Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 HELP ME!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Poole Posted - 11/08/2002 : 11:20:41 PM
ok guys, i just bought a takamine g-332S and it sounds like crap when i hook it up to my little itty-bitty crate amp. I'm not sure if its the fishman pickup in it (standard), or the amp or just my guitar. The guitar itself does not sound that bad unplugged. It just has that "airry" acoustic electric sound when plugged in. It also rings a whole whole hellava lot. please try to help me!!!!!

i'm playin a show monday and i really need to at least aliminate the ring of this hell machine.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 11/09/2002 : 02:34:05 AM
A few questions for you...

Does the guitar have an onboard preamp with an EQ? Or are you using a preamp, or are you just plugging directly into your amp? You may need to buy a preamp, or a Direct Box.

Are you using an electric Crate amp, or an acoustic Crate amp, like the CA-30, or CA-60? I don't really care for Crates electric amps, but their acoustic amps kick fucking ass, as far as natural sound. So if you're using a Crate acoustic amp, it's probably the pickup/guitar. Fishman makes pretty good pickups, but there could always be something wrong with it.

Did you buy the guitar used? If you bought it used, from a store like Music-Go-Round, or on Ebay, any number of previous conditions could exist as far as the pickup or electronics having something wrong with them.

From looking on harmony-central.com, I found that one person said it was a good starter guitar, while another said he bought it instead of a Taylor, and is very impressed with it compared to Taylors. It sounds like it has a lot of punch from what a few said. You can check out the reviews yourself at: http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Takamine/G-332S-01.html

What exactly do you mean by ringing? Are you talking about feedback, or sustain, or something else?

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000