Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So at the Robyn Hitchcock concert...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arthen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 3:32:47 PM
My friend Josh, my girlfriend Sarah, and I went up to Robyn after his show in San Francisco, to have him sign my poster and a sign we made that said "Will Work for 1974." (1974 being our group's favorite RH song) Robyn had already seen the sign when we were waiting out front of Slim's, and we were hoping he'd play the song, but it didn't happen. Anyways...

So we get up to the line and ask him to sign it and he said "Sorry we didn't get to it, I ran out of film." Then he paused and kind of considered us, and he looks directly at us and asks: "Were you even alive in 1974?" My buddy Josh says, "Not even close." Me: "But it feels like we were when we listen to the song!" So he drew a cloud on our cardboard sign and inside the cloud he wrote "If only..."

One of the best concerts I have ever been to, porbably the best concert. Robyn's a great guy, fantastic guitarist, amazing artist, and has in-between song banter that makes DaveSpeak seem like babble from an ape. I'll throw some pictures up here later on when I get them...
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 6:40:28 PM
Oh, and if anyone's interested...

Essentially the Soft Boys got back together right before Christmas last year and did Piper At The Gates of Dawn in its entirety. Here it is, check it out, simply fantastic, nice little tribute to the late Syd...

http://www.archive.org/details/robynhitchcock2006-12-17
Arthen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 6:10:24 PM
Two words: HELL YEAH! I freaking love the Soft Boys! The double disc reissue of "Underwater Moonlight...and How it Got There" is in my top five most played albums, along with "Nextdoorland" which is probably my favorite rock album released after 2000. I have a great show from them in 2002 at the Filmore, rocking, rocking stuff.

"Awwwwww yeah! Only the stones remain!"
Fluffy Posted - 04/11/2007 : 5:09:25 PM
I have seen him a number of TIMes, some SOLO, some with a band, he is amazing in both formats. Arthen, did you ever have a chance to check out The Soft Boys? I think you would really like them. I mentioned them in the last thread you started about RH:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7233
Arthen Posted - 04/11/2007 : 5:03:57 PM
Both!

This go around he's touring with the Venus 3, which is 3/5th of the Minus 5 and 1/2 of REM. He also tours solo acoustically, I haven't seen him solo acoustic, but I have a number of shows from archive.org that are fantastic and hilarious. Definitely worth checking out if you can.
Ranting Thespian Posted - 04/11/2007 : 4:59:23 PM
Does Robyn play solo acoustic/electric, or does he tour with a band?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000