Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 ARGH!!!! F*CK WINDOWS!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Black Lotus Posted - 12/18/2001 : 1:54:42 PM
Ok, so I'm here at work ... programming my little ass off. I'm writing an application that has this slick ass Active X control for forecasting that I built.

Well, about 1 hour into modifying the control to do what I need it to do, MY DAMN COMPUTER BLUE SCREENED! I hate NT. Anyway, I figure there's probably a hidden backup copy somewhere. My most recient copy in Source Safe is about 1 hour old, that's no help.

So, as I reboot the computer and proceed to log in, a messag appears "Low on Virtual Memory" - I click OK. Then, another message "Low on Registry Quota" - I hit OK with a silent, but contained fury.

I finally get logged in, find the hidden file with my changes (yes, MS did something good here - created a hidden backup - all office and visual studio apps do this in the event that the OS pukes, which is about five times a day).

I proceed to load up the VBP file into Visual Studio and BLAMMO! Blue screened again. I'm now on my 5th consecutive attempt to open this file, perhaps the hour that I wasted trying to open it - I could have just recoded the changes. Call me stubborn.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Black Lotus Posted - 12/29/2001 : 12:29:16 PM
I'm running XP Professional here at home, just had a few minor issues that I was able to fix by hacking the registry :)

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!

For more information, visit: http://www.freepeltier.org
pcbTIM Posted - 12/29/2001 : 02:19:40 AM
thanks a lot. The worst part of the whole thing was that it disabled some of the cool features that came with my mouse on my laptop. I could drag my finger across the top part to the left and it would go back to the previous page on the internet. And moving it to the right would bring me a page forward. I could also drag my finger down the right side and it would scroll down the page. It made me soooo lazy. But when I first got it, I didn't know of its capabilities so whenever I brushed my palm across the mouse, it would go back a page and would confuse the hell out of me. But now I just miss it.

David Kludt Posted - 12/29/2001 : 02:08:55 AM
pcbTIM Posted - 12/29/2001 : 01:07:16 AM
Has anyone else updated their computer to the Windows XP yet. It is so weird. The atmosphere makes you feel like you're at Disneyland. Everything's blown out of proportion and has fancy colors. There's also these little things like the new icons for everything: from my briefcase to the favorites pic on the internet. I want the Millenium edition one back. Can I downgrade?

Isaac Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:49:40 AM
Hey now computers are our friends. Its not the operating system's fault you don't have a big enough swap file (well actually it is) or that you don't have enough ram. Bitch to your boss and make him get you a new computer, and a raise while your at it.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Black Lotus Posted - 12/19/2001 : 10:41:50 AM
quote:

I know EXACTLY how you feel, same thing happened to me while writing a long ass research paper. I actually got so pissed that I punched the light bulb over my desk and destroyed a good 4th of my room.

Unfortunately, I'm at work ... had I been at home, things would have been destroyed.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
KevinLesko Posted - 12/18/2001 : 6:39:39 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel, same thing happened to me while writing a long ass research paper. I actually got so pissed that I punched the light bulb over my desk and destroyed a good 4th of my room.

Black Lotus Posted - 12/18/2001 : 4:20:45 PM
It's a DAMN good thing I can't open a window here on the 11th floor, or my computer would be spread out across the street below.

-----------------------

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000