Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Chris Cornell and former RATM members ..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Black Lotus Posted - 01/14/2002 : 3:24:35 PM
Anyone know any details as to when this monster of a CD will be released? I'm dying here waiting for the next rendition of innivation by Tom Morello - especially while backing the amazing vocals of Chris Cornell.

34   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 02/10/2003 : 5:13:44 PM
So PAM, what do you think of Audioslave and ZWAN? I think both are pretty good, Audioslave moreso than Zwan, but Zwan is gowing on me.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 02/10/2003 : 5:05:08 PM
I would think anything that Tom Morello played/wrote was "tommish".

The album is fucking amazing. Parts if it sounds like Rage, parts sound like Soundgarden, parts remind me of the Chili Peppers and Live. It's a great album with a great new sound. And Tom's guitar shit is fucking amazing.

BTW, in Guitar World, Tom said that Chris left the band shortly after the album was completed, but then REJOINED the group soon thereafter. So YES they are still together.

Adam
victorwootenfan Posted - 02/10/2003 : 4:22:58 PM
speaking of the original topic, has anyone seen audioslaves new video? it sounds very soundgarden to me, and hardly at all RATM. i could believe it was tom morello playing the guitar, just sounded waaay different(except a few parts). Still good, but just very not tommish.
Fluffy Posted - 02/09/2003 : 03:10:09 AM
So would that be "Happily Smashing Light Pumpkins"?
Saint Jude Posted - 02/08/2003 : 10:18:37 PM
i got zwans new cd/dvd yesterday myself, its pretty good stuff, similar to pumpkins stuff but happier and lighter.
PJK Posted - 02/08/2003 : 9:41:58 PM
Ok, I was feeling a bit down and out so I hit Best Buy, which BTW had one copy of Chaos View, I ended up getting Audioslave, Bilal (1st born second) and Zwan (Mary Star of the Sea) Ok I know, as different as night and day....that's how I like my music....something to fit any mood! hehehe.....really funny thing is I have gift cards and forgot to use them.....oh well there's always another day to buy music!

Saint Jude Posted - 02/08/2003 : 3:49:27 PM
no they didnt break up, their on tour. they temporarily broke up though, when they were called cavilian, then re-refromed to be audioslave..... i think thats what happened. anyway, their on tour now.
KevinLesko Posted - 02/08/2003 : 02:01:05 AM
Well, now I can confirm that they are still together, because they are playing in Hollywood in March.. I hope to get tickets tomorow morning when they go onsale.
KevinLesko Posted - 12/22/2002 : 5:42:33 PM
Just wanted to send this one back to the top! Can anyone else confirm my story of them not being broken up? Have they broken up in the last week?
KevinLesko Posted - 12/18/2002 : 1:07:51 PM
Fluffy, they are not broken up, they just played here in LA about 2 weeks ago at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas. Reports I heard were that they kicked ass live. We have a promo copy of the cd at work and we listen to it all the time... definately a rockin disc.
Evergreen Posted - 12/18/2002 : 08:46:25 AM
They aren't together anymore? That broke up faster
than a vegas wedding!
Fluffy Posted - 12/18/2002 : 05:03:15 AM
NOOOOO, you got peanut butter in my chocolate!!!

Anyway, I finally go this CD and BOY is it GRRRRRREAT(as Tony the Tiger would say). It sounds like the next Soundgarden record that is never actually gonna come. I bought it a few days ago and have listened to it many TIMes since. I drove to Houston today to see the Rothko Chapel finally and listened to a few TIMes on the trip. I am happy to report it is FANTASTIC from beginning to end. I wish they hadn't broken up already, I would have loved to see this line-up live.(I can only imagine, I love to fantasize!!}
victorwootenfan Posted - 12/11/2002 : 11:52:12 AM
i saw they're music video, but i really need to get the cd! i used to be really into RATM and the political rock scene. the song i heard with audioslave sounds pretty fucking great!
Evergreen Posted - 12/11/2002 : 09:58:02 AM
WOW! Did you get this yet Fluffy? or anyone? It's sooo good! I have to admit I was a bit skeptical about Chris joining. He's great and Rage is great but I wasn't sure they'd go good together. Wrong!
Hey you got chocolate in my peanut butter!
{=HTG=} Posted - 12/06/2002 : 06:19:11 AM
Flaming Moe anyone? ? ? ?
PJK Posted - 12/06/2002 : 06:13:16 AM
I read this one before and was being real good about resisting buying another cd.....now I will probably end up buying it. I have a coupon for Best Buy for this weekend....hummmmm....what if I get it, wrap it and put it under the Christmas tree for me...no one would dare fess up that they didn't get it for me....hehehehehe
Fluffy Posted - 12/06/2002 : 05:43:51 AM
I STILL NEED TO GET THIS CD, we never found a convenient BestBuy after I found out about it. Here is another great review I read.

The debut of thundering supergroup Audioslave--featuring members of Rage Against the Machine post-Zack de la Rocha with ex-Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell--is as much curio as fascinating blend of visions. Cornell might be outnumbered, but his unmistakable holler and nihilistic imagery ensure that Audioslave, the album, recalls early Soundgarden. That's especially true since de la Rocha took Rage's signature rap and politicking with him. Still, if this is Soundgarden, it's Soundgarden set to stun. Rage guitarist Tom Morello is more of a mauler than Kim Thayil ever was--witness "Shadow on the Sun," which moves from bruising thud to psychedelic freak-out and back again--while the Rage rhythm section of Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk anchor the bottom end with pure instrumental cement. Intentionally or not, "Gasoline" bears passing resemblance to "Rusty Cage," while the sweeping "I Am the Highway" and slow-burning "The Last Remaining Light" best showcase Cornell's surprisingly New Age-y lyrical bent. Cover art by Storm Thorgerson, who gave Pink Floyd records their distinctive stamp, underscores the set's inherent celebrity. Fans of Rage and Soundgarden can raise clenched fists in unison, for Audioslave is win-win. --Kim Hughes
Saint Jude Posted - 11/21/2002 : 12:04:07 PM
yeah, Chris Cornell's voice is amazing. He can do things that just shouldnt be humanly possable.
Fluffy Posted - 11/21/2002 : 04:50:58 AM
When Zack de la Rocha left Rage Against the Machine in October 2000, the band's future dynamic was obviously in question. Within months, rumor had it that ex-Soundgarden frontman Chris Cornell would be replacing de la Rocha. Gossip fueled truth, for Cornell joined the rest of Rage in the studio in May 2001. The mix was great and a musical bond was in the making. Cornell, Tim Commerford, Brad Wilk, and Tom Morello spent the next year writing and recording, and it appeared that a band would soon come to form. By spring 2002, the foursome, who were no longer going by the Rage Against the Machine name, signed on for Ozzfest. Before the summer tour even got underway, Cornell quit the new project. He claimed it wasn't moving forward in the direction he'd hoped for. The breakdown didn't last, for Cornell joined the rest of the band by early fall. They'd tossed around the idea of being called Civilian, but settled on Audioslave. First single "Cochise," which is named for the great American Indian chief who died free and unconquered, debuted in September 2002 and did moderately well among radio. Audioslave's Epic debut was slated to be released in November. ~ MacKenzie Wilson, All Music Guide

I have been "happily surprised"!!!!

I saw the first video for this project tonite, a few minutes ago, and it is AWESOME!!! I will be buying it in the next few days. I sure hope the rest of it holds up as well as the single. Quite powerful. Guess we shouldn't be surprised. Powerful band + Powerful voice = Powerful song. AWESOME!!!

Check it out if you haven't heard it yet.
KevinLesko Posted - 03/30/2002 : 04:18:12 AM
Well, I can't say that I am bummed or anything since I've yet to hear any of the music that they made. If it ends up rocking, then I'll be bummed.

While on the topic of Rage, does anyone own their DVD, The Battle of Mexico? If so, how does it look? Is it a must have?

Fleabass76 Posted - 03/30/2002 : 03:58:16 AM
Tom and Zack had a horrible relationship though. I heard they weren't even talking towards the end. 2 strongly opiniated ppl clashing. WAH! I WANT MY RAGE BACK! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!

"People always tell you to color inside the lines, [but] who drew the lines in the first place? [Think about that.]" -Victor Wooten
Saint Jude Posted - 03/29/2002 : 6:12:41 PM
What they need to do is get zack back.

- Without you, without you everything falls apart
Without you, it's not as much fun to pick up the pieces.
Fluffy Posted - 03/29/2002 : 5:18:51 PM
From NME.com http://www.nme.com/news/101208.htm

CHRIS CORNELL has left the group he formed with the remaining members of RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE.

The former Soundgarden singer entered the studio with the ex-RATMmembers following the departure of original vocalist Zack De la Rocha in October 2000.

The group, rumoured to have named themselves Civilian, recorded enough material for an album and announced their intention to appear on the US leg of Ozzfest this summer.

However, Cornell's manager Jim Guerinot has told the US press the singer has decided not to continue with the group. The studio sessions will be released as an album sometime in 2002, although Ozzfest will not see an appearance from the band.

It is currently unclear what the remaining members of the group, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk will do now.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 01/21/2002 : 09:00:27 AM
"Your being nasty as Hell, Isaac!!"

Oh Fluffy I'm just being silly and you know it, chill B no need to drag the negativity out of the arguement from hell thread.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Black Lotus Posted - 01/19/2002 : 11:30:57 AM
quote:

I will offer up MY humble opinion on this topic. Careful, I should warn you, please investigate the bands on your own and decide for yourself whether you like it or not. Do not take my word for it. I just offer these comments as MY opinion on the subject. I am not trying to coerce anyone into changing their opinions about these bands. I am just stating an opinion! I like both bands. I think together they will SUCK BIG TIME. I do not think that CC's voice goes with the RATM sound. I will be happily surprised if I find I am wrong. I would like to think that 2 great things might go great together, but I just don't see it. As I am prone to do, I will investigate the CD on my own and find out for myself if I like it or not. I really hope it knocks my socks off(figuratively of course) but I doubt it. Remember this has only been MY opinion and should not be construed as some kind of endorsement on my part.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

See, that's just it. I think that all the musicians involved will change their style toward the others to make the sound better. I think what we're going to see is a completely new sound from some of the greatest musicians of our time (Tom and Chris).

Fluffy Posted - 01/19/2002 : 05:12:36 AM
Isaac Said:
quote:
And yes i'm look foreward to the new Alanis album as well, its a guilty pleasure, so FUCK OFF!

Your being nasty as Hell, Isaac!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/19/2002 : 05:10:20 AM
I will offer up MY humble opinion on this topic. Careful, I should warn you, please investigate the bands on your own and decide for yourself whether you like it or not. Do not take my word for it. I just offer these comments as MY opinion on the subject. I am not trying to coerce anyone into changing their opinions about these bands. I am just stating an opinion! I like both bands. I think together they will SUCK BIG TIME. I do not think that CC's voice goes with the RATM sound. I will be happily surprised if I find I am wrong. I would like to think that 2 great things might go great together, but I just don't see it. As I am prone to do, I will investigate the CD on my own and find out for myself if I like it or not. I really hope it knocks my socks off(figuratively of course) but I doubt it. Remember this has only been MY opinion and should not be construed as some kind of endorsement on my part.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 01/15/2002 : 08:54:33 AM
Its going to be released Tuesday, March 26th along with the new Alanis Morressette album. I read that on chartattack.com a while back so should be pretty reliable even if it is a canadian site hehe.

Yeah I'm excited as hell about this project, I never liked rage against the machine, but that was mostly because Zach is a winey bitch, the rest of the band is great though, some great riffing from Morello, and i fuckign love Chris Cornell, Euphoria Morning is one hellz solid album!

And yes i'm look foreward to the new Alanis album as well, its a guilty pleasure, so FUCK OFF! hehe

3----------------------->

Isaac
Saint Jude Posted - 01/14/2002 : 6:10:05 PM
I think i have another mag with an article aboot them... i am trying to find it... but am not succeding.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Black Lotus Posted - 01/14/2002 : 6:04:05 PM
quote:

if u get the latest of Alternative Press, or last months, it has Trent Reznor on the cover, anyway, there is a little article about them as an anticipated cd in the commming year, which would be this one now. i would tell u more but the mag is in my aprt in St. Paul, and i am not.

Peace

Well fuck! What good are you then?

J/K .. thanks for the information, I'll see f I can source the magazine.

Saint Jude Posted - 01/14/2002 : 5:42:44 PM
if u get the latest of Alternative Press, or last months, it has Trent Reznor on the cover, anyway, there is a little article about them as an anticipated cd in the commming year, which would be this one now. i would tell u more but the mag is in my aprt in St. Paul, and i am not.

Peace

Black Lotus Posted - 01/14/2002 : 4:28:15 PM
There's some articles on it at mtv.com in the news archives. As well as other entertainment sites, just surf the web. You'll get pleanty of hits.

dirtysloth Posted - 01/14/2002 : 3:52:14 PM
Never heard of it either. But damn, that does sound pretty sweet. And again to reiterate,... DAMN!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
KevinLesko Posted - 01/14/2002 : 3:46:42 PM
Wow, this is the first I've heard of it... I'll look into it for sure. Sounds like a winner to me.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000