Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 pearl jam....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ddupree Posted - 12/23/2001 : 9:22:50 PM
i just downloaded an atlanta show from '94 and i honestly can say i forgot how great this band truly is. i haven't really followed up on any of their stuff as of late. but i just wanted to say that most of us (me!) have looked over this band. eddie vedder's lyrics have so much emotion in them. so go back and "rediscover" this great band. or go to gdlive.com, then misc. mp3's and check out some pearl jam stuff.

dusty

42   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 06/02/2007 : 10:54:04 AM
quote:
Originally posted by gnome44

WHOA! I usually find these kinds of things marginally funny...but I was cracking up watching this! HAHA!

Make me fries...
gnome44 Posted - 06/02/2007 : 09:08:20 AM
WHOA! I usually find these kinds of things marginally funny...but I was cracking up watching this! HAHA!
Fluffy Posted - 06/01/2007 : 4:15:04 PM
Found this to be absolutely hysterical......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xLd22ha_-VU

ENJOY!!!
PJK Posted - 12/07/2002 : 1:30:10 PM
Watch out Jason....looks like you have an admirer.

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.....better stay away from Fluffy altogether....seems it's more than towels he uses!

And may I remind him of the topic....Pearl Jam.....hummmmmm!
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/07/2002 : 1:17:06 PM
ewwwwwwwwww ....
Fluffy Posted - 12/07/2002 : 06:47:19 AM
for enthuTIMsiast:

Or should I say, "When I come across it, you will see it."
Fluffy Posted - 12/06/2002 : 04:50:27 AM
Evergreen asked:
quote:
Did we ever see a picture of the Dirty Frank T-shirt?
The question is better stated as, "Did you FIND the T-shirt so we can see it?" NOPE, when I find it, you guys will be the first to see it.(after me of course, HEHE)
Evergreen Posted - 12/05/2002 : 09:48:04 AM
Did we ever see a picture of the Dirty Frank T-shirt?

I don't know if anyone has heard the new release, but its FANtastic.
I also heard from my friend in seattle who says an upcoming tour is planned. I've been wanting to follow a band around for a while again like I used to do with the Dead and Primus. Good choice for that. A groupie, I wanna be a PJ groupie!

I'd like to create a new job description. I'd like to be a wellness coordinator for certain bands on the road. Make sure everyone is taking their vitamins and eating organically grown foods, making Grandmoms jam. Ensuring there are no overdoses or alcohol poisoning. Anything involving keeping healthy while living the crazy life. Ed Ved needs me.
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 11:19:25 PM
Great news!! Can't wait, I was wondering what they had been up to. Thanx for the info.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 04:32:28 AM
TTT since this thread covers alot of BRAD info and that subject has recently been brought back up. I hope I get to see them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 09/09/2002 : 01:51:09 AM
People who don't share the same view tend to view others views as over-the-top, excessive or obsessive. They don't understand because they can't relate so to them it is strange. Around these parts I think you will find very few of us who think you are any more obsessive about music than any of us. In fact, I have heard people argue on this board over who is a bigger fan. HEHE We are proud of our obsessive compulsive behavior. We are a strange, wonderful bunch!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
SourGirl Posted - 09/04/2002 : 12:24:17 PM
I don't think I'm obsessed at all, I didn't go to the funeral, believe me if I could have I would've went. The people here are just not into good music so when they see someone like me, they tend to think that.

Fluffy Posted - 09/03/2002 : 10:00:48 PM
I don't know if you are truly obsessed or not, but did you go to the funeral. If not you are probably not TOO obsessed. Of course that is just my opinion, I could be wrong. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
SourGirl Posted - 09/03/2002 : 1:49:27 PM
Thanx Fluffy,its good to see that I'm not the only one who loves Mad Season and AIC. Around here people think I'm too obsessed.

Fluffy Posted - 09/02/2002 : 7:43:08 PM
Hey Sourgirl, I too was a big Mad Season fan. Here is a link to a post I did as a tribute. I also brought it back up to the top so you could see it.

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1641

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
SourGirl Posted - 09/02/2002 : 1:36:41 PM
I really like PJ, altho' for a while I quit listenig to them because they were so overpayed here it wasn't even funny. But I am recently back to listeningto them. The yield album is amazing. I love the song Wish List. And Isaac I seen them do The Long Road and I did cry it was awesome. And Mad Season is one of my favs, probably because I love Layne Stayley but we won't go into that.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 09/02/2002 : 10:14:23 AM
Only in relation to Silky. He rents his.

Fluffy Posted - 09/01/2002 : 2:59:20 PM
dirtysloth said:
quote:
and they said something like, "By all means, just don't sell them."

Sounds familiar, as does a comment/joke listed above that reared it's ugly head again recently. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/31/2002 : 1:11:26 PM
I understand B&P. I also understand that when someone produces an album to sell, they usually want to SELL it. Maybe I'm misunderstanding. I know they encourage trading. But these are things that they are selling!!

And are these good tapings? or are they like a lot of the shows I get, kinda crappy quality? I mean if they are soundboard and all that, that'd be great. And I think lots and lots of artists should do that.

Also, if they aren't really trying to sell them, why don't they just make about 10 discs and send them to really great traders so they can tree them or something.

So many questions..

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Fluffy Posted - 01/31/2002 : 04:34:02 AM
B&P my friend, get 60 of your closest PJ friends to each buy one and then start trading. Badabing!!! 60 for the price of 1!!!

(DISCLAIMER: I am in no way advocating this kind of behavior or practice, I would not want ole Fred "limpdick" Durst or Garth Brooks on my ass for suggesting you actually do something that would take money out of the starving artists pockets. They would much rather take the money out of the starving consumers pockets, but, I think it is unrealistic to imagine anyone buying 60 different live recordings of the same band from 1 tour.)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/30/2002 : 12:39:50 PM
Nope nothing against PJ. Don't listen to them much, but I've nothing against them. I think they record all their concerts and sell them, don't they? That's both cool and unfortunate. Cool because you'll definately be able to get a good copy of any show you went to. Unfortunate because if you are really into them, and you want to have all their cds or whatever, you would be SOL cause that would cost a fortune, even if the cds are only 8 or 9$ each.

-Jason-

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/28/2002 : 6:13:04 PM
quote:

...next time I COME ACROSS IT, I will take a pic and post it.

Jeez..even my perverted jokes are vastly beyond all of your intellectual capabilities.

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 01/28/2002 : 4:11:00 PM
Actually, most people might not care, but dirtysloth seems to have shown some interest in my Dirty Frank t-shirt, so I thought he might like to see this one as well. If we post it nobody HAS to look who does not want to see it.

DirtySloth, maybe I will just email you pics of them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 01/28/2002 : 1:16:52 PM
quote:

...next time I come across it, I will take a pic and post it.

Now really, Fluffy, that's not something we need to see, now is it?

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 01/28/2002 : 11:20:46 AM
DING DING DING(bells and whistles, ballons, and champagne)

CORRECT!!! PJ was sued by both the NBA and Mookie, they were so bummed. The only reason they called themselves that was as a tribute. They were all big basketball and MB fans. Still their very first T-shirt had a pic of Mookie on it. I have one of those as well. Those actually came out b4 "Ten" when they were still showcasing in NYC. Again, next time I come across it, I will take a pic and post it.

We return now to our regularly scheduled program.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/28/2002 : 05:59:58 AM
Quick Trivia:

Does anyone know where the name Pearl Jam came from?

Does anyone know what there name was b4 Pearl Jam?

Give you a hint on the 2nd one:NOT Mother Love Bone, after MLB, after Eddie Vedder joined.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/27/2002 : 02:00:05 AM
I don't know if the Fastback's drummer toured with them, but I bet he did. They are pretty tight with that bunch. can't imagine he was on the album and didn't tour with them. I will have to see if I can find out.

I also posted this message in another post and realized it should probably be in this thread as well so here it is for your perusal:
quote:
I have a PJ Dirty Frank T-shirt, the band tells me it is quite RARE and valuable. There were very few made and when they got sued they had to destroy the rest of them. So they only sold a few of them since no one really knew what it meant or about the song Dirty Frank. Surprise Surprise PJ fans didn't want a tour shirt dripping in blood. I did, I got one. According to the band I am one of the only people who got one. No one in the band even got to keep one. I think that is pretty KEWL.
It is PJ related, so it probably will get seen by more PJ fans under this thread than the other one.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/26/2002 : 3:10:03 PM
Wow that REALLY kewl about the Fastbacks drummer. I also have a couple of CD's by them. I had no idea there was any connection. I just love it when that happens. So KEWL!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/25/2002 : 09:54:11 AM
Yes the show I saw was also a super secret affair. Although i did not happen by by accident. I knew who they were and was quite excited. Like a giddy little schoolgirl(who would not scream at or sleep with the band)! I was actually working at the club the nite they played. It was an awesome show. I talked to the other guy(who's name unfortunately escapes me now) for a good while. It turned out he had been in another band I liked called TRIBE. It was really kewl to discover that fact out. SYNCHRONICITY I call it. 1 band I love tied to another band I love and I discovered them seperately. I love it when that happems.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Evergreen Posted - 01/25/2002 : 09:40:12 AM
Three Fish another band I stumbled on by accident on a trip to Montreal. I went up the night they were playing and discovered they were playing 2 hours before the show! The best part was.....No one new it was Jeff from PJ( according to the club manager) and there were many many tickets left in a small intimate club. The place was "empty"(in Montreal that means about 100 people were there) and it was almost like a personal show! Geez and such good music. Hey no screaming "Eddie will you do me" in the crowd either! Surprise surprise!

EVERGREEN 143
Fluffy Posted - 01/25/2002 : 09:07:38 AM
Or Stone's other side project BRAD, who I was fortunate enuf to see 3 times. Awesome!!!!! Unfortunately he only played with them at 1 of the 3 shows. He was actually on the record but didn't tour with them except the 1 time. I guess I shouldn't really call it his project. He just plays in the band. He is listed on the album as a member on the first album. (I think)
quote:
"Don't quote me on that!"

B4 some smartass does it, NAAAAAAAA I already did it. As I typed it, it crossed my mind how I was asking for it. So I beat you to the punch! "I quoted my own quote that I didn't want quoted!" END QUOTE

Hey wasn't Don Quote that guy who chased windmills?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 5:37:32 PM
Three Fish ROCK! I got to see them live. It was way kewl!! That album came and went totally unnoticed. Kinda like TR. What a shame. I actually have it on vinyl as well. Did you know Jeff was a vinyl collector. He has been by the record store a few times shopping for vinyl. Mostly jazz. He is really kewl. Actually all of them are really nice, down to earth guys. That EV guy is a little quiet, again, kinda like TR. And so it goes!! Get that Stone Gossard CD. If you like 3Fish, you will like this one as well. You obviously don't need it to sound like PJ for you to enjoy it. Glad I could pass on some helpful advice. LMK what you think when you get it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Fluffy Posted - 01/24/2002 : 04:34:31 AM
Has anyone heard the new Stone Gossard solo CD "Bayleaf"?? Track 6 sounds just like Neil Young. Stone doing a wicked Neil impression. Even gets his guitar to sound just like Neils. All dirty. It is way kewl. The rest of the CD reminds me of a cross between 2 of my other FAVE bands. The Hand and The Wrens. The Hand if you remember became Johnny Society, who are also awesome, and we played a show with them. I was in heaven. Those guys were really nice. I don't know if you guys are familiar but main accompaniast on the record is a guy named Pete Droge, another of my faves. I would highly recommend checking it out. You will have to be open-minded, don't go any expecting PJ. But some of the guitar work is AWESOME!! As you would expect.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Evergreen Posted - 01/22/2002 : 1:09:46 PM
Isn't it amazing how they do everyone elses songs better. Like Sittin on the Dock of the Bay, Everyday People, The Kid's are All Right, My Generation, Rockin in the Free World, Baba O'Riley, Light My Fire, Love Me Two Times, Break on Through, Beast of Burden, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, Plush, Cortez the Killer, Powderfinger.
Man the list is endless.
I won't go into a critique on their own songs cause it'll be huge, but lets just say...there isn't one that sucks!
It's nice to see so many other PJ fans here

EVERGREEN 143
Isaac Posted - 01/04/2002 : 09:17:12 AM
I've downloaded an MP3 of Pearl Jam doing Plush but the one I had was just mislabled and actually STP.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Dave S Posted - 01/03/2002 : 10:51:04 PM
My personal PJ fave is their STP cover of Plush. Great song, great band, anyone else heard that?

Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2002 : 4:35:51 PM
I thought with all the talk of MerkinBall and such, it would be a good time to bring this back to the top.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jamie M Posted - 12/27/2001 : 2:01:45 PM
Unfortunately I could only listen to that on radio, but still a great version.

The best thing about Pearl Jam is probably their live performance. For me, they don't have many songs that I really love, but as a whole, their songs are so consistently good, and improved when played live, that a concert is really amazing.
Thanks to my sister, I got to see them in 2nd row in Toronto! Amazing experience.

Isaac Posted - 12/27/2001 : 09:28:47 AM
Yeah Pearl Jam is wonderful, they're heading back into the studio sometime in January for the last album their contractually bound to make for their label. I hope they decided to stick together after.

I thought Binaural was a fucking amazing album but it got shit on, and Yeild *ULGH* don't even get me started on how great Yeild was. It really chaps my ass when people tell me PJ hasn't done anything good since Vitology they are seriously one of the best and most enduring bands of the 90's they've consistantly fucked around with their formula and everytime it just keeps sounding better and better.

Speaking of which did anyone see Eddie, Mike and Neil Young perform "The Long Road" at the Trubute To Heros? That was such an amazing performance of a wonderful song, just about brings me to tears.

3----------------------->

Isaac
Fluffy Posted - 12/26/2001 : 11:59:43 PM
Gotta give them big KUDOS for refusing to make more videos. That is pretty ballsy! Imagine you are the biggest band in the country and you say, "Hey record company, We don't want to make another video!" Most bands would be threated and throttled for such a statement. As with all of their causes PJ sticks by there guns. I really respect that. They will make a video when they wanna make a video. No videos just to support the single or album. That is so kewl!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Jamie M Posted - 12/26/2001 : 11:19:47 PM
I have to agree they have been incredibly overlooked by many. They were once the biggest band in America(though I was too young to realize that). The reason they seemed to disappear is cause that's what they wanted. They must have realized how much they were overplayed and didn't want to see that happen again, and it hasn't.
But they've hardly been forgotten. Pearl Jam still has a huge fan base. I'm looking forward to the new album they're making this winter.

Fluffy Posted - 12/24/2001 : 05:00:36 AM
Hey Dusty, I am right there with you on this one. I listened to TEN the other day and had forgotten what a mindblowing record that was. it was so overplayed when it got discovered by MTV i couldn't listen to it for a long time. They were everywhere then, you couldn't get away from them. I tend to get tired of anything(even things I love) if they are overplayed and over hyped. PJ is worthy of the hype in my book. Just hate to see it happen. I think we have a few PJ fans lurking in our message board. I bet they show themselves soon. This is a topic I think they will be very excited to see. In Pearl Jams own words..."OOOOOOOOOOO, I'm still ALIVE!"

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000