Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
David Kludt Posted - 12/14/2001 : 11:57:15 PM
22   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 12/28/2001 : 01:56:46 AM
Jason, it is the system that I have a problem with. Please get the greatest hits. IT is AWESOME! They are an awesome band. You should not deprive yourself of it. I just wanted you to understand the system. We are all prey to it. I go out and buy CDs by bands I hear in movies. Same thing. Life is one big commercial and we just have to pick and choose the good stuff. I don't care how I found out about something, just that I discovered it is the awesome part. New music is always a GOOD THING!! So go get the album, they are awesome and you will like it. That is what is important. Stretching your mind to new music.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/27/2001 : 6:43:07 PM
Fluffy, I know exactly what you mean. So just to go against the machine, I'm not going to buy PF's greatest hits just now. Because it makes me feel stupid to be so impressionable and such an easy target of the media. I guess what I'm saying is that I feel like I almost bought a cd because someone was playing it a lot and talking about it a lot and all that.

So, who's heard Nomadic Wavelength? ...I've been listening to it for a week straight in my room...I think it's one of the greatest albums I have.....

Ha

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Fluffy Posted - 12/24/2001 : 04:39:18 AM
hey SarahQ, good to see you back! and Jason, I think the reason is when something like that comes out there is a big push from the record company and a huge resurgence in interest by the public. Just look how many magazines they have been on the cover of in the last 2 months. I know I bought 5 different magazines with cover stories about them. Its all part of the publicity machine that sells records. Create a buzz and Whammo! Hince the term BuzzClip! HEHE(bad example) Record companys and management companies sit around and come up with ways to get the public interested. They set up interviews with the band, send them out on tour, instores, radio interviews, etc. They make people talk. They send out promo copies to radio in hope that they will do exactly what they have done in this case. PLAY IT! So you will talk about it and hopefully go buy the record. It is all very calculated and strategically planned. It is not coicedence by any stretch of the imagination. Hope this helps you understand a little bit better how the BIG BUSINESS of music works. Its all about the almighty $$$!! That is one of the things that I love about TR is that he wants to keep control of his career and music. Not let the BIG BUSINESS MUSIC INDUSTRY get its greedy little paws on him or his music. I really respect that. And if he ever does get involved with it I am sure it will be on his terms and not theirs. They can be a big help but if you give them to much rope they can hang you.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Sarah Posted - 12/23/2001 : 3:50:55 PM
No i don't but it's odd that there should be a topic about floyd up cause i watched the wall the day before yesterday and had an enlightening experience and when i was in the movie theater last night to see lord of the rings i had a plesant conversation about the movie with the guy sitting next to me.

Sarah Q
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/23/2001 : 10:34:28 AM
quote:

Why am I hearing so much Pink Floyd on the radio lately? Is it so everyone will buy their greatest hits or is it some anniversary of theirs or something?

It's just odd, because I went for months without hearing them on the radio, and now I hear them once or twice a day.

This is still happening. Anyone know why?

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 12/23/2001 : 04:17:44 AM
In my best Joe Pesci voice... What? I'm just bustin his bawls

Fluffy Posted - 12/23/2001 : 04:11:53 AM
Careful Kevin, You're messing with GOD(on the message board). He has the power to make you disappear.(or at least make your message board experience a living HELL! Hey, wouldn't that make him the devil? No wait, The Jon Tesh Project, now thats the devil)(Ps, OH YEAH, and Fred Durst)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 12/22/2001 : 6:56:23 PM
No kidding, The Jon Soldo Project sucks, I hate them. I'd rather listen to the John Tesh Project.

Fluffy Posted - 12/22/2001 : 5:17:02 PM
Dammit, does anyone know who to clean bologna out of a CD player? And damn that sandwich tasted horrible, and boy was it crunchy! I am never buying another "JON SOLDO PROJECT" CD!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/21/2001 : 6:49:47 PM
quote:

As far as packaging goes, my first cd is gonna come hidden inside a bolognia and cheese sandwhich, then you get a meal as well...

Peace On Earth
Jon [img]http://www.timreynolds.com/icons/alien.gif">
"Behold, the power of cheese" [img]http://www.timreynolds.com/icons/bounce.gif">

LOL! A CD with an expiration date.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
jsoldo Posted - 12/21/2001 : 5:11:44 PM
As far as packaging goes, my first cd is gonna come hidden inside a bolognia and cheese sandwhich, then you get a meal as well...

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/21/2001 : 2:02:45 PM
Why am I hearing so much Pink Floyd on the radio lately? Is it so everyone will buy their greatest hits or is it some anniversary of theirs or something?

It's just odd, because I went for months without hearing them on the radio, and now I hear them once or twice a day.

-Jason-

Black Lotus Posted - 12/21/2001 : 10:37:49 AM
I know I can change the battery, but I think it's just cool as hell that it's still blinking after all these years.

-----------------------
Look ma, new signature!
Fluffy Posted - 12/20/2001 : 11:49:39 PM
You know if it stops blinking you can change the battery. I already had to change mine at least once. Pretty kewl idea. Ironically, Jon and I were talking about that kewl packing idea while I was up at his house. We think more artists should cum up with kewl packaging ideas like that.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/19/2001 : 09:35:05 AM
Do you guys remember when pulse came out ... something like six years ago or so? The light on my CD is still f'ing blinking! And I got it waaaaaaaay back when it first came out.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
KevinLesko Posted - 12/19/2001 : 03:36:41 AM
That sounds like a good x-mas present for my brother, he is older and I know he liked them growing up. I just wish I knew what to get my mom!

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 12/19/2001 : 02:30:00 AM
Ok, for one who doesn't usually just "hear" Pink Floyd on the radio, I was pretty freaked out when I heard them THREE times the other day on the radio in one day. I was thinking it was a sign or something. One of the songs was Comfortably Numb (which I am now, woohoo) and I can't remember the other two. But I was like, hell, maybe someone on high is trying to tell me something with this Pink Floyd shiznit, so I listened to them, and I can dig it. Maybe I'll get this "greatest hits" that I hear so much about...

-Jason-

KevinLesko Posted - 12/17/2001 : 2:23:23 PM
Yeah, that hanging is pretty crazy, although I think it's only on the older VHS, not on any of the re-mastered videos or DVD.

Black Lotus Posted - 12/17/2001 : 10:05:36 AM
Hey ... have you seen the suicide scene? After they meet the scarecrow and they're walking up the yellow brick road, look way into the background and you'll see a guy walk up a ladder and hang himself. It's INSANE.

Only prob ... can't rememver if it's after htey meet scarecrow or the lion. I'll have to watch it again.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Fluffy Posted - 12/15/2001 : 4:45:12 PM
Sorry only half-baked, and that is from lack of sleep. Going on 36 hours straight so far. Starting to see munchkins without turning on the DVD. Hey! What the hell? I'm not still on tour. SLEEEEEEEP, You are getting sleeeeepy! Hell yea I am.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/15/2001 : 4:40:00 PM
quote:

Not yet, but I am looking forward to it. Jon Soldo and I tried to do the Wizard of Oz-Dark Side of the Moon thing while I was visiting him in NY, but we ran into technical difficulties. Maybe next time. If you haven't done it, you really should, it is pretty amazing!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

It's even better when you're baked ... like now.

-----------------------
Fluffy Posted - 12/15/2001 : 01:35:18 AM
Not yet, but I am looking forward to it. Jon Soldo and I tried to do the Wizard of Oz-Dark Side of the Moon thing while I was visiting him in NY, but we ran into technical difficulties. Maybe next time. If you haven't done it, you really should, it is pretty amazing!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000