Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 You Never Know guitar tab

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CheersDtoT Posted - 05/28/2002 : 02:37:46 AM

Now , I know that Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds play complete different styles of music . But their are some very good guitar tabbers in here , and if they can tab Tim songs then they should be able to tab one Dave song . So to all of you master tabbers I would like to ask if you guys could tab the new Dave M. song You Never Know . I have the first part kinda figured out but the rest gets tricky , the song has a weird / funcky beat . So if anyone wants to try and tab this hard song just tell me and I would be very greatful ! Thanks everyone !

Greg Spydell
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 08/24/2002 : 12:06:30 AM
I think that The Last Stop was referin to Tim's gutar tuning. It would make sense!

Visit the Friends forum..I Have a new question.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
Arthen Posted - 08/23/2002 : 8:28:50 PM
And fingers, if he tried to do it with his palms, the string would be muted!

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
pcbTIM Posted - 08/23/2002 : 3:45:14 PM
You mean he doesn't play with his teeth or his feet? How strange.

"I didn't think it was physically possible, but this both sucks and blows."
Jay Posted - 08/23/2002 : 3:36:51 PM
With his hands.

Jay
" It's a scavenger hunt in the best of times, a one armed man with a box of dimes. Throw the stick and let the bulldog roll." KJP
pcbTIM Posted - 08/23/2002 : 3:31:58 PM
So how does he play it?

Arthen Posted - 08/22/2002 : 1:11:47 PM
Dave doesn't use a Capo for You Never Know or any other alternate tunings.

"Don't drink the pickle juice from the pickle jar, until all the pickles are gone."
-Son of a Boss
Arthenc@hotmail.com
Jamie M Posted - 06/04/2002 : 5:39:28 PM
It seems to work really well for the outro thing they play at the end... I think it's played:

Tuned down:
e-3-3--3-3-
b-3-3--3-3-
g-0-0--0-0-
d------0-0-
a-3-2----2-
E------2-3-

So that way you get the full sound of the G positioning.

pcbTIM Posted - 06/04/2002 : 01:37:37 AM
I guess you're right....but I still don't see the point of it.

Jamie M Posted - 06/03/2002 : 4:55:06 PM
Dick's right, I just got out my 12/19/98 video, and he's playing it off the 3rd fret. He switches guitars at the end of the song.

dick mountjoy Posted - 06/03/2002 : 08:02:42 AM
sorry but those tab books aren't very accurate [:-)] i was looking at jkanter's dmb website and he has the last stop tabbed from videos with the first chord played at the third fret which would mean it would be a half step flat...

pcbTIM Posted - 06/03/2002 : 03:04:37 AM
Well.....I looked at my tab book of Before These Crowded Streets......and according to it, The Last Stop is in standard tuning.

CheersDtoT Posted - 06/03/2002 : 02:48:37 AM

I don't think Dave tunes up for You Never Know ... I have been playing around with some stuff and I have an idea of what the begining sounds like ...... I'm going to keep tabbing and see where that takes me and then I'll show you and you can tell me what you think !!
Cheers

Greg Spydell
dick mountjoy Posted - 06/02/2002 : 9:41:36 PM
yeah i agree on that there is nothing played open from what i can tell but you never know why dave plays some stuff the way he does....

pcbTIM Posted - 06/02/2002 : 9:33:28 PM
But by the way that I've played it, there seems to be no reason for it to be tuned down. Nothing is played open....but then again....I'm probably wrong.

dick mountjoy Posted - 06/02/2002 : 9:12:35 PM
i think in the article found in the luther tab book there is something about the last stop being the only song not in standard or drop-d. and it based on f#....but if you look at all the tabs derived from live performances, the first chord (some form of an f#)is in third position...which means the guitar is tuned a half-step flat.

pcbTIM Posted - 06/02/2002 : 7:57:38 PM
Live at Luther College? They didn't play that there. Or do you mean the Before These Crowded Streets tab book? I'll have to check that one.....I thought the song was based around F#....

CheersDtoT Posted - 06/02/2002 : 6:54:57 PM

I don't think he uses a capo .... when I saw him in Marysvillle
he wasn't using one ...... also I he didn't tune it up a step because
I remeber he didn't switch guitars !!! Well that was what I saw !!

Greg Spydell
dick mountjoy Posted - 06/02/2002 : 11:27:44 AM
I think studio the last stop is tuned down a half step....the l@lc tab book says it is tuned down. i don't know about live though, i'd have to pull out the cd's to listen and i'm just too lazy for that.

pcbTIM Posted - 06/02/2002 : 02:59:37 AM
ummmmmmmmm.......I thought The Last Stop was in standard tuning.

dick mountjoy Posted - 06/02/2002 : 01:38:38 AM
from what i hear dave does tune up for this one. i find that odd seeing as the only other song i can think of that isn't in standard or drop-d is the last stop....

Silky The Pimp Posted - 06/01/2002 : 9:08:16 PM
Oh good... this person emailed me asking if I would tab it and I agreed. But I've really been too busy to spend time tabbing... this saves me the trouble. Thanks dick.
-J

pcbTIM Posted - 06/01/2002 : 8:09:06 PM
He's playing with a capo?????? No way!

dick mountjoy Posted - 05/31/2002 : 10:21:54 PM
http://www.geocities.com/dmb726525/youneverknow.txt

this is supposedly tabbed off of a live performance, i haven't played it so i don't know how accurate is...

dick mountjoy Posted - 05/31/2002 : 10:16:55 PM
if you search around a little there are a bunch of tabs that sound somewhat close....but you're not going to get an exact tab until someone has it on video. i've seen 'where are you going' on video but not 'you never know'.

pcbTIM Posted - 05/31/2002 : 8:53:59 PM
I've only heard it once.....so I'm no help. But I'm when everyone has a hard copy of it, they'll be able to tab it out.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000