Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 what did u get or give for christmas?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
James M. Posted - 12/25/2001 : 3:32:17 PM
well lets see....i now have enough money to get a DD-5 which ive wanted ever since i found out thats the thing tim uses to do that kick ass solo on ants....i got a crappy delay last year..that held me off till now...so i think thats what ill use some of this money ive recieved to buy..as well as a wireless guitar system...i got 3 packs of strings in my stocking...step into the light the new edition...and a membership to the warehouse..so maybe when concert time rolls around ill get some good seats...and a gift certificate to the local music store...some pretty good gifts if u ask me.....i played christmas song for my family...which they enjoyed..so a very merry christmas...what did u all get..or more importantly..give?
james

21   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 12/28/2001 : 8:13:07 PM
That would make you like that silly guy in the Mighty Mighty Bosstones only you'd be taking it ONE STEP BEYOND(I know that is a Madness quote, but they are both ska bands) Well if you become independently wealthy and want to follow the tour masturbating we are certainly not going to stop you. Keep in mind if you are rich the worst they will call you is eccentric. And we would NEVER laugh at your penis!!(HEHE Woops!) Well we would never laugh out loud at your penis!!(LOL Woops again!) Maybe you should just keep it in your pants in public. I hear there are laws against that. You could always join the Genitorturers, they are always looking for a good penis, although I am afraid you would not like what THEY would do to your penis. Laughing is the least of your worries with that bunch. (HEHE Doah!)Sorry again!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Isaac Posted - 12/28/2001 : 10:03:04 AM
HEHE I could go on tour with you guys as Crazy Isaac the guy who stands on the side of the stage an masturbates during the show! Though I'm not sure anyone would hear TR's guitar over the roaring laughter of a couple hundred people seeing my penis.

Heh Heh eh *sigh*

3----------------------->

Isaac
Fluffy Posted - 12/28/2001 : 02:03:59 AM
Hey Isaac, TR is a big proponent of masturbation. I think he would be happy to know you were "getting off" to his music. On the other hand(no pun inteneded) for you, you may end up with a close association of TR's music and masturbation and that could be quite embarressing for you at the next TR show I see you at(hopefully not masturbating).

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/27/2001 : 6:39:27 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention what I got and gave earlier in the thread.... and I said I didn't like to get stuff. I like to give, but I only do so when I know what I want to get someone, whether it be something they need or something I know they will like. For example, I didn't know anything my middle sister would like, so she didn't get anything. Everyone else did.

My Dad: I drew him a picture that took probably 20 hours...
My Older sister: Another picture, smaller, probably 10 hours....
My Mom: Craftsman SpeedLok with accessories. She makes drapes, and her hands aren't strong enough to twist the chuck on her drill that she uses to make cornice boards and stuff. So she won't have to twist it now, just click it...
My Middle sister: nothing, yet, but I'm drawing her a picture too, cause she said she wanted one.

Ok, a quick list of things I got...by no means complete, but who cares. Money, socks (I asked for those...) a book...well, that's really all. Some other smaller stuff.

But I'm glad that's all I got. This year I got way less than usual, maybe half (including the money bit), and I think this was the best christmas I can remember. And I think that there is a direct positive correlation between the two.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/27/2001 : 12:43:29 PM
quote:

Fluffy - I dunno man, i don't want to accidently make some crazy subconcious association between TR's music and masturbating to naked women stretching on my TV HAHA.

Masturbate till you feel okay, masturbate till your shit goes away, masturbate till you feel a little death, masturbate till you catch your breath.

Masturbate till you feel okay, masturbate till your shit goes away, Masturbate till you free your mind, masturbate to whatever you may find.

Ada,

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Black Lotus Posted - 12/27/2001 : 09:38:59 AM
I think I've seen it all now .... I can die happily.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
Isaac Posted - 12/27/2001 : 09:22:18 AM
Jude - It was a gag gift from a friend of mine.

Lotus - No they're all pretty hot and well trimmed, with varying breast sizes depending on the exercise they're doing.

Fluffy - I dunno man, i don't want to accidently make some crazy subconcious association between TR's music and masturbating to naked women stretching on my TV HAHA.

Isaac
Fluffy Posted - 12/26/2001 : 11:27:52 PM
Hey Isaac, I have a suggestion, Put on the video, turn down the sound and crank up the TR CD of your choice. NOW thats a soundtrack!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/26/2001 : 8:34:04 PM
What I'm wondering is ... is it a bunch of people who need to be doing arobics, or are they hotties?

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
Saint Jude Posted - 12/26/2001 : 4:12:20 PM
Thats fuckin hilarious, probably the funniest thing i heard in a few months.

Who the hell gave u that issac? i seriously hope it wasnt one of your parents, but that would make it funnier still.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Isaac Posted - 12/26/2001 : 2:05:01 PM
Okay you'll never beleive what I got for christmas. Totally Nude Arobics on DVD! Its an hour workout (though ya'll know the only working out i'm doing to that DVD) with this really silly/shitty music in the backround and a whole lot of hot naked chicks. The funny thing is there's a clothed version on the DVD too HAHA.

Isaac
Black Lotus Posted - 12/26/2001 : 1:53:43 PM
What I gave ...
Heart Shaped Diamond Neclace: Wife
Rapture (perfume) Gift Set: Wife
Car Fog Lights: Wife
Mikasa Crystal Clock: Dad & Step Mom
Bady & Body Gift Set: Little Sister
Cake Doctor Book: Older Sister
Autographed Dogma DVD: Brother-in-law
Two-Way Radios: Nephews
Flannel Pajamas: Mom
Engraved Zippo Lighter: Step Dad
.... and the list goes on and on ...

Stuff I received:
New Cordless Drill,
Drill Bits,
Clothes,
Bottles of Wine,
Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas DVD ,
New Faucet for our Kitchen Sink,
Car CD Player
... and some more goodies ...

The gifts were nice, but it was even better to be able to spend time with my families over the weekend and not have to worry about anything else at all. I just hope to get down to VA Beach within the next month or so to see my older sister, brother-in-law and nephews.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
Fluffy Posted - 12/26/2001 : 02:24:08 AM
Good idea! You can bet I will figure out a way to make that thing fit! One way or another. Thanx for the kewl stuff. And by the way I didn't mean all that stuff was Xmas presents, they were just presents I got over the last year!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
tericee Posted - 12/26/2001 : 02:21:08 AM
Fluffy did get all his "kewl" Hawaii stuff just in time for Christmas, but it was mainly because I just happened to be visiting Honolulu during December. If I had been running a marathon there in July, he would have gotten his new shirt as a summer gift. :) He neglected to mention the neato purple puka (no clue how to spell that) shell neklace I sent, but that's probably because it's too small. I'm still trying to figure out a way to make it fit. Fluffy, maybe if you take it to Margaret she can make it fit. She's very creative!

Fluffy Posted - 12/26/2001 : 02:14:43 AM
I understand completely, Jason! If you had recieved a gift from them the guilt would kick in and that is just no good for anyone. Even if they weren't expecting one, you still feel guilty that there was nothing there for them. Like they might be thinking "Where's our present?" Life should be about giving, we shouldn't just relegate it to just a couple of days a year. I think the world would be a much better place if everyone was thinking of everyone else b4 themselves. Can that really be so bad? I think not! Glad to know I am not the only one. Everyone always calls me Scrooge and never quite gets what I am trying to explain. Of course my friends and family understand, but to the rest of the world I am Scrooge or the Grinch. Actually, I wouldn't mind being the Grinch, he is pretty kewl now that I think about it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/26/2001 : 01:28:47 AM
Fluffy, you may have invented your thoughts on gifts where you live, but in my neck of the woods, that was my idea. I've been like that for as long as I can remember. You did, however, put some of it in better words than I've been able to for a long time. That about this holiday being a "stress filled guilt ridden experience" rings so true for me. I actually almost got sick last night (the 24th) because of it. It is hard for me to explain. I do not want people to try to impress me with their gift. I actually had a better christmas this year than I can remember in a long time, and I think (well, I know) I got more this time than I have for as long as I can remember. Some family that I'm just getting to know was in and they gave some gifts and whatnot, and I didn't get one from them, and that just about made my day, if you can imagine. Had they given me one, I would have known that it was just because they felt that they had to, and I would have been unhappy because of it. I'm sure at least Fluffy can understand that... Them not giving me a present was much much better.

It is hard for me to explain all that. But I'm glad at least someone out there views this almost the same way as me. Fluffy, you have the closest opinions about this to me of anyone I've heard. Some others are close, for various reasons, but ours are the same, and for basically and almost the same reasons.

Just thought I'd share that.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
pcbTIM Posted - 12/26/2001 : 12:52:13 AM
I got a Samick SW-260 twelve string. It is completely black. It's so cool. I wish I could post pics but I don't have the knowledge....wait...I have a friend with a digital camera! Maybe I'll post the pics one day.

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/25/2001 : 11:51:37 PM
I got my sister these kick ass slippers from Old Navy. It was kind of like Fluffy was saying, I was in Old Navy, and the slippers just jumped out at me as something she'd love.......though I was also on the xmas deadline. But at least it wasn't a meaningless gift just so I would be done with my shopping :) I got my sis's fiancee the Kirk Hammett collectable figurine from the Spawn.com Metallica series. Kirk is his idol, and he seemed to really like the gift...even though he's 25..hehe.

The most meaningful thing I did this year though was for my dad. My family has had a lot of problems lately, and my dad is blamed for most of it. Whether it's his fault or not, I love the guy, and I'm willing to see past a kind of bad time in his life, while the rest of my family really aren't.
My sister is getting married next spring, and she asked my mom and I if dad would be terribly upset if she didn't have him walk her down the aisle. That pissed me off to no end, because I know that will kill him, and it's really un called for.
Anyway, the gift I got him, was a gift certificate to this really great cook-your-own-steak place here in town. It's like my dad's favorite restaurant. But, it wasn't the certificate, it was the way I gave it to him. I gave him the $25 certificate, and said "The only catch is, we have to go together, you and I, like a guy's night out type thing" He seemed really happy with it. And it really is somethign I've wanted to do for a long time, go out just he and I, because we haven't done that in so long.

Anyway, now that I've told you my life story...I'm done :)

As far as what I got, I almost forgot hehe. This year, for some reason, it was a lot more about the giving, which I guess it is supposed to be. I got $25 gift cards to old navy and best buy from my sister and her fiancee. Those'll be gone tomorrow by noon! And 500 bucks from my grandma, which will make up for all the money I spent this year!! And clothes and money from everyone else.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Saint Jude Posted - 12/25/2001 : 8:52:18 PM
I got the DL-4 Digital Delay! This thing is shweet.

Now i've gotta head back to it.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2001 : 8:41:35 PM
In case you are wondering some of the kewl stuff I got this year was:

Tim Rew:stuffed animal of the 3 headed dog Fluffy from Harry Potter
My sister:A new car(she actually gave it to me last Xmas but I
think it carries over to this Xmas, HEHE) She has also gotten me some DVD's for my new laptop and a GREAT purple Hawaaian shirt from her trip to Hawaii.
My mom and dad:They ended up springing for the new laptop I had to buy while on tour in LA when I set my hair on fire and mine old laptop died. What a bad day! Dad also got me an autographed Kinky Friedman record with Ron Wood on it. He is one of my alltime faves.
Best Friend Frank and Mags: they got me a new purple suitcase. I used it on my trip to Jon Soldos house.
Tim and Diane:They got me a Luche Libre Mexican wrestling mask which you will see pictures of when the new tour photos get posted. Rew also got one. His was silver, Mine was.....(surprise surprise)PURPLE!
Ed my roomie:He got me a Statue of Fluffy the 3 headed dog and a baseball cap from Tomahawk(the band) It has a bastardization of the Cleveland Indians logo on it and he knows I collect stuff with derogatory Indian references.
JonSoldo: He got me a floppy brimmed camouflage hat(that I was having a hard time finding) that matches my pants. There is a picture of the pants and the hat on the website. By the way, Its a purple camouflage pattern.

Are we seeing a pattern here with the purple. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2001 : 8:27:02 PM
Not to be the SCROOGE around here. But I do not give "XMAS" presents. I give presents to people and friends all year long. I have always hated the concept of having to get a present for someone because it is Xmas or their Bday. I prefer to get presents for people as I find them and just give them to them. "Hey, I saw this kewl thing and it made me think of you or I thought you would like it." I feel when you go out looking for a xmas present you end up getting them something just because you are on a deadline and they will not necessarily get the best possible present. Plus I hate that people only think about giving at these predermined holidays. Stop what you are doing and think about others. I think we should be thinking about others all the time, not just on their bdays and xmas. I think the presents mean more if they come out of the blue for no other reason than to say I was thinking of you. See I don't only think of you when I have to. I am thinking about you always. It has taken alot of time for friends and family to get used to this policy of mine, but they have over time and I think they really think it is kewl. You get presents from Fluffy year round. WhoooooHOOO! On the other side of that, I always felt guilty when people gave me presents at xmas and my bday especially. Did they really want to give it to me or did they feel like they HAD to get it for me. I would rather get a gift that I know came from the heart and it lets me know they were thinking about me for no particular reason. Means more. It was actually that guilt that led to my gift giving policy which started in 5th grade when I told my parents no more birthdays for me.It was becoming a stress filled guilt ridden experience and I wanted no part of it. My parents and family have had alot of time to get used to it and it seems to work very well for us. I just prefer to think about the people I care about year round and show them I was thinking about them any old time I feel like it. Plus you end up with better presents. You never give or get that lame ass present that was acquired because you were out of time to find something. So to sum it up they mean more and you get better presents and you get presents year round. What a great idea. Wish I had thought of it. OH WAIT, I DID!!! HEHE Hope everyone had a great holiday and got everything they wanted. Peace to ALL!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000