Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 If you really want to have a laugh.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 08/31/2007 : 02:46:33 AM
http://www.proudestmonkeys.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1641

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=201191

And as if those weren't BAD enuf, there is this little gem:

http://antsmarching.org/forum/showthread.php?t=202800

Sadly, people never cease to amaze me. LOL
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/08/2007 : 04:16:18 AM
Yes, it was creep, and done very well.
dan p. Posted - 09/05/2007 : 8:15:00 PM
i don't have the music here with me. one was creep, and there was another one that wasn't a radio hit.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/04/2007 : 02:04:07 AM
Warren Haynes played a Raido Head cover for the first song off his Live @ Banaroo album. I think it was great what he did. I can't remember the name of the song off hand, but it was good.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 09/03/2007 : 4:45:05 PM
I am curious as to which ones, Dan, if you would indulge me.
gnome44 Posted - 09/03/2007 : 09:51:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

thom yorke is a scruffy little gnome.

I take serious offense to that.
dan p. Posted - 09/03/2007 : 02:52:12 AM
radiohead, despite what philistines will tell you, is actually not awesome. they don't have the elements for awesomeness. completely rad frontman? nope. thom yorke is a scruffy little gnome. also, he has a lazy eye. bitchin' guitar solos? not a bit. songs about cheap beer and loud guitars? no. dragons? barely any at all. haha, just kidding. they're alright. i actually have a couple of their songs arranged for classical guitar. weird stuff.

tool fans are the worst. seriously read some of the things these shitbricks write on the interwebs and try to stop your brain from imploding. it's impossible. your mind will eat itself alive. i don't know what's worse, reading them interpret tool lyrics, or them trying to find numerological meaning in the bass drum patterns danny carry plays. i think for one song, he should pound out "you are an idiot" in morris code. at least radiohead fans have the decency to not talk to you if you don't like radiohead. they don't threaten to beat you. but that's probably because radiohead fans can't throw a punch.

edited for ridiculous bbc code or whatever it is this board uses.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/03/2007 : 02:02:59 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305
So I'm not the only one that finds Tool fans pretentious?

No, you're just pretentious.

And ya, I guess your right Dan. But, the ones that scare me are the obsessed dmb fans. I have run into quite a few, and they scare me.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 09/02/2007 : 10:03:18 PM
Radiohead is the finest band in the land, and that makes them and me both awesome simultaneously.

"Idiot, slow down. Slow down."
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 09/02/2007 : 5:07:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

but certain things will rub us the wrong way. for instance, tool fans or radiohead fans annoy me more than dmb fans. i find the negative traits of tool fans (pretentious) and radiohead fans (fucking hipsters) to be more grating than the negative traits of dmb fans (stupid, rude.)

So I'm not the only one that finds Tool fans pretentious?

dan p. Posted - 09/02/2007 : 12:21:07 PM
what you have to remember when dealing with any large group that has only one thing all the people in it have in common, is that they're always mostly jerks. especially if that one common element isn't indicative of any sort of personality trait. are most dave matthews fans jerks? sure. but it's not because they're dave matthews band fans. it's because the dave matthews band fanbase is very diverse and unified only by their preference for dmb's music. this is true of any fanbase that is very large. the reason why the tim reynolds fanbase aren't largely jerks is because we have more in common than just liking his music. most of us are of the same political slant, a lot of us are musicians, ect.

but certain things will rub us the wrong way. for instance, tool fans or radiohead fans annoy me more than dmb fans. i find the negative traits of tool fans (pretentious) and radiohead fans (fucking hipsters) to be more grating than the negative traits of dmb fans (stupid, rude.)
Ranting Thespian Posted - 09/02/2007 : 01:51:04 AM
from the "sexual orientation" post:

"My friends think he is gay but I am trying to stand up for him but it is hard with the way he sits and talks."

Um, idiot. He is married to a woman with kids. Plus, defending him? Either his friends are screwed up or homophobic assholes.

I will say this, I Love dave and dmb, and I like only 1/4 of their fans.
Andre_Brazil Posted - 09/01/2007 : 8:40:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Sadly, people never cease to amaze me. LOL

What is wrong with those people?
Fluffy Posted - 09/01/2007 : 12:11:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Wow...the internet is awesome.

Almost as awesome as DMB's fan base.

I think it's really funny that the one user thought the username FluffySucks on YouTube was defamatory towards Fluffy.

I never did get one of those tshirts...

Yes, I also thought that was quite funny. You will notice I didn't correct him. hehe As for the t-shirts, the are still available at the following link:

http://www.strange-house.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=59

And have a look at this:

KevinLesko Posted - 08/31/2007 : 7:21:57 PM
The banana being a phalic symbol was priceless.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/31/2007 : 6:09:29 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Almost as awesome as DMB's fan base.

I think it's really funny that the one user thought the username FluffySucks on YouTube was defamatory towards Fluffy.

I never did get one of those tshirts...
rubylith Posted - 08/31/2007 : 2:49:45 PM
dan p. Posted - 08/31/2007 : 12:32:25 PM
like a flamboyant john madden. awesome.

when i think of a flamboyant john madden (which happens to be almost all the time,) i think of frank caliedo or whatever his name is doing his john madden impression.
gnome44 Posted - 08/31/2007 : 09:12:45 AM
Oh wow. The first two threads were pretty funny...but as soon as I read the opener to the last one:

"Does anyone know his [Tim's] sexual orenitaion?"

I literally lauged out loud! It just really struck me as funny. I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread yet...but I'm sure it gets pretty out of control.

I should start reading those message boards. But it might depress me too much to be so in touch with the current human condition.
Arthen Posted - 08/31/2007 : 02:58:01 AM
quote:
jcc522: i've never seen him with sleeves

That's funny. Kinda true...he rocks the sleeveless apparel alot.

People have far too much time on their hands on those boards.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000