Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 DD-6

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
willyc4744 Posted - 09/21/2002 : 8:35:58 PM
I see there is now a boss dd-6....any feedback? I am still lookin to get a dd-5, should i get the dd-6 instead or is it not worth it

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/22/2002 : 4:53:18 PM
One more thing, the onboard Tap Tempo may be worth the extra $$ over the DD5, if you're planning on using the Tap Tempo. W/the DD5, you have to buy an additional footswitch for about 20 bucks.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/22/2002 : 4:51:48 PM
Looks like a few differences to me. The Warp feature is new. Wonder what it does.

Also the stereo input/output is more for people who want to use the pedal for a kind of "ping-pong" delay, either into a mixer w/left and right inputs or two separate amps, much like the DD5. The stereo input is probably if you were putting the DD6 in an effects loop, and you want it stereo coming from the mixer/amp, and going back to it.

But i agree that the feature is useless to most of us. Unless you can use the stereo inputs, or try it out and really love the Warp feature, I'd stick with a DD5.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
JTR Posted - 09/22/2002 : 12:04:22 AM
With what I know about my DD-5, and just looking at this, there are some key differences. First, there is no tempo option on the dial. I never use it and I don't know of many people that do, but that has been changed to that it appears although you use the actual pedal to control the tempo variations. And the stereo thing seems rather useless to most of us, since a guitar in itself is generally a mono-output instrument. I dunno... Seems like something I should go check out at Guitar Center or Mars next time I'm near one.
pcbTIM Posted - 09/21/2002 : 10:54:53 PM
Well.......from what I read on the internet, it seems superior to the dd-5 in that it can hold up to 5.2 sec of recording TIMe as opposed to 2 sec. However, I don't have either, so I can't be of too much help...........here's a link

http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM02/Content/Boss/PR/DD-6.html

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000