Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 what I did this Summer.....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Robin Posted - 08/02/2007 : 11:29:37 PM
So have you seen any movies? Planted any yummy gardens? Anyone reading, or finished with Harry Potter yet? Summer is slipping away too quickly for me, sigh...my Sunflowers reached over eight feet this yearthey're beautiful sunny heads are going to make the birds so happy come Autumn. Hope it's all good where ever and whatever you're doing! Peace, Robin
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gnome44 Posted - 08/22/2007 : 2:44:33 PM
quote:
Orignially posted by rubylith

1408 was AWESOME!

The short-story was WAY better.
tericee Posted - 08/22/2007 : 2:40:11 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rubylith

Check out www.vid-stream.com amazing!

That's cool! I didn't know this was out there.

I watched the new Adam Sandler movie. For free. Neato.
rubylith Posted - 08/20/2007 : 3:17:36 PM
Check out www.vid-stream.com amazing!

1408 was AWESOME!
dan p. Posted - 08/20/2007 : 2:31:43 PM
i haven't seen any movies this summer. i want to see the last legion and the simpsons, though.
tericee Posted - 08/20/2007 : 03:14:51 AM
Bummer, man. I haven't studied in a while. Although I will be doing so in September when I take a class to become certified in computer security. Rah. I hope I remember how.

BTW, I did get to see Knocked Up on Friday night and I enjoyed it. I think the only ones from the list above that I still haven't seen are Die Hard, Rescue Dawn (haven't even heard of it), Fantastic 4, and Rush Hour. But then I haven't seen any of the Rush Hours so I guess I'm a little behind on that.

Other movies I saw this summer that may not qualify as major were Surf's Up (much better than I expected), Disturbia, Hot Fuzz (GREAT), Gracie (not so great), and Death Proof. I still need to see the other "half" of Death Proof since it didn't show as a double feature in Germany.

One of the best films I've seen this year was Irina Palm, which apparently hasn't come out in either the US or the UK yet, which is weird, since it's a British movie. If it's ever released, go see it!

And in case I didn't mention it, I did read Harry Potter #7 right after it came out. Stood in line at midnight and everything.
Jorgy Posted - 08/19/2007 : 12:47:20 AM
i studied
Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/17/2007 : 09:06:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Yes, I listed them. Pirates of the Carribean III, Spiderman III, Simpsons Movie, Transformers, and Harry Potter

Uhhh... seen it... seen it... seen it... seen it... seen it...

Die Hard (awesome)... Bourne... Rescue Dawn (not a major release but it kicked ass)... Fantastic 4... Ratatouille... Rush Hour... Oceans 13... and on and on...
tericee Posted - 08/17/2007 : 08:45:53 AM
I wanted to see that one too, but it hasn't played at our military movie theater until TONIGHT! Hopefully I can drag my visiting friend to a ten PM show.
KevinLesko Posted - 08/16/2007 : 12:21:06 PM
and one of the better movies I saw this year... "Knocked Up". It was the only major release this summer that wasn't a sequel/franchise and was also one of the more profitable films all year since it didn't take much to make. Praise them for actually coming up with an idea!
tericee Posted - 08/16/2007 : 11:10:22 AM
Yes, I listed them. Pirates of the Carribean III, Spiderman III, Simpsons Movie, Transformers, and Harry Potter
jsemon2 Posted - 08/15/2007 : 9:11:56 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Silky The Pimp
and seen pretty much every major movie release all summer.

uhm, can you name one "major" release this summer besides Transformers
Silky The Pimp Posted - 08/15/2007 : 8:15:22 PM
I've worked... gone to the beach... and seen pretty much every major movie release all summer. It's too hot to do anything outside...
tericee Posted - 08/13/2007 : 06:56:44 AM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I quit my job yesterday! Haha. No really I did. The reason I haven't even had a chance to post much at all on here is because I was promoted to a corporate job up at Virgin's headquarters in LA. I thought it would be a good opportunity, but the reality was I was misserable.

CONGRATS KEVIN!!
tericee Posted - 08/13/2007 : 06:40:45 AM
This weekend I added "Edinburgh Military Tattoo" and Fringe Festival to the things I have done this summer. While the former might not interest a lot of you, I think most folks on the BOARD would have a great time at the Fringe Festival. If you can ever get to Edinburgh during August - do it!

http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/articles/alicesfringe.html

The Fringe Festival got its start the same year the Edinburgh International Festival was launched. While the it concentrates on what some like to call "the high arts," the Fringe Festival is more eclectic, developing out of a spontaneous, grass-roots response to the international high-flyers up the road.

In 1947, eight local theatre groups turned up uninvited to add their artistic efforts to the first Edinburgh Festival. They called themselves the Festival Adjuncts. The following year the term 'the Fringe' was coined by playwright, Robert Kemp, in a preview article for the Edinburgh Evening News, which said ‘Round the fringe of official Festival drama, there seems to be more private enterprise than before … I am afraid some of us are not going to be at home during the evenings!’

For the last sixty years, basically anybody who can raise the funds to pay for a venue can show up and join in the Edinburgh Fringe Festival. It is now considered the largest arts festival in the world. It is well-known as a showcase for experimental works which might not be admitted to a more formal festival.

In the 1960s, various members of the Monty Python team appeared in student productions, as subsequently did Rowan Atkinson, Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie and Emma Thompson. More recent comedy performers to have been 'discovered' include: Reduced Shakespeare Company, Steve Coogan, Jenny Eclair, The League of Gentlemen, Al Murray and Rich Hall. In addition, other performing groups, like Tap Dogs, have been 'discovered' at the Fringe and then made it big on Broadway.

In 2006 the Fringe offered 28,014 performances of 1867 shows in 261 venues, with a total of 17,000 performers. I don't know how many there are this year, but I wish I could have spent more than a day exploring the madness!

tericee Posted - 08/09/2007 : 09:13:09 AM
Travel travel travel!! And when I'm not doing that, movies and books.

Depending when Summer started, I've gone to London, Versailles/Paris, the Adriatic coast of Italy, various and sundry castles/palaces around southern germany, Helsinki, and Munich. Up to and including Labor Day, I plan to visit Edinburgh, Bruges (Belgium), and possibly northern Italy.

I have seen the requisite Summer blockbusters: Pirates of the Carribean III, Spiderman III, Simpsons Movie, Transformers, and Harry Potter (twice), plus I finished the last Harry Potter book. I'll be seeing the latest Bourne movie next week since I've been too busy travelling on weekends to see it yet.

All the fun stuff I've done this Summer have been documented in digital photographs and posted in my Flickr photostream. Much of it has also been blogged, but I'm about a month and a half behind... Feel free to check them out!
Robin Posted - 08/06/2007 : 2:54:45 PM
It was really fun, to read all your varied experiences of Summer. It's all good in the end. Arthen I used to work in daycare, eight years actually, much of my fave work was with toddlers. I laughed reading your post. I'm off to end the Summer in Cananda where the sun will shine till 10:00p.m. Thanks for sharing the experiences of Summer so far There's still some left, so take the long way around,Peace, Robin
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 08/04/2007 : 5:09:00 PM
I've been working on recording for my eventual CD while working 40-50 hours a week at the day job, making time for the family and checking out live music whenever I can. At the end of August it's back to school so that will just be added to the list.

I miss what Summer meant when I was in grade/high school...
KevinLesko Posted - 08/04/2007 : 12:49:49 PM
I quit my job yesterday! Haha. No really I did. The reason I haven't even had a chance to post much at all on here is because I was promoted to a corporate job up at Virgin's headquarters in LA. I thought it would be a good opportunity, but the reality was I was misserable. I'd wake up at 5:00am, and leave by 6:00am so I would at least beat traffic, and get there by 7:00am. Then, I'd sit at my desk all day, maybe have a few meetings, and then drive home which would take TWO FUCKING hours in the worst traffic in the nation. I get home, after sitting on my ass all day, and I'm grumpy and exhusted, then I'd fall asleep really early because I woke up at 5:00am, and then do it all over again each day. YUCK. I swear I must have gained about 20 lbs from sitting all day. I finally decided enough was enough and gave my notice. I didn't want to quit without finding another job, but I was spending all day commuting and working that I didn't even have time to look. Luckily I had tons of vacation hours saved up that I cashed out, so worst case senario, I'm good for a few months. So my plan: I'm going to take it easy and enjoy at least a few weeks of this summer and then look for a job that is 5 mins away from my house! Oh yeah, and get back into decent shape.
Hopeful Rolling Waves Posted - 08/04/2007 : 12:20:49 PM
Man, I ain't done shit...'cept have Tim at my house.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 08/04/2007 : 03:05:50 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Robin

And yet you're so productive! lot's of positive stuff there dude. Hey, at least you didn't get your hands or leg bitten off by a Shark. (I'm hooked on Shark week-discovery channel). Hang in there, Peace, Robin

No, not a shark. However, I think a tiger came into my tent when my British battalion were battling the Zulu's. The doctor said it wasn't going to grow back, so we went out for a stroll in the jungle. Then some insane banter with two guys in a tiger suit . . . and still haven't really discovered what the meaning to life was about, but oh well . . . at least all the angels in heaven wear fake plastic tits in "mrs. claus" suits.

. . . man, I need to cut back on my python . . .

. . . nah!
Arthen Posted - 08/04/2007 : 12:39:13 AM
Worked 40hrs a week with 80 3-5yr olds which includes, but is not limited to, the following results: getting licked, getting bitten, getting kissed, getting tickled, getting punched, getting tackled, getting the family jewels squeezed (just the left one, thank god they have small hands), cleaning up pee, cleaning up crap, holding giant African millipedes, making bubbles, dancing, dancing to "Dancing Queen" by ABBA, playing my ukulele, playing my guitar, riding on a bus, hugs, sunburns, and so on... These events have resulted in the drinking of Johnnie Walker Black.

I'm also moving to a new city for graduate school. Read a couple of books, although I didn't read enough. But I reread Catch 22 and Lamb, both fantastic books. Finally read Children of Hurin and loved it. So, it went fast, but don't they always?
dan p. Posted - 08/03/2007 : 7:56:51 PM
it's been a good summer. played a couple shows, worked with a new band, wide assortment of games. not a ton on the song writing front, though. in band dynamics, i'm usually in charge of solos and string arrangements, and screaming if that needs to be done.

also, i would suggest skydiving to anyone and everyone. jumping out of an airplane is awesome.
jsemon2 Posted - 08/03/2007 : 6:52:40 PM
worked on salvaging a divorce that still ended up in divorce. fuck you religion.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/03/2007 : 5:22:41 PM
So far I've had a trip to Europe, some time at the beach, a few nice gigs, and yesterday my brother came up from Mexico for a week or two before going back to Mexico. I can't believe it's august already. I saw Edgar Meyer premiere his new piece for wind octet and bass which was amazing and, I'm gearing up for a close friend turning 21. So it's been a good summer to me so far. Now I just have to make sure I'm all set to transfer to PSU for my last few years of school, and I'll be all set for fall, only I wish I had longer.
rubylith Posted - 08/03/2007 : 3:06:01 PM
I wish I could verbally (wait I guess this wouldn't actually BE verbally) explain the awesomeness of life I have seen this summer.

TR was such a highlight.

Recording...

shows every weekend...

writing so much I bruised my chest from leaning to the pad of paper with guitar in hand.

This has been a truly memorable summer, I hope everyone else is having fun!
Robin Posted - 08/03/2007 : 1:22:26 PM
And yet you're so productive! lot's of positive stuff there dude. Hey, at least you didn't get your hands or leg bitten off by a Shark. (I'm hooked on Shark week-discovery channel). Hang in there, Peace, Robin
Ranting Thespian Posted - 08/03/2007 : 02:08:01 AM
I am showing a friend the LOTR trilogy (extended edition), just finished Two Towers and going to show him Return of the King next week (so far, he loves it).

I finished reading Lennon Revealed, started on John Lennon and the FBI Files, reading Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (by Douglas Adams who did Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series), writing songs (but that's usual), loving Neon Bible by Arcade Fire, made a new best friend (Anna, making the only place 2 others have EVER reached, and being a best friend is the closest you could ever get to me, only 2 others ever reached it), got a digital 8-track recorder, started a short story, and might start a new play soon, and being extremely depressed with a lot of crying as of late . . . and hating my job and my medical problems . . . and that I still live with my folks.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000