Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 amp trouble?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
captain_napkins Posted - 02/02/2003 : 7:24:12 PM
I just got a brand new Fender Blues Jr. amp delivered to my house today, and it sounds amazing, but I have one issue: Whenever I hit certain notes (most notably the 12th fret on the A string) I hear this very audible, very annoying buzzing sound. Is this something that will go away after a while, or do I now have to worry about replacing a tube? any insight would be great!

napkins
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 02/02/2003 : 10:38:05 PM
And...now that ive actually REREAD your original post, I see that you didnt buy it at a store. Forgive me for being dense.

I'd recommend contacting where you bought it, and telling them the problem. They might do an exchange...but you may have to pay for shipping it back to them, which would blow. They should pick up the tab though since it is their fault.

Otherwise, send in the warranty info, and wait for your warranty card...then take it to your authorized Fender dealer for repairs.

You could also just take it to your local fender dealer for an opinion on what the problem may be. It's hard for one of us here to say w/out playing it/hearing it for ourselves.

Adam
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 02/02/2003 : 10:32:37 PM
Hmm....could be that particular tube is loose or faulty somehow. I'd say take it to the store where you got it and have them check it out. It should have a factory warranty...and since you JUST got it, they should fix or replace it no questions asked.

Adam
captain_napkins Posted - 02/02/2003 : 7:52:55 PM
I have played it through a Peavey Rage 158 Solid State amp before, and I didn't have the same problem. But just last week, I played it through a Fender DeVille, without any problems. Now, another thing is that occasionally I'm hearing these random popping noises while I play. It doesn't happen often, but it's been happening. I hope this is just some sort of first-day thing.

One more note: While it was making the buzzing noise, I touched one of the tubes and it stopped. So I think it might be something rattling around in there. What do you think?

napkins
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 02/02/2003 : 7:47:31 PM
Hmm...sounds like it MAY actually be a problem with the guitar, or have you played the guitar through other amps and this does not happen?

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000