am so excited about being part of this forum!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 01/08/2004 : 9:59:09 PM
By the way, if you repeat that 007--- thing I posted above, just jam with the A scale and variants of the A chord. Also try recording this on yer delay of choice

lowA--0--3--5--6--7--6--5--3-- And jam some jazzy chords over that, like

e----------3------
b--9---7---2-----
g--7---5---0-----
d--6---4---2------
a--7---5---0---
a--0---0---0------
DMBFreak84 Posted - 01/07/2004 : 07:29:24 AM
drop A tuning? never tried or heard of that before
pcbTIM Posted - 02/20/2003 : 7:36:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JTR

I just went into the hall and tried it last night while my roommate was sleeping. It was great.

Yeah sure, rub it in.
Something Nasty Posted - 02/20/2003 : 3:00:51 PM
Yeah I think its an awesome song and fun to play.
JTR Posted - 02/20/2003 : 1:50:10 PM
I just went into the hall and tried it last night while my roommate was sleeping. It was great.
pcbTIM Posted - 02/20/2003 : 05:01:11 AM
Wow......drop A? That's gotta sound deep. Damn! I wanna try that out right now, but my roommate's sleeping. D'oh well, I'll try it tomorrow.
Jay Posted - 02/19/2003 : 4:17:26 PM
Yes, Cuban-B...oh....I think TR plays in the key of D. I normally jam with whatever comes to mind, and then play this chord:

E-------------
B---(6)---------
G----5---------
D----4---------
A----5---------
A----0--------- You can slide that up adn down the neck...TR accually plays this in the song.
Something Nasty Posted - 02/19/2003 : 4:04:48 PM
Oh! Would you know by chance what scale is played on Big Blast of Hot Air?
Something Nasty Posted - 02/19/2003 : 3:49:07 PM
Hey, I appreciate the info!
Jay Posted - 02/19/2003 : 3:48:43 PM
OH! And Welcome aBOARD! Glad to have you!
Jay Posted - 02/19/2003 : 3:45:33 PM
Hey there Nasty. He uses a volume pedal for that wierd sound on Entity...it's just lowering and raising the volume...If you ahve a volume knob on your guitar you can get the same effect.

As for Somethin' Nasty...Drop C, Loop this: C--003300330033--- and jam on slide. Just give it a whirl cause I cna't get close enough.

The riff Tim plays on Big Blast is usually somehting like this:

Drop A tuning:

D--7-7-7-7--------------
A--0-0-0-0------------
A--0-0-0-0------------

Or this

D--------7-------------7--x--7-
A--------0---0--0------0--x--0-
A-0-0-0-0---0--0--0---0--x--0-

Course that isn't lined up, but you get the picture...It's all SLAP, too. Just find a cool rythym and jam. As I always say, CLOSE YER EYES AND PLAY!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000