Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 12-Stringer

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JTR Posted - 07/16/2002 : 12:49:21 AM
Now I've only played a 12-string about 4 or 5 times in my life, so that's why I'm gonna ask this simple question. I know that if I want to play a Reynolds 12-string song like No Other or Turn It To Love, I want to tune my 6-string down a half step. Now is that because all 12-strings are naturally down a half step from 6-strings or is it because that's just how Reynolds typically plays his 12-stringer. When I play along with the Lillywhite Sessions it seems like I'm in tune with Matthews 12-string, so I'm just wondering: Are all 12-strings tuned a half step down?

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 09/15/2002 : 6:48:05 PM
I'm pretty sur ehe does, that's why i said that...but i can't tell...it definately sounds like it, though...i'd have to ask him on my birthday!

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
pcbTIM Posted - 09/13/2002 : 10:37:55 PM
Yeah......I think someone said that that's what TIM does with his 12-string Martin.

"Well you know boys, a nuclear reactor's a lot like a woman: you just have to read the manual and push the right button." - Homer
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/13/2002 : 10:28:39 PM
I know some people that use a double g on their 12, instead of the low and high g.

Adam

Everybody's talkin' at me, I can't hear a word they're sayin'...Just driving 'round in Jon Voight's car...

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
pcbTIM Posted - 09/09/2002 : 7:32:31 PM
I just tuned mine down half a step last night. It sounds really good, and now I don't have to be so afraid of breaking the high G-string.

"Always follow your heart, but use your brain." - My dad
Arthen Posted - 09/09/2002 : 5:34:01 PM
I love playing twelve strings, but I don't think I've ever played one that was tuned down. My friend always has his in standard.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
pcbTIM Posted - 09/04/2002 : 2:29:11 PM
Well......I think any song that TR plays on a twelve string is tuned down half a step.

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - George Bernard Shaw
JTR Posted - 09/04/2002 : 10:42:51 AM
So, the songs on NW are mostly down one half step, are all the 12 string (which I think is all) songs on Stream also down a half step or are they standardish tuning?
Jay Posted - 07/16/2002 : 5:05:43 PM
Ed Zachary.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
ngetal Posted - 07/16/2002 : 4:23:29 PM
when i bought mine it was tuned D G C F A D they told me its the highest i should have it,cuz it puts to much preasure on the neck if tuned higher. if you need high tunings get a capo.

ring modulators go ''zing zang zow''
Jay Posted - 07/16/2002 : 12:53:20 AM
Lots of twelve stringers tune down, form a half step to two whole steps. Lots of times it's cause it sounds cool, makes bends easier, and lowers the tension on the guitar neck.

Jay

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000