Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Guitar TIMe

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jsoldo Posted - 12/19/2001 : 8:05:12 PM
Hey all, I picked up my new electric about 2 weeks ago. THIS THING ROCKS! Its a 1968 Gibson Les Paul Custom Re-Issue, the coolest part is that its in Iquana Burst Quilt Top! I have never seen another Les Paul like it. Just thought Id share my early Christmas gift with you guys! I posted some pics below:

http://www.timreynolds.com/images/les_paul.html
(enjoy!)

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
babatunji Posted - 01/07/2002 : 07:26:02 AM
Now, that's what i call a beauty! Musta set ya back a pretty penny.
Actually, I'd love a pair of go-go boots in that colour!

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/25/2001 : 11:57:37 PM
Steve has a tendency to show up in movies you wouldn't expect him in. Just like that Adam Sandler movie (Billy Madison). The Big Lebowski has got to be one of my like 3 favorite all time movies. John Goodman is hilarious in that too.

"What the fuck does ANYTHING have to do with Vietnam?"

"Well there's no LITERAL connection, Dude"

Adam

There's a lot more to music than notes on a page.

I am Ion, the priest of the inner sanctuary. I submit myself to an unendurable torment. I dismembered myself, and I have become spirit.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
MoonHawk Posted - 12/25/2001 : 9:25:29 PM
That is a great custom! I have a black custom 2000. It plays like a dream. Just got a new Martin. It has agreat sound . What kind of accustic do you have?

Not to touch the earth
Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2001 : 8:10:49 PM
Both of those are great! I almost mentioned Fargo in my "black comedies" post. Another perfect example. Buscemi is the man. He is great in whatever no matter how big the part.I just saw him in a bit part in a Adam Sandler movie where AS called an old high school person he had picked on in high school and said he was sorry. SB was the guy who had a long list of people to kill on the wall and crossed off AS when he called and apologized. His whole scene was like less than a minute long but he is just Sooo GREAT!! Sooo Funny! Ya know, TR has a cat named "DUDE" named after The Big Lebowski. Eura mentions DUDE in her song at the end of Nomadic Wavelength.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/25/2001 : 6:49:35 PM
Steve B. is great too. Did you see the Big Lebowski? He wasn't really a main character in that, but seeing his name reminded me of it. Loved him in Fargo too.

Adam

Fluffy Posted - 12/25/2001 : 01:31:13 AM
quote:
"I got a salami i gotta hide"

Well don't put it in the CD player Jon, like the bologna. Geez! was that hard to clean up. It think the salami might break it.(I have seen your salami!)

I think Rushmore is more aptly called a "black comedy" in the vein of "Harold and Maude" I am a big fan of "black comedies" I like that they are funny on one level but kinda serious and dark on another. It usually happens when you try to put a humorous spin on a very serious subject. The viewer is trying not to laugh because it just seems like you probably shouldn't but you really can't help it. I really dig them. Another really funny one if you are a Steve Buscemi fan is Ed and His Dead Mother. http://us.imdb.com/Title?0106792 That is a link to it if you want to have a closer look. I am also a huge SB fan. He is also amazing in everything he is in like Bill Murray and Jason Lee.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/24/2001 : 10:10:37 PM
I didn't like Rushmore when I first saw it. I didn't think it was a very funny comedy. I don't think a lot of people even think it's a comedy, because it's not very damn funny at times, its almost serious hehe.

Bill falling over the fence is pretty damn funny.

"They're OR scrubs"

"Oh ARE they?"

I love Groundhog Day too!!

Adam

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/24/2001 : 2:19:20 PM
evolution, my friend, evolution.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
jsoldo Posted - 12/24/2001 : 1:30:54 PM
So Bill Murray got a new Les Paul or something??

"I got a salami i gotta hide"

Peace On Earth
Jon
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/24/2001 : 12:28:14 PM
Groundhog Day has been one of my favorite movies for as long as I can remember. That's just a really funny one to me. But really, I think I like that because I think it would be cool to have that opportunity to live everyday over and again, then eventually do like Bill Murray does and get really good at everything. I mean, piano, come on, who wouldn't love to be a George Winston on that? And you could get really good on a geetar...so much stuff that you could do....

That's just a great movie. I might even watch that sometime soon...

-Jason-

Fluffy Posted - 12/24/2001 : 05:47:42 AM
I have seen and own EVERY Bill Murray movie ever released. He is truly one of the great comic geniuses and one of my all time fave actors. I never fail to laugh at him in anything he is in. He can even take a bad movie and make it great, as in the case of RUSHMORE. Would not have been a good movie with any other actor but with Bill Murray it was awesome. Groundhog Day is another of my fave Bill movies. He pulls off that character so well. You love him you hate him you laugh at him. What more could you want?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
pcbTIM Posted - 12/24/2001 : 03:51:12 AM
Rushmore sucked. The only redeeming part of that entire movie was when Bill Murray fell over the fence. That was hilarious.

I also really liked Groundhog Day. After watching it twice, you feel like you've watched it ten times. I lost that tape. Damn!

Dave S Posted - 12/23/2001 : 11:39:28 PM
Dusty, maybe you could look into taping his next show? It's killing me to hear someone talk up some great guitar player, and then have no way to hear him...

And Jon, nice axe...very unique...goes well with the line 6 =D

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/23/2001 : 9:58:31 PM
Stripes, Ghostbusters and What About Bob are my favorite bill murray movies. I liked him in Scrooged too. Actually Bill Murray is great in anything he's in.

Have you ever seen Rushmore?

Adam

Fluffy Posted - 12/23/2001 : 04:37:34 AM
How observant Jason, and big Kudos to GuitarGuy for catching the Stripes reference.(One of my Fave movies and one of my fave Bill Murray movies, although I like What About Bob a little bit better) Silky may have to watch out, you may be giving him a run for his money. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/22/2001 : 10:33:08 PM
I wondered whose toe that was. And I saw the guitar in the setlist page too. The paper rested on it...

-Jason-

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/22/2001 : 10:27:14 PM
I saw your big toe!!!

Sgt. Hulka, isn't that from Stripes?? Damn thats a great Bill Murray movie.

Adam

Fluffy Posted - 12/21/2001 : 02:38:07 AM
Hey Jon, The pics look great! Looks better in person though. I like that you can see my big toe in the 3rd and 4th pics down. Gives that personal touch. Jon's new guitar and Fluffy's Big Toe. Just like Sgt Hulka. Our newest and bestest BIG TOE!!!

Silky, looking in your direction for a response to my obscure movie reference.

you can also catch a glimpse of Jon's new baby in the setlist pics for the 2nd leg of the tour, if you look REAL close!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
ddupree Posted - 12/20/2001 : 9:04:59 PM
hey, i'm sorry to say there is nothing on the web for you to hear of him. as i said he is a country man and plays in local bands from southern ga. it's really funny b/c he is small like tim (tall wise) and he can play the hell out of a guitar. he plays left handed by the way. i wish i had something to let ya'll hear. he figured out "have yourself a merry little christmas" this past weekend, it was kind of like tim's "come together" where every word has a chord ya know? he just blows me away with what he can do. i really wish i had something to let ya'll hear.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/20/2001 : 7:01:54 PM
Yeah, Jon, that is a bad geetar.

And good to see you back on here Dusty. Did you ever get a copy of that show from Atlanta?

-Jason-

dirtysloth Posted - 12/20/2001 : 6:15:20 PM
Oh and yes that is an awesome guitar Jon! Without a doubt, I am very very very very jealous.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
dirtysloth Posted - 12/20/2001 : 6:13:49 PM
Yeah, if there's no way we could find any of his stuff on the net it'd be really cool if you could let us hear some of it. Anybody who's up there with Tim is definitely worth a listen!

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 12/20/2001 : 2:47:58 PM
quote:

My girlfriend's uncle has been playing for about thiry yrs. and he has a 1962 les paul that he bought when he was 14. (he bought it for 350 bucks!) it's got a "golden" finish on it and he got it "appraised" and he said it was worth like five grand or something. He is a fender man now and has eight telecasters. he is a country guy and tracy byrd(that country singer) asked him to play on tour with him. It's a bold statement but i'd have to say he is up there with tim, even though their styles are much different.

Hey, whats his name Dusty?

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

LizT Posted - 12/20/2001 : 08:18:35 AM
Merry Christmas JON! She's a beauty!!! I did see your reflection, very cool pics! You deserve it man!
ddupree Posted - 12/19/2001 : 11:09:37 PM
hey jon. thats a very nice guitar. My girlfriend's uncle has been playing for about thiry yrs. and he has a 1962 les paul that he bought when he was 14. (he bought it for 350 bucks!) it's got a "golden" finish on it and he got it "appraised" and he said it was worth like five grand or something. He is a fender man now and has eight telecasters. he is a country guy and tracy byrd(that country singer) asked him to play on tour with him. It's a bold statement but i'd have to say he is up there with tim, even though their styles are much different. i always let him listen to Tim when i see him and i gave him the stanhope show from 2000 for a christmas present. His comments on Tim " That guy knows what he's doing."

Merry Christmas to all.

dusty

jsoldo Posted - 12/19/2001 : 11:01:14 PM
PS - did anyone notice im giving the peace sign into the pickup relfection? and two more pics down u can see fluffy taking the picture and me leaning over in the reflection of the tuners, looks all fish eyed, pretty sweet photo

Peace On Earth
Jon
jsoldo Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:59:06 PM
Ill take some pictures of my setup and post em, i got:
DD5, Super Phaser, Metal Zone, Morley Wah/Volume, DL5, and some other nonsense, and right now im playing through a loner fender princeton 112 plus, fender amps sounds pretty dam sweet but im gonna pickup a marshall tube amp over the summer when my wallet grows back :)

Peace On Earth
Jon
Black Lotus Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:55:55 PM
Jon, you lucky bastard. I would give a testicle for that guitar.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
sam Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:02:11 PM
very very nice! have fun with it!!!
i also have the line6 echo unit-really like it
what amp you do use
sam

dan p. Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:01:26 PM
dude, that's a nice guitar. i just broke mine. put hole right in it. i stepped on the chord when it was plugged in. pulled out the jack and some wires, breaking right through the pickguard. it was an '85 gibson sonex 180 deluxe

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Evergreen Posted - 12/19/2001 : 9:42:00 PM
WOW!!!!!WOW!!!!!WOW!!!!!
That is one of the nicest Les Paul's I've ever seen I dont know about anyone else. I've been to alot of guitar shows and that one is right up there with the finest. I dont even play and I'm all a quiver. Wonder what the musicians on the board are thinking.....I bet the sound of it makes your eyes roll back in your head.
You go JON...How about a warm up performance before a TR show
We wanna hear it
We wanna hear it

EVERGREEN 143

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000