Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 New Guitar World Acoustic

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SpaceMonkey Posted - 09/16/2002 : 10:13:58 AM
....has what's-his-face on the cover and tabs for some "Busted Stuff" songs, but it also covers Tim's parts on WWYS?, Satellite, Jimi Thing, and Tripping Billies from Luther...FYI

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/22/2002 : 6:58:07 PM
quote:

I think for now on, whenever someone mentions Dave Matthews, I'll simply reply "Oh....you mean that dude that plays with TIM?"

Now that sounds like a good idea

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
pcbTIM Posted - 09/19/2002 : 2:36:06 PM
I think for now on, whenever someone mentions Dave Matthews, I'll simply reply "Oh....you mean that dude that plays with TIM?"

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
SpaceMonkey Posted - 09/19/2002 : 09:35:20 AM
Don't equate what seems like a diss of Dave to a hatred of the man by TR fans. As pcbdmb says, 90% of Tim's fanbase is a result of his exposure from Dave. I have a lot of respect for Dave, but becuase this is Tim's board I'll always put him first (hence T&D, not D&T). I also think it's funny to refer to Dave as "what's-his-face" and "the other guy" just beacuse it's so painfully obvious that the guy is a household name, while Tim is much more likely to be referred to by these ambivilent phrases!

Now, without further ado, I'm gonna jump this forum and leave it to the guitar folk....

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/18/2002 : 11:34:09 PM
My problem with Dave & Tim is not the music, or Dave. I love hearing Dave and Tim play together, and I truly wish there WOULD be another tour, and that I'd get to go. But it's the fans, as you said, that make me rethink that and think that there should NOT be another D&T tour. It's all the fans, and the disrespect they give Tim, which carries over to Tim's solo shows, like the one that I went to that was absolutely RUINED by those kind of fans (even ask Fluffy about the Union Bar show in Iowa City).

Seeing that kind of disrespect first hand really sealed the deal for me as far as how I felt about Tim ever playing with DMB or Dave again. I mean, yes, I love hearing him with them/him, but I'd much rather hear a really good TR solo show with a good crown than ever hear him churn out another killer solo in Watchtower.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

pcbTIM Posted - 09/18/2002 : 7:01:22 PM
No......90% of the TIMe it's a joke because 90% of us became fans of TIM through DMB. I, for one, love his music.....but our sarcasm comes from the fans of DMB. Most of them are a bit over the top.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
Jamie M Posted - 09/18/2002 : 3:55:38 PM
quote:

Dave's a bastard too, though, so I agree with the title of what's-his-face.

What has he done to make him a bastard?
If you're talking about the release of Everyday, that's not much of an argument. Everyday was just an experimental mistake, I'm sure the whole band would agree with that.

Jamie M Posted - 09/18/2002 : 3:51:41 PM
Definitely no offence taken here.
I was pretty much relating this to some of your other posts from that topic about D&T touring again.
And that's totally cool if you grew out of Dave, or whatever, tastes change, I can't argue that.
It's just that all over this board, there seems to be some anti-DMB vibe, like comments going out of the way just to spite Dave. Like the first post in this topic for example. I'm sure most of the time it's just a joke, but it all adds up until you can see a sort of vibe going around.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/17/2002 : 10:35:02 PM
Sorry if I seem bitter. I don't mean to be. Any time I bash Dave it's seriously meant to be in a joking fashion. Even with my friends, who used to make fun of me for how into DMB I was, I'll say some comment about Dave, then I sit and watch that rooftop concert thing on VH1.

They say "Why are you watching this if you don't like DMB anymore?" and I really don't have an answer. I still like them...I just can't get as into them half as much I used to. Needless to say I still buy all the albums when they come out. Whether I hang on to them is another story, but I check them out none the less.

I do have some contempt for Dave Matthews, which is more rooted in the Everyday fiasco and other things. The disrespect of Tim at D&T shows, etc... is low on the totem pole of why I have some distaste for Dave. But still everything I say halfway negative about Dave is meant as a joke, from a guy who was one of his biggest fans not too long ago.

Anyways, I'm sorry if I offended you. The last thing I want to do is make anyone that IS a Dave fan feel bad or get pissed.

Adam

JTR Posted - 09/17/2002 : 8:51:26 PM
Dave's a bastard too, though, so I agree with the title of what's-his-face.
j Posted - 09/17/2002 : 8:47:17 PM
amen, Jamie

"Have a moderately neato day. May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house."
-G.C.
Jamie M Posted - 09/17/2002 : 6:39:32 PM
Man, what's up with your bitterness? It's not Dave's fault some of his fans are bastards.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/16/2002 : 11:11:25 PM
quote:

....has what's-his-face on the cover and tabs for some "Busted Stuff" songs, but it also covers Tim's parts on WWYS?, Satellite, Jimi Thing, and Tripping Billies from Luther...FYI

Now that's what he should be called. The solo for Jimi being tabbed gets me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000