Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Tips on growing long hair?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 12/20/2001 : 12:33:24 AM
I remember when Fluffy tried to commit suicide by burning himself alive, you guys were giving tips on how to grow his hair back, I remember someone saying certain vitamins help? I'm thinking about growing mine long.

10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 12/21/2001 : 03:00:59 AM
Ok, simply put, believe it or not. When hair gets longer the ends get more damaged. The more damaged the ends get, the more it breaks off. So if you have it trimmed every once in a while it keeps the ends healthy and your hair grows longer. They say it is good to have it trimmed every 6 months. Maybe like 1/2 inch to a couple of inches, depending on how good you take care of it. After cutting off the dead, breaking or splitting endz your hair will grow from that point more healthy and longer. IN THEORY. I do know a little about this. I have also learned that FIRE is not a good way to promote hair growth or a very positive attitude. Regular hair trims work much better and they are not such a shock to your system or sanity.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/21/2001 : 01:44:00 AM
And dangit, I don't know why, but everytime I see this thread in the topics, I thikn it says "Tim's growing long hair?" I know it's not even all that close. Maybe it's my dislexic delusional self kicking in....

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/21/2001 : 01:42:23 AM
I agree Saint Jude. It makes no sense at all. I mean, if hair was alive, then it could at least make reverse sense. But since hair isn't alive, then it seems like that would make as much sense as cutting the legs off my desk would make them grow faster...

Yet however much sense it doesn't make, I believe it to be completely true, and yes, that's from personal experience.

But I can't explain it. Maybe I'll figure it out and get back to everyone on this one. Some sluething.

-Jason-

Saint Jude Posted - 12/21/2001 : 12:59:49 AM
quote:
Actually, if you cut your hair, it grows faster.

I still refuse to accept that as true... it just dosent make any sence to me. Why would it grow faster if you cut it? I dont get it at all.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Fluffy Posted - 12/21/2001 : 12:32:18 AM
quote:
Probably the best way to grow long hair is not to cut it :)
Hey Black Lotus, Glad to see I am not the only smart ass. I was already to type this when I saw your answer. Good Answer!! Although, seriously, trimming it once in a while does help. Burning it off on the other hand does not! DOAH!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/20/2001 : 12:21:26 PM
I trimmed my sister's hair on the new moon. Her hair grows so fast anyway that it doesn't matter. And not just crappy frazzled (or fraggled) hair. Nice, beautiful hair. A trait that runs in my family.

So I can't wait to get my hair back....:(

Soon, my son, soon.

-Jason-

Black Lotus Posted - 12/20/2001 : 10:18:54 AM
Probably the best way to grow long hair is not to cut it :)

Actually, if you cut your hair, it grows faster. So, a nice trim once every few weeks or so would probably help as well. I'm in the same process of letting mine grow out again - I got the job, now they can't get rid of me ... mwahahahhaah!

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
LizT Posted - 12/20/2001 : 10:05:40 AM
Kevin, your body is your temple. Eat healthy and give it plenty of TIMe. Vitamins won't hurt, but don't take them in excess! I've been told if you get your hair cut or trimmed on a full moon, that's suppose to help it grow. I've had the opportunity to assist in delivering babies in Amish country. They tell me the cycles of the moon are part of their culture related to farming. Sounds very convincing. It was quite an experience with the Amish people...
Jay Posted - 12/20/2001 : 09:16:28 AM
MY english teacher quit his job and went rock climbing...yesterday he came back to visit his former students, with eight inches of hair and about a five inch beard....i guess he just let the stuff grow....
just thought i'd share that

Jay
Have you ever been eating pistachios, and you get a real rotten one? That is the nastiest tasting thing on this planet, let me tell you what..
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/20/2001 : 01:54:44 AM
Yup, that was me. I want to say that it's folic acid, but I'll have to check with my sister to be sure. I'll get back to you on this one.

By the way, I'm doing the same thing (growing my hair back out). It was long (ponytail length) and I cut it in the vain attempt to be attractive to potential employers. Xnay on the ObJay, if you know what I mean.

I'll find out about the vitamins, tho.

-Jason-

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000