Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 delay pedals

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ngetal Posted - 10/20/2002 : 9:15:31 PM
ok..i have this old old old ibanez delay pedal,it has reverb,dealy,and hold.
but with the hold option,you have to keep your foot on it is in order for you little sample to keep repaeting.

is there any delay box that you can just stomp on the box and it will hold it with out keeping you foot on ??

thanx abunch
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ngetal Posted - 11/01/2002 : 04:06:48 AM
i was just using a online translator,i only speak french,english and drunkanese
Jay Posted - 10/27/2002 : 5:01:18 PM
He said I hope you enjoy his new toys...Wait, shouldn't it be tus?
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 06:29:09 AM
I must warn you, I took Latin in high school. So you could be insulting me in that post and I would never know.
ngetal Posted - 10/27/2002 : 03:56:01 AM
espero que usted goce de sus juguetes nuevos
pcbTIM Posted - 10/27/2002 : 01:55:25 AM
Es muey bueno.
ngetal Posted - 10/26/2002 : 6:13:00 PM
boomeang are wayyyyyyyyyyyy to expensive if you can spend alot of money on toys get the electrix repeater,you can layer up to 4 loops,plus save them on memory cards.

if u dont have alot of cash,the boss rc-20 is your best bet....look on ebay for deals....look at ebay for mexico,austrailia or any other country where there $$ is lower than yours
Arthur Posted - 10/25/2002 : 7:01:58 PM
Well, you could always try a Boomerang-they will sample 1m 27s(2m 8s on the slow mode). That has two loops A and B (verse/chorus if you will).
ngetal Posted - 10/24/2002 : 04:15:13 AM
its pretty cool,my only beefs are you cant bank up and down between loops,you need to turn the knob. and getting loops off a keyboard or computer programs adds a bit of fuzz. but getting guitar loops is pretty clear,not crystal,but great sound nonetheless

hope you find something that suits ya
pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:29:52 PM
By the way........drool....

pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 7:24:16 PM
quote:
Originally posted by ngetal

man get both loop and delay!!
i got the boss rc-20,5minutes of loop time,up to 10 different loops can be stored.

There's just a little problem of money. But maybe I can find both for cheap.....what would be a good "beginner" effects pedal?
ngetal Posted - 10/23/2002 : 6:12:16 PM
man get both loop and delay!!
i got the boss rc-20,5minutes of loop time,up to 10 different loops can be stored.

for delays,i been looking to get the newer digitech one,has everything the boss dd6 has and more.
the best delay ive seen is the akai headrush,has delay,tape echo,and a sampler with overdub,you can sample either 28 seconds,or sample 14 sec. and add another sound of 14sec again...of course this one is expensive,but worth it
pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 5:47:47 PM
Ahhhhhhh I see. Thanks a lot. I'm debating between getting a looping pedal or effects pedal. And the tap tempos....is that with an audible beat in the backround?
dirtysloth Posted - 10/23/2002 : 09:43:12 AM
Mostly varying delay times. Not all modes go all the way up to 2 seconds. 1 is the shortest, 2 is a little longer, 3 is a little longer, 4 does go up to 2 secs. 5 is the loop mode that you can play over. 6 is reverse mode. 7 is delayed response mode... you play and don't hear the actual note you play when you play it, but you still hear the delay. 8-11 are to be used for a tap tempo.
pcbTIM Posted - 10/23/2002 : 06:39:51 AM
OK.......since I'm gonna be buying an electric soon, I was thinking about purchasing a pedal too. I was looking up the DD-5....

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=021022064656157242107062120022/search/g=home/detail/base_id/35145

.....and I was wondering what they meant by the "11 modes". Is this just another way of saying effects? Or is it something else?
ngetal Posted - 10/21/2002 : 12:29:44 AM
argh what am i smoking? i was considering buying the aki headrush before i got my boss rc-20.

what i want to do is: have a loop going,and then have loops start and stop on the fly with a delay pedal...i could have answeared my own question.

but!! i do have another: i want to play a loop with rc20,and do small loops with a delay,the delay is hooked to several fx boxes to mess with it....and my guitar is hooked to a boss me30,then in that delay. problem: i get noise from both my me30,and the single fx.
what i want is the singles to effect the delay loop ONLY and not the me30

is it possible?
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/21/2002 : 12:17:44 AM
I was perusing the roland site the other day, and the dd-6 is actually just over 5 seconds of delay. But yeah... what Adam said.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/20/2002 : 9:34:01 PM
The much mentioned Boss DD-5 or DD-6 Delay will do that. It holds up to 2 seconds of sound for infinite repeat. You step on the pedal while playing, and either step off for the pedal to repeat it over and over, or it will start playing it over and over once the two seconds has elapsed. If you step on the pedal again, the loop stops.

The DD-6 actually has like 2.5 seconds of loop time or something a little longer than the DD-5. But I have a DD-5 and the two seconds works out fine.

The Line 6 DL-4 Delay Modeler has a 14 second loop that works pretty much the same way.

It really comes down to how much delay time you want.

Also check out Akai products. The Akai Headrush for example as soemthing like 23.5 seconds of delay time. Sweet shit.

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000