Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Just had surgery .. no longer own a ...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Black Lotus Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:15:13 PM
Well, saturday morning I awoke with terrible abdominal pain at about 8am. Around 11am I couldn't take it any longer and decided to go to the ER. It was found that I had apendicitis (sp) and my apendix had to be removed.

Talk about sucketh ... I'm really sore and have three small cuts on my stomach now. I'm home already, recooperating. They let me come home tonight.

So, I no longer own an appendix.

Peace,
Dave

40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Black Lotus Posted - 01/22/2002 : 1:40:15 PM
Yeah, pretty much. Just some minor scarage, but nothing really to complain about. I went back to work two days after surgery, so I guess I'm doing pretty well. Thanks!

---------------------------------------
Resident bastard.
Fascinated with dick and fart jokes.
Evergreen Posted - 01/22/2002 : 12:57:23 PM
Hey hope your all healed like new....

EVERGREEN 143
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/14/2002 : 09:11:42 AM
Who is young? ... and does she have big knockers?
-J

Black Lotus Posted - 01/14/2002 : 08:50:57 AM
I feel young again!

pcbTIM Posted - 01/14/2002 : 01:25:24 AM
quote:

Promise you guys won't hate me...... I am the same age as TIM, 44

Why would we hate you? As long as you're not my mom I could care less.

"War is not about who is right, it is about who is left."
Black Lotus Posted - 01/13/2002 : 5:05:16 PM
quote:

Count me in for a group pooping... do tell...
-J

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH! Group pooping!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/13/2002 : 02:37:35 AM
quote:
I came back from skiing on Thursday at Mountain High and when I stepped out of the car, a blast of hot air hit me.

Sometimes a Big Blast Of Hot Air hits me at the strangest moments.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
LizT Posted - 01/13/2002 : 01:06:36 AM
quote:
That's pretty admirable, a woman admitting her age.

Hummmm, I'm most likely the oldest one posting here. Just keep in mind, it doesn't matter how old you are to love TR's music. I guess if Teri had the courage to post her age, so do I! Promise you guys won't hate me...... I am the same age as TIM, 44
pcbTIM Posted - 01/12/2002 : 11:16:36 PM
quote:

I can't believe it's so warm this early. Is this normal?

I heard a friend say that it's the Santa Ana winds. I came back from skiing on Thursday at Mountain High and when I stepped out of the car, a blast of hot air hit me. It felt pretty strange after a day of icy air nailing you in the face.

Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/12/2002 : 8:15:26 PM
Count me in for a group pooping... do tell...
-J

Black Lotus Posted - 01/12/2002 : 8:09:48 PM
quote:

You guys would crap your pants if I told you how old I am!!!!!!

I'll crap my pants anyway, tell us .

LizT Posted - 01/12/2002 : 6:56:28 PM
You guys would crap your pants if I told you how old I am!!!!!!
Black Lotus Posted - 01/12/2002 : 3:17:07 PM
quote:

There's something we don't put in our profile: age. Although it does tend to become obvious during some posts who is older than whom. I know Liz is old enough to have kids that want to go see wrestling at the MCI center and you're old enough to be married. So now I'm going to go batty wondering which of you is older...

I'll come clean and say I'm 34 if that will help get an answer to my question.

teri

Did I mention that I finished a marathon?

That's pretty admirable, a woman admitting her age. I thought my age should be pretty apparent as well, being married and owning a house and all ... I'm 24. Will be 25 in August.

tericee Posted - 01/12/2002 : 2:40:49 PM
It was pretty cold here during late November and December. I guess that's as much as we'll get.

teri

KevinLesko Posted - 01/12/2002 : 2:34:45 PM
No Kidding, it was flat out warm over here yesterday! Actually since I lived in the desert for 6 years, I look forward to the cold... where is my cold????

tericee Posted - 01/12/2002 : 06:48:32 AM
quote:

Really?! I thought you were much younger than that, probably because of your attitude. Like my dad says, you're as young as you feel.

I'll take that as a compliment!

BTW, I ate lunch at the In 'n' Out Burger near LAX today. It was bright and sunny, which made watching the planes land even more enjoyable. I can't believe it's so warm this early. Is this normal?

teri

pcbTIM Posted - 01/12/2002 : 04:55:40 AM
Really?! I thought you were much younger than that, probably because of your attitude. Like my dad says, you're as young as you feel.

BTW, I'm 18 (19 in a little over a month).

tericee Posted - 01/12/2002 : 04:38:30 AM
There's something we don't put in our profile: age. Although it does tend to become obvious during some posts who is older than whom. I know Liz is old enough to have kids that want to go see wrestling at the MCI center and you're old enough to be married. So now I'm going to go batty wondering which of you is older...

I'll come clean and say I'm 34 if that will help get an answer to my question.

teri

Black Lotus Posted - 01/11/2002 : 10:39:23 AM
Man .. you would think, wouldn't you? I'm not sure we're the same age though, so it might not work.

Anyway, I'm feeling much better now - been back at work since Wednesday. Yeah, I'm crazy, but I have a lot of work to do.

Peace,
Dave

tericee Posted - 01/08/2002 : 9:01:46 PM
Were you two separated at birth? You're like the unlucky twins...

http://www.honolulumarathon.org (I ran under that sign!)
LizT Posted - 01/08/2002 : 8:43:41 PM
The most important thing, I got my kids!!!!!!!

LizT Posted - 01/08/2002 : 8:41:26 PM
Dave, last year was awful for me. I had major abdominal surgery for adhesions from previous surgeries. I had a hematoma develop in my belly and almost had to go back to the OR. Then about a week after that I got a really bad cold and evertime I coughed I thought I was going to split my gut open. Oh, I forgot to mention the day after I got home from the hospital my dog jumped right on my incision! I saw stars!!! Just when I started to feel human, I was broadsided by a pickup truck and my nice green honda civic was totaled.
I feel like crap right now , got the chills, cough and body aches. I even had a flu shot a month ago. We need some good vibes man!!!

Good things from last year, well got a new car, but 3 more years of payments. Got my belly pierced! Went to 2 Tim Reynolds shows and about 6 DMB concerts! Got my DAT recorder too! And I'm still ALIVE!
Black Lotus Posted - 01/08/2002 : 7:26:09 PM
quote:

things could be worst... you could be in love...

Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.

Actually, I just got married last march and it was perhaps the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Here's my year in a nutshell ...
last April: My lung collapsed, miss the TIM show. But, he did autograph my guitar.
last October: Wrecked my brand new Impreza, rolled it over. Walked away without a scratch, but the car got toatled.
January 1st: My sewer system backedup and flooded the first floor of my house.
Last Saturday: Had appendicitis and, in turn, had my appendix removed.

I ask, what the fuck else is going to go wrong? I can't catch a goddamn break to save my life. Only two exceptionally good things have happened since 2001 ... I got married and I bought a house.

Blah ... life sucks as of late.

Peace,
Dave

LizT Posted - 01/08/2002 : 2:17:13 PM
I recommend 2 krispie kreme donuts every six hours for one week! It's a sure firecure for what ails you! There is a Royal Farms less than 5 minutes from my house that has a nice variety of Krispie Kreme donuts!

TRent Posted - 01/08/2002 : 1:18:30 PM
things could be worst... you could be in love...

Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can't like it.
Evergreen Posted - 01/08/2002 : 10:12:20 AM
I hope your feeling better now..that's some seriously intense pain. I was mountain climbing once and my appendix started doing what yours did and I literally thought I was going to die before I got down the mountain. Doubled over crying like a baby and 2 friends freaking out and trying to hold me up so I could walk......Hope your recovery goes well. If your into homeopathy and can get your hands on some arnica, it'll make your bruised and cut muscles feel better a lot faster. Also if you get calendula tincture or cream(sold at all herb and natural food stores and some supermarkets now)and put it on your incisions...it'll help reduce scarring.

Feel better

EVERGREEN 143
pcbTIM Posted - 01/07/2002 : 11:17:07 PM
what can I say. Watching the show for 12 years has a way of helping you memorize the shows. I'd have to say that it is the best possible medicine for a really boring class. So if I was a doctor, I'd tell my clients to watch the Simpsons.

Dr. Nick: If you want to gain weight, be creative. Instead of bread, use pop tarts. Instead of gum, chew bacon.
Bart: Yeah dad, you could brush your teeth with milkshakes.

tericee Posted - 01/07/2002 : 7:40:29 PM
quote:

I have amazing insurance through work

me too! except i don't even have a deductible. i went to the emergency room for stitches in 1999 and paid not one red cent.

of course, in exchange for that the people who employ (own) me get to tell me where to live, how much to weigh, and send me to saudi arabia, kosovo, or korea if they feel like it.

Black Lotus Posted - 01/07/2002 : 5:55:22 PM
pcbdmb, you're a riot .. i love that simpsons episode.

LizT Posted - 01/07/2002 : 12:19:57 PM
LOL! pcbdmb, that's a good one!!!!

pcbTIM Posted - 01/07/2002 : 12:02:35 PM
quote:

I feel as though I have contributed to the doctors kids college funds!

Homer: I could really go for a hot dog right now.
Marge: Homer, this is a graveyard!
Hot Dog Man: Hot dogs!! Get your hot dogs here!!
Marge: What do you do, follow my husband around?!
Hot Dog Man: Lady, he's puttin' my kids through college!!

LizT Posted - 01/07/2002 : 11:57:53 AM
Dang Black Lotus! Poor guy, I am all to familiar with having surgery! Yes, the pain medication is good, if that's any consolation. I've had about every non-essential organ removed! I feel as though I have contributed to the doctors kids college funds! You'll feel better in no time, the first week is the roughest. Get plenty of rest and that helps your recovery.

Black Lotus Posted - 01/07/2002 : 11:33:08 AM
I got some really good drugs, no doubt. But, it still hurts like hell. As far as expensive, I have amazing insurance through work. When my lung collapsed last april, I spent a week in the hospital and only had to pay like $300 for everything - insurance paid the other $12,000.

Not too worried about the bill as I am my health and getting better. The Doc said I should be cool in a few days to a week, we'll see.

Thanks for the nice wishes of good health, I appreciate it.

Dave S Posted - 01/07/2002 : 01:42:16 AM
I have a friend that nearly died from appendicitis, I know what you're going through man.

Saint Jude Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:50:03 PM
Usually after sugery they give u some good good good good drugs.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
tericee Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:50:02 PM
I'm glad you're okay, Black Lotus. It would have sucked even more if your appendix had burst before you got to the ER!

Erich with an h Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:44:34 PM
quote:
Mannn you've had it rough lately...huh? The flood, quitting smoking, appendicitis...I hope it only goes up from here!

my mom says that when things are about to get better in your life, and your luck is about to take a turn for the best, your body needs to expel all that is bad from it. So a sign that good things are to come may be hidden in some of the more stressfull and maybe painful periods of your life.

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:40:45 PM
Oh thank god, I thought maybe you were gonna say penis. No more topics that leave me in suspense like that please!!

seriously though, that sucks, I bet it was expensive too. Thats what I hate about emergencies.

Erich with an h Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:35:46 PM
dude, i hope you have a speedy recovery and lots of rest... My mom will be going in for a Gal Bladder removal and a Hernia surgery soon, and so im going to have to stay home durring vaccation and help her out. Feel better soon!

Erich w/ an h
Erichwanh@yahoo.com
The Tim Reynolds Tour and Recording Database
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/06/2002 : 11:22:18 PM
maaaan.. That's rough. How do you get appendicitis anyway? As far as I know I still have my appendix, and my tonsils too, for that matter. I haven't had to donate any large body parts to charity. Well, my wisdom teeth, but that's no biggie for most people. For me, yeah, but not most people.

So I hope you get better soon and feel well. Mannn you've had it rough lately...huh? The flood, quitting smoking, appendicitis...I hope it only goes up from here!

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000