Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Good/Bad Idea I had?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/07/2002 : 9:50:06 PM
i'm thinking of moving to Ireland. That's all I'll say for now, because the details aren't necessary for what I want to know. My question for you people is would it be a mistake for me to move to Ireland? I mean, does it suck there? I'm just not sure if the reason that I want to move there is reason enough to move there. If that makes sense....any info is helpful...and no, i'm not high right now.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 01/09/2002 : 9:40:52 PM
I thought of something else. I read a really great novel about Ireland -- although I think it takes place in Belfast, rather than Dublin. It's called Eureka Street and it's available from Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345427130/qid=1010630330/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_3_1/107-8296552-6676517

There was a mini-series version on BBC America, but the book was better.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/09/2002 : 4:07:07 PM
I've seen enough movies on the IRA to know that I know absolutely nothing of any consequence about Ireland and therefore can offer no sound advice. Do what feels right... keep in mind that though you may return from Ireland one day, your liver will remain there always in spirit... or sclerosis...
-J

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/09/2002 : 3:25:42 PM
Thanks for the website, ill have to check it out. I was actualy thinking of moving to Dublin, or somewhere around there. Not actually in Dublin, but in a smaller town outside of it.

Adam

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

tericee Posted - 01/08/2002 : 9:31:56 PM
quote:

The last time you read anything aboot that could have been 30 years ago and nothing would have changed.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."

I checked the Irish Times (http://www.ireland.com/) and it doesn't sound so bad. If it sucked you could always come back right? Or try England instead...

teri :)

p.s. they have real estate and job listings too.

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
pcbTIM Posted - 01/08/2002 : 02:50:39 AM
The last time you read anything aboot that could have been 30 years ago and nothing would have changed.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
KevinLesko Posted - 01/08/2002 : 01:30:56 AM
hmmmm, just as long as you stay away from Northern Ireland and the IRA. Bad stuff going on up there last I read.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/07/2002 : 10:34:36 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to put more thought into it before I up and leave. But when I got the idea, it washed over me like a warm blanket, like it was the right thing to do, you know? And I've been on cloud 9 since I came up with the idea.

Adam

Erich with an h Posted - 01/07/2002 : 10:18:08 PM
in the end, it all comes down to how strongly you feel about it. We could all tell you its a great idea, and you might turn around and say fuck it and stay. I say find out for yourself, and have a backup plan in case you dont like it there. Some people think of it as home and would never leave it, others think of it as a place they never want to go to, sort of the same as the USA. So follow your heart.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000