Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 yes, another pedal question.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sonny Posted - 08/25/2002 : 11:18:22 PM
okay, i love the "violin, swelling" sound that tim gets. i know that he simply uses a volume pedal to accomplish that, but for me, i would just rather have a pedal "on-off" switch that would do the same thing. do they make something like this without having to buy a big expensive multi-effects unit?

i have heard about the Boss Slow Gear (SG-1). i heard it makes a violin type sound.... do anyone have one of these?

Please discuss!!!!

thanx.
sonny
sonny@treefrogband.com

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/27/2002 : 11:21:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=901583930

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=901666059

The first link is a reverb unit, the Danelectro Corned Beef Reverb on Ebay, and the second link is a Rogue Volume Pedal, going for about 16.50 right now.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/27/2002 : 11:14:09 PM
You can actually get a Rogue volume pedal at musiciansfriend.com for around 30 dollars. I don't know if you'd want to get a reverb unit to go with it or not, but Ebay is a good place to look for that. Just heed my warnings about used merchandise from other posts on this subject.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/27/2002 : 9:14:01 PM
I have the Boss slow gear and it does do very nice swells, but it doesn't replace a true volume swell. I've been working on creating the most soothing/spacy sound possible without using a synth, and that is one of the effects that I am running... but I use it WITH a volume pedal, not instead of. The end result, when I add everything else in, is really quite beautiful. So I'd recommend that pedal if spacy sounds are what you are going for... if you just want swells Adam hit the nail on the head. Find some used stuff on ebay and you're up and running for $100.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 08/27/2002 : 1:13:53 PM
See that trash can icon in the bar above your post.......click that and it'll get rid of your second post.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
sonny Posted - 08/27/2002 : 09:53:53 AM
(double post...sorry)

sonny Posted - 08/27/2002 : 09:53:49 AM
good question.......umm, i guess, to me, it would just be more simplistic. my friend has a boss digital recorder with built-in effects, and it has a "guitar pad, swell" sound. to me, i am assuming that it would pretty much be the same as the Boss SG-1 Slow Gear Pedal. I just can't picture a volume pedal recreating that type of sound, but then again, i haven't tried it either... where i live, there are not many music stores to try stuff out.....

volume pedal? i will try it.....

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/26/2002 : 11:28:17 PM
Get a cheap volume pedal, and a reverb unit, like the new Electro Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb. That's what I use for swells like that and it sounds great. That way you can get the timing of the swells just as you need it. Sometimes those effects that swell it for you take a second too long to produce the sound in my opinion.

Why would you rather get a stompbox to do it for you rather than get a volume pedal?

Adam

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000