Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Whammy Pedal Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sdc91079 Posted - 01/16/2002 : 10:58:12 AM
During the DMB winter 98 tour Tim did some incredible whammy work on the Reprise of the Last Stop, It sounds almost like a penny whistle meets an overdriven guitar.
I bought a whammy pedal this summer but can never get the tight sound tim is always able to get, Tim seems to be able to get it so it is not deafeningly high pitched while still sounding completely cool. If anyone knows the exact riff and how tim gets the sound please let me know, I can also email mp3s or SHN's of the song if anyone hasn't heard it, Thanks much

Steve
Culliton@buffalo.edu

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/17/2002 : 2:35:31 PM
Jon Runs the website... I'm sure he's lurking somewhere around here with your answer... if he doesn't post it in the next day or so just shoot him an email.
-J

sdc91079 Posted - 01/17/2002 : 11:22:13 AM
The whammy is definitely part of the mix but I have never known tim to use a compressor so I am curious how is getting such a compressed sound out of his,
someone suggested I ask jsoldo, I am somewhat new here how would I go about doing that? Thanks much

Steve
Culliton@buffalo.edu

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/17/2002 : 09:41:32 AM
The pedal is a DigiTech Whammy. I've been wanting to get one myself. Kirk Hammett from Metallica uses one as well, as do many current guitarists out there. Here's a link to the DigiTech Whammy homepage...

http://www.digitech.com/products/productpgs/whammy.htm

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Saint Jude Posted - 01/17/2002 : 01:26:10 AM
its not the roto foger, its the whamy, because on dont drink u can hear him turn it on at 2:00 then lowers it from there on. i believe he also has a compression pedal, but i am not sure, check the electric set up shtuff. or ask soldo.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Marshall_Stacker Posted - 01/16/2002 : 3:43:01 PM
I'm not sure, but I remember learning somewhere that the specific effect is a Mooger Fooger ring modulator. This is a very expensive effect, but very cool sounding. If you're talking about the effect Tim uses on DMB live at Chicago, then I'm almost certain this is the exact pedal.

sdc91079 Posted - 01/16/2002 : 2:53:59 PM
I have the one tim has or at least the new reissue of the pedal which has all of the effects I need, the problem is when the pitch is raised two octaves it starts to lose the compression, somehow tim seems to keep the signal compressed and tight and I was wonder if anyone knew how to do that, thanks much

Steve
culliton@buffalo.edu

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/16/2002 : 2:47:01 PM
If you want to see him using it, get your hands on the LIC Video... they don't really show his footwork, but you can tell when he's using it.
-J

Saint Jude Posted - 01/16/2002 : 1:31:28 PM
u need to get that exact one, it is a diggi tech something, i wish i knew. but with it you can set it so when it is on and fully compressed or forward it makes the tone 2 octaves higher, and when its back have it normal or what have you. but it's pretty phat. i wish i had one. but if u shove two wha peddals together and fully compress both of them, you get a very high pitched sound as well.

so u just need to get that pedal hes got, i know soldo knows exactly what it is, he can help you out with that. And just for small knowladge its the same pedal that tom morrelo from RATM uses.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000