Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Grand Theft Auto III

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Black Lotus Posted - 12/13/2001 : 9:58:45 PM
This game rocks! Anyone else have it? I have an extra, unopened if anyone wants to buy it.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 12/20/2001 : 11:33:35 PM
You can toss mortars? KEWL!!!! I didn't get that far, I just loved blowing stuff up HUH HUH and crushing stuff HUH HUH Tanks are kewl!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/19/2001 : 09:11:45 AM
quote:

TANK...... GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! I had a great time messing with the tank. It is truly hard to lose with that piece of machinery. Good for a beginner like me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy [img]fluff_alien.gif">[img]yinyang.gif">[img]skull.gif">[img]bigeyes2.gif">[img]censored.gif">[img]weeping.gif">[img]kitty.gif">[img]sonar.gif">[img]darkside.gif">

I just liked the fact that you can blow up everything :) ANd when pesky gang members shoot at you (morons), just toss a mortar their way.

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe they are free."
Fluffy Posted - 12/19/2001 : 03:36:11 AM
TANK...... GOOOOOOD!!!!!!! I had a great time messing with the tank. It is truly hard to lose with that piece of machinery. Good for a beginner like me.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/17/2001 : 2:25:02 PM
I figured out how to get the tank lastnight ... this thing rocks! It's terribly slow and can't turn for crap, but shooting the cannon and blowing up other vehicles upon impact kicks ass!

It's damn near indestructable ... only blows up after a few hundred cars hit it - or have been run over by it.

Best way to get it ... get all 6 stars and have the army start chasing you. Jack the tank from one of those guys and haul ass to a spray shop. Just make sure you have a car packed outside the spray shop to get resprayed - this will get rid of all of your stars.

Recommended weapons to accomplish: sniper rifle (100+ rounds), 30 or so grenades, the rocket launcher, full armor and a fast car.

Best plan of action ... get on the parking garage, start sniping people until the cops show up. Then grenade the police cars until the helicopters start coming. Shoot down some helicopters until you hear the army roll up. Get into the fast car (preferably the viper looking thing) and take off out of the garage toward the spray shop. Make sure the army follows you, try to avoid the FBI as much as possible, their AK-47's are nasty.

Once you get to the spray shop, a tank or two should follow you. Wait for the army guys to get out of the tank, then use the sniper rifle to kill them from a distance - they are equally as dangerous with their M-16's. Jump in the car after they're all dead and get it resprayed. Viola! No more stars and a tank sitting outside for the taking.

Grab the tank, head back to you base and save your game.

There's also a cheat code (but I don't know how it'll effect the outcome of the game):
Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, Circle, R1, L2, L1, Triangle, Circle, Triangle
Do this while standing outside somewhere and a tank will myseriously appear not too far from you :)

-----------------------
Fluffy Posted - 12/15/2001 : 02:08:33 AM
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falsely believe SHIPPING is free."

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/14/2001 : 7:27:59 PM
Fluffer-nutter ... you have issues.

-----------------------
Fluffy Posted - 12/14/2001 : 6:06:08 PM
quote:

I think it's selling for 49.99 ... I'll sell it for that. Tell you what, $50 even and I'll ship it :)

-----------------------
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those that falseley believe shipping is free."

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Black Lotus Posted - 12/14/2001 : 5:52:02 PM
quote:

Hey Lotus, how much are you selling that for? We were wanting to pick up a copy.

I think it's selling for 49.99 ... I'll sell it for that. Tell you what, $50 even and I'll ship it :)

-----------------------
Fluffy Posted - 12/14/2001 : 3:45:48 PM
Never played a computer game before but that was alot of fun. Thanx for the introductory lesson in gaming Jon. Sorry I wasn't a better teammate in the Hockey arena. I like crashing into the walls and getting knocked down the best. DOAH!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
KevinLesko Posted - 12/14/2001 : 2:12:11 PM
haha, My roomies and I rented it when it 1st came out, we were all laughing our asses off. It's almost more fun to just screw around then actually playing the missions. I would just run down the street beating up people and trying to get as many cops after me as possible.

Hey Lotus, how much are you selling that for? We were wanting to pick up a copy.

James M. Posted - 12/14/2001 : 1:43:16 PM
that game rules..my friend rented it...its so freaking addictive..i dont see how u stop....theres so much shit to do..its amazing how much info they can put in games these days
james

jsoldo Posted - 12/14/2001 : 12:16:23 PM
I like getting in the ambulance and running people over.. seems to have a nice level of irony, Fluffy was even playing GTA3 here with the tank, he though it was hysterical

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Saint Jude Posted - 12/14/2001 : 11:14:48 AM
quote:
It's completely insane ... I picked up a hooker in a stolen police car lastnight and took her into the park. THe car starts rocking and my health went all the way back up. She took some money though, so when she got out of the car I kicked her ass and took it back

Thats awsome.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Isaac Posted - 12/14/2001 : 10:12:47 AM
I love the original GTA, and then i thought 2 was a little weak (killing people was fun but the cars sucked). Anyway GTA 3 looks great, I'm hoping they get it out on the xbox one of these days so i can pick it up.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Black Lotus Posted - 12/14/2001 : 09:55:42 AM
It's completely insane ... I picked up a hooker in a stolen police car lastnight and took her into the park. THe car starts rocking and my health went all the way back up. She took some money though, so when she got out of the car I kicked her ass and took it back

-----------------------
Saint Jude Posted - 12/14/2001 : 12:20:18 AM
yeah that game looks the shit... but i dont got a ps2... i will just have to wait for comp.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000